ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was talking about Hartman being the best of that cast pictured. Not of all time. Completely agree on Aykroyd. Appreciation of his influence went way up after reading the SNL book. No problem with Murphy being #1.

Yes, Norm was fired because O.J. Simpson was a good friend of Lorne Michaels and all the O.J. jokes pissed Lorne off.

I was talking about Hartman being the best of that cast pictured. Not of all time. Completely agree on Aykroyd. Appreciation of his influence went way up after reading the SNL book. No problem with Murphy being #1.

I'd go Dana Carvey #1 if you are talking about contribution to SNL, Hartman 2nd, I'd guess. Sandler obviously the biggest star, but more for his first coupe of movies outside of SNL than anything he did on SNL. Carvey freaking imitated 2 freaking presidential candidates at the same freaking time, man, cray. Plus Churchlady, Garth, Hans & Frans, Grumy Old Man, Carson, endless impressions. So much. Sorry, not trying to knock Hartman down, he was great as well.

Think we can all agree #3 slot is a tie between Ellen Kleghorn and Julia Sweeney, right?

Dan Akroyd is not that great.

Please refer to "Nothing But Trouble" to evaluate "pure Akroyd" and see how he holds up without the help of Ramis, Landis, etc.

This is probably my favorite Norm Macdonald bit of all time. Jon Stewart's reactions are priceless.

So I need Geese to expand on his Jamal Murray take from Tuesday night .

I will be happy to expand, Anth.

I absolutely love Jamal Murray's game. He's a basketball player, pure and simple. (Ulis, too)

I just don't think he'll be a top 10 pick this year when it's all said and done. Why? He's a tweener, IMO. I don't think he's a legit 6'5, more like 6'3-6'4\ from what I've seen. He'll have trouble guarding NBA 2's and I don't think he has good enough handles/vision to be a NBA PG, either. Now - that doesn't mean he won't be around in the NBA for a long time. I think the scouts will pick at him a bit and find he's average athletically and unless you're Steph Curry with the ball, it won't translate into a ton of upside at the next level to warrant a high pick. I'm well aware of what he did at the Pan-AM games against pros/studs. It was impressive as hell.

If he his Top 10, I'll gladly take my lumps and tip my hat to him/Cal for 'unleashing' his talent and not asking him to do too much with a loaded backcourt. But it will also be a shitty draft. Have you looked at the Top 10? Yikes. After you throw the mystery Euros and sleeper NCAA guys who come out of nowhere, I think he'll be mid-late 1st round pick. JMO. But he'll be a very good pro. I just don't think he'll be trending up after individual workouts.

Truth be told -- you may see Charles Matthews get more late season NBA interest, IMO. If he shows even a tiny hint of a competent jumper ---> eek. He's a freak.

It's all about upside, people. Murray is fantastic tho and that doesn't take away my excitement about the CBB season. He'll be a very good college player and a good pro.

Last edited:
Joshie was also adamant that MKG's "busted shot and marginal handle" would keep him from being a lotto pick.

May wanna look elsewhere for NBA Draft analysis, jmo.

Ha, because MKG has definitely lived up to his #2 overall billing. I said it was ridiculous for him to be a Top 5 pick and his talent warranted a mid-late 1st round selection, which has proven to be true thus far in his career.

I'm sure if you polled the NBA audience, they would want a do-over on him.

I was right about MKG, sorry. I can't help a lot of GM's in professional sports are complete idiots.

Joshie was also adamant that MKG's "busted shot and marginal handle" would keep him from being a lotto pick.

May wanna look elsewhere for NBA Draft analysis, jmo.
He also totally discounted his performance at FIBA. TS. He ran point against grown men and several NBA players, as a 17 year old.

MKG is one of the best defenders in the NBA. He is also extremely young. Mid round pick? He's certainly better than Fab Melo or Jarred Sullinger. That draft was garbage outside the very top players. Davis was a no brainer. Beal and Barnes probably should've been 2 and 3 but MKG is just behind them. Top 5 for sure.

Think what Geese is alluding to is that 6' 3'' shooting guards are a dime a dozen in the NBA. Rarely, unless the player is a can't miss talent, do you see GM's spend a Top 10 pick on an undersized shooting guard.

The only way it happens is if there's enough buzz out there from scouts that Murray can play the point of "lead guard" at the next level.

MKG just got resigned, and his injury has been termed "devastating" for the Hornets by any & everyone in and around the league. Mid-Late Round pick, lol. LOL.

Murray is 18, his handles/vision are pretty damn good.

Rack this man, btw. :fire:

Reactions: Mashburned
Ha, because MKG has definitely lived up to his #2 overall billing. I said it was ridiculous for him to be a Top 5 pick and his talent warranted a mid-late 1st round selection, which has proven to be true thus far in his career.
Mid to late round in the 2012 Draft. No.

Davis, Lillard, Drummond, Beal and Barnes/MKG should've been the order in hindsight.

People are able to look at prospects and realize that even if they're not great athletes or scorers they're still really valuable. You can have flaws and stll be worth it. Hence MKG's 13million dollar a year extension. Dude is a GREAT defender and really good rebounder.

You want to put him back with Perry Jones and Fab Melo? Come on. Awful Awful take.

MKG is one of the best defenders in the NBA. He is also extremely young. Mid round pick? He's certainly better than Fab Melo or Jarred Sullinger. That draft was garbage outside the very top players. Davis was a no brainer. Beal and Barnes probably should've been 2 and 3 but MKG is just behind them. Top 5 for sure.
Lol.

Rack. Drummond and obviously Lillard.

Think what Geese is alluding to is that 6' 3'' shooting guards are a dime a dozen in the NBA. Rarely, unless the player is a can't miss talent, do you see GM's spend a Top 10 pick on an undersized shooting guard.

The only way it happens is if there's enough buzz out there from scouts that Murray can play the point of "lead guard" at the next level.
I don't think his intent is to play the 2.

Chauncey Billups seems like a nice ceiling for Murray. Has the type of game where I see him sticking around that long. Not sure if he'll make several All Star teams but similar games, IMO.

-Shotgun Wedding going in cans is WAF. Great beer.

-Picking up a growler of Blue Stallion tonight, best brewery in town. TS.

-I like when we change up the uniforms but I don't like wearing black to games.

-Traffic in the city is already ridiculous . Can't imagine those people trying to make the game from Keeneland will succeed.

With Breeders Cup going on I bet the Whiskey Tango scene right now in Lexington is super thick. Cowboy hats, super tight untucked button downs, bedazzled jeans... Full spread.

Trust will be bonks tonight.

This is Ernie Els' 2nd yipped putt this month. I bet even a boozed up HymanKaplan could make this.

Excessively tailored blazers are out of control, I'd say.

IT NEEDS TO ADHERE TO MY RIBS AND I SHOULDNT HAVE MOTION OF MY ARMS THANKS ALSO NEED HUGE POCKET SQUARE WITH ANOTHER PATTERN K

God damn it all.

Topped off with...

uk-bc-2015-finish-line-cap-royal-5.png

cawood - I actually started taking it seriously this year. Breaking 90 on the regular (which I never had done in my life before)

Reactions: cawoodsct
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT