ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
hallowkein.jpg

Why is black face for Halloween if you are dressing up as a black person so offensive? I'm certainly not offended by "white face".

I truly do not get it. It's a costume.

Because everyone thinks everyone else will be offended, so they are preemptively offended, because they are worried they'll look like a racist for not being offended. Basically.

Reactions: Ron Mehico
Why is black face for Halloween if you are dressing up as a black person so offensive? I'm certainly not offended by "white face".

I truly do not get it. It's a costume.

Chase pretty much nailed it. Most people just know that it's supposed to be offensive so they feign being offended to not come off as racist. If you know anything about history (or have seen a Spike Lee joint), you'd actually be a bit offended though.

Blackface is a form of theatricalmakeup used by performers to represent a black person. The practice gained popularity during the 19th century and contributed to the proliferation of stereotypes such as the "happy-go-lucky darky on the plantation" or the "dandifiedcoon".[1] In 1848, blackface minstrel shows were an American national art of the time, translating formal art such as opera into popular terms for a general audience.[2] Early in the 20th century, blackface branched off from the minstrel show and became a form in its own right, until it ended in the United States with the U.S. Civil Rights Movement of the 1960s.[3]

I can't believe some idiots still rock blackface for Halloween. I was at a party 2-3 years ago where some whiteys were doing it. I'm not being self-righteous here. Whether you "get it" or not, you should be smart enough to know that it's really going to offend and piss some people off. If that's worth pulling out the face paint for your Kanye costume this Halloween, knock yourself out, but you won't get any sympathy from me.

First media interview Dwane Casey gave after that story broke was to....me. I had just gotten a job as the sports reporter for the small-town weekly rag. Local connection hooked me up with that interview as a favor for free advertising for his new sporting goods store, IIRC.

I was 14. The questions were not hard-hitting.

Just met with the Chairman and CFO of Match.com. They are going to IPO very soon. Interesting business (to me at least). You either do a great job for your members - and they leave you, or you do a bad job, and they leave you. Don't worry 73, I thanked him for you. Told him he needed to watch out for a little dating website called "The Paddock". 2 marriages and counting.

Reactions: wildcat1973
So Zola's girl Jess turnt 20 tricks in one night. The first she charged $100, and two other tricks that Z set up also $100. Zola set up her back page and charged the rest at $500. She told Z she made $5500. How much money did Jess really pocket from trappin?

Reactions: Mashburned
So Zola's girl Jess turnt 20 tricks in one night. The first she charged $100, and two other tricks that Z set up also $100. Zola set up her back page and charged the rest at $500. She told Z she made $5500. How much money did Jess really pocket from trappin?

Wait. You actually think that's real?

[laughing]

Are you going to be asking us in a few weeks how the hell does Santa visit every kid in the world in just one night?

Our scandal in 1988 was handled differently than any other one before or since. Every school I can think of has fought the NCAA tooth and nail and we had a university president who said we were probably guilty of everything and guilty of things we don't even know about. It was good karma for us the way things turned out but I don't know if I buy the "if UK didn't cooperate they would have gotten the death penalty" because we and Penn State a couple of years ago are the only two who let the NCAA do whatever it wanted and I think both cases show total cooperation didn't do jack. I also remember as far as the head stuck in the sand contingent, Gov. Wallace Wilkinson trying to hold rallies for Sutton.

Yeah, I didn't read that shit about common core. Skipped it like I do everyone's 10,000 word essays on their dinner or their vacation.

Started doing a little snooping on the PVA. Pitino bought his Louisville home in Mockingbird Gardens in 2001. It looks like he has since sold that home or lot to his daughter and she has put a house on the lot. There is a Minardi that lives down the street (Joanne's sister)

The deed shows Pitino and Joanne having an address on Pepperbush Rd. However, that house was owned by his son until 2014 until it was sold.

Really weird, where the hell does Rick actually live?

She cleared $3800. Turned in $5500, it was actually $8800. 17 x $500, 3 x $100. $8800, gave him $5500, he gave her $500 back. So $500 + $300 + the secret $3000 = $3800 profit for her. But Jess didn't make shit, the pimp made $5500, the black trick made $3800. Pimping aint easy.

Started doing a little snooping on the PVA. Pitino bought his Louisville home in Mockingbird Gardens in 2001. It looks like he has since sold that home or lot to his daughter and she has put a house on the lot. There is a Minardi that lives down the street (Joanne's sister)

The deed shows Pitino and Joanne having an address on Pepperbush Rd. However, that house was owned by his son until 2014 until it was sold.

Really weird, where the hell does Rick actually live?
Miami.

Just met with the Chairman and CFO of Match.com. They are going to IPO very soon. Interesting business (to me at least). You either do a great job for your members - and they leave you, or you do a bad job, and they leave you. Don't worry 73, I thanked him for you. Told him he needed to watch out for a little dating website called "The Paddock". 2 marriages and counting.
What's the valuation on that?

Little sidebar - Don't know if any of you are watching, but Pete Rose is embarrassing himself on the WS Game 2 pre-show.

Never been a fan, but it's more sad than funny.

Reactions: legalbeagle123
In theory take out the actual physical efforts, if kentucky played 162 or so games could the fan base sustain it? More importantly would HCJVC run out of things to say?

<----- Really would like to get a run down on Doc boats halloween plans costume changes etc.

Have been informed the football tailgate hosts will be "dressing as UK fans,"

Maybe I'll throw a flightsuit in the car, just in case.

Lol. These idiots are firmly back on the train. Can't trust her, pen ink was same color, song want even out yet, Rick has to skip media days completely understandable and you're an idiot for suggesting otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT