ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
UL announced two days ago today is a pink out. Great idea but I wonder if recent events helped pushed this late announced plan.

Joining Crank in bringing over a few gems. On possible HOFCRP replacements:

What about going the nba route? Steve Kerr has health maybe he just needs a change of scenery ala urban Meyer. I don't see Rick going anywhere though. So when he eventually retires I hope his son has the resume to take the reigns.
[roll]

- Not sure about tonight. Love the Cats getting the points, though.

- Have spent 10 nights or so in Nashville over the last few weeks. Like it a lot... except for being at the eastern edge of the central time zone. Awful.

- UT can't go downfield sooooo....... Bama big.

Oh... darn it's raining. Gonna be stuck on the couch all day with beer and football. Shame.

Steve Kerr. :joy:

They've been mentioning, not the idiots, Marshall and Brad Stevens. [roll]

No. This next hire is either a young guy or an older journeyman on his last round. They're not landing a big name during all this.

Reactions: wcc31
Their ideal situation would be to have Rick take an indefinite leave and then buy him out sometime during the winter and name Ralph Willard interim coach. Unfortunately, Willard appears to want no part of this shit show. That method would give Jurich a huge head start on everyone else who will be hiring a coach in March and April. I don't think they'd get a top tier guy, but they could go a notch below (up and coming, mid-major, basically not Brad Stevens or Marshall etc.). The timing of the NCAA will be important as well. If you're Louisville, you want the punishment set before you start offering the job to the next guy.

If a bigger name comes calling for Stoops, I say we go all in on Belichek. The guy still has his health after all. A change of scenery in Fayette County is just what the doctor ordered :sunglasses:

hate to give osu credit, but their 1 year decision to temporarily hand the reins over to luke fickell after jim tressel resigned was brilliant. short term loss for long term gain. typically the powers that be want to make the quickest sexiest hire, and i suspect uofl would be no different. praying that would be their move, in fact.

fickell is still an important part of the staff. they had time to make a home run hire. brilliant.

uofl will do the opposite. get all excited. make a hasty decision. shoot their load in like fifteen seconds. KIND OF LIKE RICK PITINO LOLOLOL

That's why Willard stepping away is a huge issue. He's the perfect "placeholder" for this season and possibly next. The other two assistants are Mike Balado and Kenny Johnson. They aren't equipped to run the whole show. Balado very well could end up being the "Coach Mike" Powell has mentioned and Johnson is a recruiter who has only been there two years.

When Mike DeCourcey lays the boom, it's bad. He has been objectively trying to give the benefit of the doubt up until yesterday. Pretty much the only holdouts are Forde, O'Neill, and the local mouthpieces Ramsey/Rutherford/Deener/Howie.

-When can we start having a serious convo about taking Rick's banner down from Rupp? I know that's been Billy Joe Wildcat fodder for years, but this shit is BAD. IT's perfectly reasonable to at least have the conversation. Maybe wait until the NCAA does it's thing.

-Also, the national writers all saying Pitino skipping ACC media days is unfathomable, and not the behavior of the Rick Pitino they know - pretty much proves NO ONE cares about UL basketball. The man's been ducking PC's post losses for years now. Anyone paying attention knows this is completely IN CHARACTER for Rick Pitino. Would love to see an article saying - "I'm not surprised Rick bitched out, it's what he does" and then list all the games where he skipped the PC, sending a lackey out in his place.

-Finally, I love what pushed all these writers over the edge - it wasn't the whores, it wasn't the confirmation of the whores - it's the fact that Pitino won't come and ANSWER THEIR QUESTIONS. It's ALL about them and their importance and needs. Such a bunch of shitstains.

When Mike DeCourcey lays the boom, it's bad. He has been objectively trying to give the benefit of the doubt up until yesterday. Pretty much the only holdouts are Forde, O'Neill, and the local mouthpieces Ramsey/Rutherford/Deener/Howie.
Agree. He's by far my favorite writer even if we have twitter disagreements.

Hopefully he now understands this wasn't some random party at a frat house. It was parties over years at a place designed to keep bad influences out and knowledge of what happens within the hall in.

Reactions: BlueKel
CSFdHFfU8AAg_OW.jpg:large

Jeff Ruby looks like another head in the sand fan. I'm sure UL does a ton of business with him but damn.

-Lol. OSU didn't play that smart. They f#cked the whole thing up so bad they were forced to interim. Then lucked into Urban having a mid life crisis. That wasn't some elaborate scheme it just worked out because OSU is a top 3 job.

-Coolcat is all over it. No idea who would interim. It's a good job but it's not that good to leave Boston or comfort of parlaying Wichita into a top 5 job.

-even O'Neil was not amused yesterday. Deener has been pretty fair for his position and I hate the dude.

-Steve Kerr. Bwahaha.

-meh. His banner should stay. I mean Richie is still up there.

hate to give osu credit, but their 1 year decision to temporarily hand the reins over to luke fickell after jim tressel resigned was brilliant. short term loss for long term gain. typically the powers that be want to make the quickest sexiest hire, and i suspect uofl would be no different. praying that would be their move, in fact.

fickell is still an important part of the staff. they had time to make a home run hire. brilliant.

uofl will do the opposite. get all excited. make a hasty decision. shoot their load in like fifteen seconds. KIND OF LIKE RICK PITINO LOLOLOL
You are correct. But I'm also certain they had an under the table deal ready to go with Meyer.

-When can we start having a serious convo about taking Rick's banner down from Rupp? I know that's been Billy Joe Wildcat fodder for years, but this shit is BAD. IT's perfectly reasonable to at least have the conversation. Maybe wait until the NCAA does it's thing.

Not happening.

Push all the chips in. I hear Pop understands the big three is getting old, may want to jump ship. Can use the Olympic gig to land all the elite talent.

Ah, touch what are we thinking, call Little Three Stacks, get his ass here. Fans will love it, HOFCRP being replaced with FHOFCLRP.

I'd actually just love to see a statement fri Mitch along the lines of "after careful consideration we have decided not to remove Pitinos banner. His actions while disgusting, have nothing to do with his time at UK"
Add in, "And everything to do with UL" he would be my forever hero.

Reactions: DNOKAT
Really wanted the smarmy piece of shit, Richard, to get the job.

I'll go to my grave believing he leaked Bledsoe's transcript to Forde.

If Cal was still here could you imagine how many subtle shots he would take at that kid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT