ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in grade school when Bob was pretending he was Dylan Walsh. I'm really glad I don't recall his stories. Wouldn't have minded spending some college time with PTI, 80, WCC, BBdk and Belly dancer though. Seemed more my speed.

Reactions: wcc31

EPAL-pallet.jpg

So will Pitino skip ACC Media Day next Wednesday or not? What kind of fine would he be looking at for no-showing or sending some flunky assistant?

The man is nothing if not predictable.

In other news, I predict Christmas will be on December 25th this year.

Nah, I'm more of a fan without a home. I used to be a big Braves fan thanks to TBS, but then they went on that run in the mid-90's and everyone jumped on the bandwagon. Sort of lost interest in them after that. Never did like the Reds or Cardinals, so sort of been drifting the last decade or so. I like the Cubs because I like the town and they're long-suffering, but I wouldn't call myself a "fan."

You must be kin to Mashburned. Oh shit the Braves are good, no they sold out, they suck. Good call.

Ok, Bob. Communicate with another poster on here. How does a Doctor, War Vet, Homecoming King, Porsche owner, Hot Tub aficionado come of as a little brother gnat? Shit.

Maybe if you had better communication skills I might understand of what you speak.

Let's be honest, the real reason Anth hates when we all tell college stories...he's not in any of them. You know what that does to a narcissist of Anth's caliber? Like laying on a bed of hot coals.

Going to be total devastation. Like really really bad. 200MPH sustained winds rolling through heavy third world Mexico. Potentially really bad. Especially b/c it's not a long track and just popped up. Sad stuff, man.

Whole lot of MCF in this post. Goodbye Puerto Vallarta Hooters.

Tater tots suck. Never been a fan.

I've done a semi-slow carb diet for 20 days and dropped 10 lbs.

Joella's last night. Eh, not very good this time. The breast was tiny. Meat was hot though.

This hurricane will probably impact the Breeders Cup

Trey Lewis and Damion Lee were fifth year transfers who had played their way onto the radar of high major coaches across the country. They were imagining playing for a high major program, reaching the NCAA tournament, and carving their mark into March Madness.

Five months later here they are. Virtually no tournament hopes, no one is talking about them, and they're preparing to travel three states away to answer question after question about Smoketown whores.

#L1C4, you guys.

Right decision or not- when your attorney tells you to do something, its probably best to listen to them. Especially in a setting with national media folks that are going to ask pressing questions and back him into a corner. If he went and spoke at this thing, he'd end up saying something even more damning.

I'm sure he'll put up a blog post or have his niece or someone write something nice about him that day.

What's so hard about saying "I can't comment on an ongoing investigation" and moving on? He's dealt with the media his whole career and this is suddenly too challenging for him? GTFO.

Right decision or not- when your attorney tells you to do something, its probably best to listen to them. Especially in a setting with national media folks that are going to ask pressing questions and back him into a corner. If he went and spoke at this thing, he'd end up saying something even more damning.

I'm sure he'll put up a blog post or have his niece or someone write something nice about him that day.
It's not his attorney, it's the school's attorneys. And his statement was that the NCAA doesn't allow his to speak- after three weeks of him doing just that. My hunch is someone at UL finally got ahold of him and said "STFU already" and while he had to comply, he still made it sound like he'd love to talk, he just can't, NCAA, ya know. All the while making this a bigger circus than usual. And then sending two transfers down there to face the music.

What's so hard about saying "I can't comment on an ongoing investigation" and moving on? He's dealt with the media his whole career and this is suddenly too challenging for him? GTFO.
Oh i actually think he's losing it... I honestly wouldnt trust him to have the mental capacity when put on the spot, to just make the easy statement about not being able to comment.

He's got too much Nathan Jessup in him.

Crawford went HAM.

"I’ll never forget the first road game Louisville had with Rick Pitino as coach. The Cardinals faced Oregon at the Rose Garden in Portland, and got blown out. I talked with Pitino in the hallway outside the locker room after the game. Then I walked into the locker room and it was nearly empty. Players had showered quickly and headed for the bus. Pitino got wind of it, he stormed into the locker room, and you could hear the shouting outside. “Who told them to leave? Who told them?” He demanded an answer from assistant coaches and managers.

Then he sent a manager out to the bus, and marched every player back into the locker room. Then he lectured them for ten minutes that you stood and answered questions after your wins and you did it after your losses."

I did not find Crawford's article as HAM at all. Was pretty ass kissing to be honest. Saying it probably wasn't King Rick's call. Rick would of course go, but mean lawyers won't let him.

Weak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT