ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the two Cubs aces get knocked silly and they combine for 3 runs in two games... starting to think twice about heading up there tomorrow, but if all else fails at least I can grab a good barbecue sammy..

Guess i'll be greedy when I say I'd rather Cal not mess with the US Job. Its not like it gives him any more of a recruiting advantage that he doesnt already have. It seems like it would just be more responsibility for a guy who at the end of the last few seasons, seems completely worn out.

Has the swinging gate formation ever worked?
It can if the center is unguarded- then the kicker/whatever has a read for a quick snap- which obviously didn't happen there. Also helps if you're playing against a middle school, maybe high school team.

So yeah...

Hawkins can run the point marginally, but it has more to do with defense in practice, Willy.

There isn't a single scholarship GUARD to play on the other team currently if you put the Big 3 together.

hawkins sucks, if you're being completely honest about this.

<-- team bbdk, re: leave raking, getting pumped, etc.

larry david KILLED it on snl.

"okay, if you don't mind, I'm gonna go ahead and dial this right up to a ten......WERE DOOMED!!"

:joy:

peter king. jesus. si just lets him run the show, huh?? "hey pete, we need a monday nfl wrap up column. just write about whatever the hell you want. 75,000 words or so should be fine. k thanks."

Hawkins can run the point marginally, but it has more to do with defense in practice, Willy.

There isn't a single scholarship GUARD to play on the other team currently if you put the Big 3 together.

That's my point. If Cal puts Briscoe in the starting lineup right now when scrimmaging, who's going to run the 1 on the second team? Mulder? Floreal?

Oh, by the way, a BIG L-O-L at UNC not even getting a visit from Harry Giles. What a shit show.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
Did anyone actually get tickets to Champions Classic? With a large majority of the crew sitting this one out, starting to contemplate a week in Mexico instead.

Alpha House on Amazon, only a few episodes in, but its been good.

Not expecting much against MSU, which has me curiously optimistic. Catch. The. Damn. Ball.

Hit up Taco Bell for breakfast, crunch wrap was marginal, coffee was turrible. Can we get an Einstein's or Bruegger's in Lexington please????

Will be ridiculous if the NCAA lets UNC play post season this year. They are obviously trying to stall this whole thing because they take a big step down next year, then fall off a cliff, but if the NCAA actually lets them? Shew.

UNC couldn't guard anyone last year...and they lost their best defender. They can't guard the ball and they can't protect the rim. Not sure why people aren't bringing this up.

The only game from last season I have any interest in watching again, rehashing, mentioning, etc. is that UCLA game- especially in the first half.

That's it. That's the list. GGP Wisconsin game.

-Can't believe Taco Bell breakfast was terrible. Good heads-up, Doc.

-Not only does it make more sense to have Briscoe running the 1 with the second-teamers, but that three-guard thing works best if at least one of the three guards is willing/able to mix it up and grab some rebounds, a la Gurrrld Fitch. None of our big three strike as being that kind of guard, whereas Matthews has the size/length to grab 4-5 a game.

-Cats Pause Basketball Yearbook is $16 now. Ouch. And not a single crossword puzzle in there anywhere. Bring back Beavis.

-Been driving back and forth to Louisville to visit a cancer patient from our church over the past week. She's off Breckinridge, so I had dinner one night at W.W. Cousins. "Louisville's best burger", they said. "Fresh toppings", they said. Falsity false false false.

WW Cousins used to be pretty decent...

...but nowhere near those claims, for sure. Haven't been there in over a decade.

2 miles down Breckenridge from there is St. Matthews/Frankfort Ave bub.

The week still provided my first Yummy Pollo experience, as well as a throwback visit to Bazo's. Wasn't a complete strikeout.

Absolutely murked Gambol this weekend, to the tune of just under +$700...

...and I'm still in the red -- but in a comfy spot again. Shew, It was getting Bad -- pretty clutch effort. :flushed:

The best burger I've had here in town other than Game was at Over the 9 on Saturday. One of the owners told me it's made of ground tenderloin & brisket. Had some BBQ Chimichurri on it. Gracious, it was good.

Cool space on 10th and Market attached to the Old 502 Winery & Falls City Brewery. Kind of like a brewpub meets a wine tasting joint. Various Fall City beers on tap you can't normally find in the bottle and some of the wines the lass tried were very solid.

Place loves some lamb...

Still think SideBar is my favorite burger, surprisingly. MBB is right there. Game/Hammerheads always loses out from a comfort standpoint...those places are always so jammed.

You been to Stout yet? Really good.

The best burger I've had here in town other than Game was at Over the 9 on Saturday. One of the owners told me it's made of ground tenderloin & brisket. Had some BBQ Chimichurri on it. Gracious, it was good.

Cool space on 10th and Market attached to the Old 502 Winery & Falls City Brewery. Kind of like a brewpub meets a wine tasting joint. Various Fall City beers on tap you can't normally find in the bottle and some of the wines the lass tried were very solid.

hipster.

Over the 9 is as hipster as it gets -- and a very cool place.

Just can't believe he enjoyed, didn't get spit on, etc. I mean, the dude calls his new Burger Menu "Burger Builds", how ridiculous is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT