ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
The coverings are off of the hole today in case anyone wants to get a good look at it tonight before Madness tonight.

Ganked from rafters.

Watch the pre-Big Blue Madness special Friday night from 5:30-7 p.m. on UK Sports Network below. The show will feature exclusive interviews and behind-the-scenes content from the Kentucky men’s and women’s basketball teams and more. Dave Baker and Christi Thomas will serve as the hosts for the night. This is the first time in programming history that the entire show will air on UKathletics.com.

For those in Kentucky, below are the complete listings of networks throughout the state and surrounding regions

Bowling Green - WKBO
Evansville, Ind. - WTVW
Hazard - WYMT
Huntington - WSAZ
Lexington - The CW Lexington
Louisville - WYMO/WDRB

[[[ More Info Here ]]]

Big Blue Madness 7:00-9:00 on the SEC Network, WatchESPN, or your usual streaming site, like mine:

https://livestream.com/accounts/11039135/events/4383942

I think SAE is just saying don't stress out on UK Football, just grab a coke and a magazine and try to enjoy it.

Actually, UK football is a lot like holiday air travel.

God blessin all the trap ninjas.

New alternator.... YIPPEE

Can't understand why towles is having such a tough time finding open receivers. Young QBs will have a tough time adjusting to the speed of college but with his experience there is just no excuse. It's not a one time deal either, he's missing quite a few guys.

Last edited:
Amazing after all these years & it happening every single season 2 or 3 times, the kick in the balls UK football gives is always new & excruciating.

Malzhan's long prep time to script slinging the ball deep for the 1st time & the D letting them score at will in the 1st half won them the game. Can't blame Elliot, he did & should have spent the 2 weeks preparing to shut down his option run game. We adjusted at half & held them in the 2nd. Too big a hole for an inconsistent young offense to ultimately dig out of.

Towles, Boom, Baker, Badet, Johnson, Conrad, Bone....not a senior among them folks. Swindle graduates & will be replaced at LT by a Juco all american who picked us over Bama/Oklahoma/Auburn/TCU.

Get to a bowl game, keep the '16 class solid, stay patient & see that next year this offense should be ready to light some mothertouching scoreboards up.

Serious question ---> all things considered, is Jordan swindle the worst multi year starter in the past 20 years? He's definitely up there, and seems to actually be getting worse.

Karl booker
Derrick tatum
Ernest Simms
Jeremiah drobney

All pop up in my mind when thinking of worsts.

Last edited:
We're 4-2 with a TON of football left and a lot of winnable games in front of us. I am not saying we can't be disappointed about any missed opportunities so far, but it's a really long season and we're just halfway through at this point. There are TONS of opportunities in front of us and this team can still write one helluva script.

And that starts this week IMO. If you think @ Mississippi State is unwinnable then you're smoking crack. They're 4-2 (1-2 in SEC). We've pretty much gone toe-to-toe with them the last two seasons. Unlikely? Granted. But we should most definitely still be excited about what we've got and the schedule ahead.

If a lot of winnable games is "2", then you are correct. Those are the only ones that the Cats will be favored. I guess you could say UL is winnable as well which would make 3, but they are a better team right now.

Half full half empty.....could have beaten Florida and Auburn, and could have lost to ULL and EKU. Record is probably one game ahead of where it should be.

Boom had 16 carries....asinine. 4 of them on the first drive and then finished the half with 5. Brilliant.

Dawson is a more experienced version of Brown, although a major step up he is not. This style of offense is a live and die by the 3 analogy....big plays are the only thing keeping this team in games, because asking them to sustain drives is not happening.

Boom also dances around like an idiot every time he touches the ball.

Sure, those will lead to the HR sometimes, but that shit is starting to drive me nuts.

If it was up to UKO, we'd just line up and run it down people's throats like Bama or LSU. Seems logical.

My biggest issue with Dawson is 'rhythm' (Anthony White goes off on this every Sunday morning, and he pretty much nails it) and understanding time/situation. I do think he's getting better, and is generally pretty effective and fun to watch. It's his first year.

...but I don't see any way possible our offense isn't bonkers next year, and won't continue to improve this year. The amount of weapons we have, for KENTUCKY, is o_O

Last edited:
It's kind of impressive that a 50+ year old can be such an internet troll and not even be aware of it.

Raymond Sanders, for the loss. Just despised everything about that guy on the football field all 4 years. very appropriate he finished his career on the bench for his senior day game after failing god knows how many piss tests.

Realize Cole is trolling, but I would love to hear some peoples definition of sustaining a drive because I have heard it tossed out there a few times. Seems like one person mentions it and a few others latch onto it and it becomes fact.

2 9-play 75 yard drives against Auburn that led to TDs, 3 other drives of 10+ plays that led to 2 FGs and an INT and won the overall time of possession.

3 9-play 70+ yard drives against Missouri that led to 3 TDs, and again won the overall time of possession.

2 14-play drives against Florida that only led to 6 points, a couple other 7-8 play that led to nothing and we did lose time of possession. Our worst league game in that regard.

First half against SC had a 10-play 80 yard drive for a TD, 8-play 76 yard drive for a TD, 15-play 59 yard drive for a FG, and a 7-play 76 yard drive for a TD, obviously the second half was shit and we did lose the time of possession by a couple minutes in that one.

If anything it seems like we are improving, its like people want to take the fact that the offense is capable of making big plays and turn it into a negative. What we need to work on is our 2-minute offense not our drive sustaining offense.

He doesn't really know sports all that well, which is easy to see if you follow him on Twitter.

He's just a troll/contrarian. If we ran Boom 25-30 times per game (lolololol) as he's been calling for all year, he'd have the opposite stance. Kinda like PTI(pti), only 5000x worse.

Reactions: cawoodsct
*Can this thread get a DVO against UKO? I'm sure it wouldn't be the first he's been served with.

*I've been hard on Towles in the past but he was far from the issue last night. Dawson, as well. They both had critical mistakes but the offense was certainly good enough to win that game.

*I think CoolCat pointed this out but we are making these games so difficult on ourselves from a field position standpoint. Our special teams has to get better...may be time to rethink this special teams by committee coaching philosophy.

*It's a crime that Conrad isn't seeing the ball more, that guy is a beast.

*I'm all over the place with my feelings regarding football. Overall, you have to be pleased with our progress and what the future looks like...but, damn, just so many missed opportunities last night and against Florida which would have sent this program into territory basically unknown to those of us that weren't around for those late 70's teams.

*Would not surprise me one bit if we won at MSU.

*Bring on madness...of course it's way more fluff than substance but this is going to be a fun season, embrace it for what it is!

--The issue of "sustaining drives" and "flow" is that our offense operates in a very vanilla and easy to decipher way. You can look at the formation and know almost exactly what the play call is going to be. As mind-bogglingly insane that 2nd down run play was, many people saw it coming with the 3-wide set with Boom lined up in the backfield the way he was.

--They run when the situation calls for an obvious pass. They passed (interception) when the situation should've been to run there inside the 10. Auburn couldn't stop the intermediate and deep middle route all night, yet we were throwing way too deep outs all night. Garrett Johnson had a career night.

--We don't change formations, sets, routes, etc. nearly often enough. Last night was a perfect example of how overly simple we keep it versus how dynamic Auburn plays. You can talk all you want about how UK's offense outgained Auburn as proof of Dawson's success, but Auburn's defense is historically AWFUL this year. Worst in the SEC. We should have opened up the play book and left every trick and option out there on the field. We once again played way too conservatively (like we did against Florida), and it cost us the game.

--4-2 and grousing that we could (should) be 6-0 is a pretty good seat to have considering this program's history. Maybe we can steal one of the next three.

I'm not sure how you improve the field position issue right now.

"Hey, MacGinnis. You know how you always kick off to about the 8 yard line?"

"Yeah..."

"See if you can kick it out of the back of the endzone instead."

"Just crazy enough to work, coach. Thanks!"

Reactions: WayneDougan
Foster is killing us. To the point where we need to consider another punter. That dude's leg just seems shot. He hasn't hit one solid punt this year.

Yeah people are nitpicking, the offense is fine. Every OC calls stupid plays each game, every offense has a period where it stalls unless the other team is completely overmatched. Our Oline is not good but our overall offense is doing fine, Dawson obviously needs to clean some things up but taht is expected with a first year OC. If you listen to some people we have a QB that isnt accurate and cant read a defense, an OL that cant block, and WRs that cant catch yet our offense is still much better than it has been in recent years.

Say what you want about Dawson, but there are dudes running around wide open out there on damn near every play. He's not perfect in terms of timing and stuff, but I have little problem with his play calls, in general.

Agreed...the draw was a stupid call but overall the play calls seem fine we just aren't executing.

Towles misses half of his throws and when it is catchable Baden and Baker end up dropping it. I would like to see bone and walker get more opportunities.

Juice Johnson is an underrated badass. Kid is future all SEC. BBdK is right about weapons. We have tons of young offensive weapons. Like maybe the most in my lifetime.

Reactions: cawoodsct
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT