ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's where our (myself included) inexperience as a football school really shows. We're 4-2 with a TON of football left and a lot of winnable games in front of us. I am not saying we can't be disappointed about any missed opportunities so far, but it's a really long season and we're just halfway through at this point. There are TONS of opportunities in front of us and this team can still write one helluva script.

And that starts this week IMO. If you think @ Mississippi State is unwinnable then you're smoking crack. They're 4-2 (1-2 in SEC). We've pretty much gone toe-to-toe with them the last two seasons. Unlikely? Granted. But we should most definitely still be excited about what we've got and the schedule ahead.
No, I think this is just our considerable experience as UK football fans creeping in.

If that's what you want to do/feel, fine. But I see a much different product out there and a program trajectory unlike before. I'm going to enjoy thinking like a football school, our history be damned. I think it's warranted.

You're right. There is definitely a different feel and I expect our young'uns to eventually make the plays to win games like last night. I like where we're headed. But dammit, we could've beaten Florida AND Auburn and we didn't get it done. It's disheartening.

So, my old college roomie's wife is pregnant and he's one of those dudes who loves to party and I know his nerves are probably frayed right now, as he hasn't been able to get after it. Knew he needed to get out of the house, so I picked him up to watch the game at my place then drove him home last night. The least I could do. Anyway, it cracks me up HOW FAST Married Guy drinks beer. I've always noticed it with my dad- those few occasions we get him out to B-dubbs or whatever, he's just downing brews at a stupid pace. Now, I notice it with my friends. My buddy last night put down a 12-pack, bet the UK game and THEN bet the UCLA-Stanford OVER for a Comeback Special. [laughing] Give Married Guy any daylight at all and he's going to let it eat.

wccs gal has a freaking wedding to go to? on a saturday?? lol. where'd you find this c-bomb?? bbc man. bbc.

So, my old college roomie's wife is pregnant and he's one of those dudes who loves to party and I know his nerves are probably frayed right now, as he hasn't been able to get after it. Knew he needed to get out of the house, so I picked him up to watch the game at my place then drove him home last night. The least I could do. Anyway, it cracks me up HOW FAST Married Guy drinks beer. I've always noticed it with my dad- those few occasions we get him out to B-dubbs or whatever, he's just downing brews at a stupid pace. Now, I notice it with my friends. My buddy last night put down a 12-pack, bet the UK game and THEN bet the UCLA-Stanford OVER for a Comeback Special. [laughing] Give Married Guy any daylight at all and he's going to let it eat.
Like Boom Williams on a cutback in the first quarter.

The problem with Towles is he tends to lose his GD mind out there. Just not a cool customer at all. That interception was as bad as it gets.

Rat farts.

Great pre game environment. Awesome time at the extrav, kudos to the schems -those drip beef sambos and smoked wings were on fleek. Huber with the delicious Apple pie. Good to meet Bristol.

Thought Towles passes looked much tighter. Maybe spirals are harder to catch??? Still needs working reading the D.

Just a punch in the nards. Very winnable game dick fingered away.

Breathes deep, exhales.

On to Keeneland, the week continues.

The problem with Towles is he tends to lose his GD mind out there. Just not a cool customer at all. That interception was as bad as it gets.

Loses his GD mind? He made a shitty read/throw. It happens. It happens more with good QBs than great ones. He is not a great one.

But that was the first time in like 30 opportunities that we didn't score in the red zone. It's not like he loses his GD mind out there all the time.

He played a very good game yesterday. He got lucky that the db dropped a pick six and he got unlucky with a handful of dropped balls, including a TD.

Last night was a kick to the balls, but overall we are heading in the right direction.

As the players get better each year, the play calls amazingly seem to work better, too.

I like my team.

Loses his GD mind? He made a shitty read/throw. It happens. It happens more with good QBs than great ones. He is not a great one.

But that was the first time in like 30 opportunities that we didn't score in the red zone. It's not like he loses his GD mind out there all the time.

He played a very good game yesterday. He got lucky that the db dropped a pick six and he got unlucky with a handful of dropped balls, including a TD.

Last night was a kick to the balls, but overall we are heading in the right direction.

As the players get better each year, the play calls amazingly seem to work better, too.

I like my team.
Nope. Fire everyone. Bench everyone. Burn it to the ground. Salt the earth.

Reactions: Wildcat Willy
I just think he should be held to a higher standard than "giving us a chance to win." He's a junior now, and of course we had a chance to win because Auburn blows. They're not asking him to do too much out there. He is surrounded by legitimate playmakers and we really shouldn't be losing these games. IMO

First work hangover in a while.

Think we lost that one last night in the 2nd quarter when we got hardly anything offensively and that last FG before the half should've never happened. For as much as I bitch about Boom not getting enough carries early- he's also got to block better when he's in the game.

2 years ago I made the decision not to use twitter during games, especially on a straight bourbon night. Obviously strayed a bit last night. Need to clean it up.

Also pretty sure i have a kidney stone.

Patrick made two terrible decisions last night... locking on to Baker in the end zone when Juice was abso-friggin-lutely wide open 3 yards away, and he crossed Towles line of vision first, head scratching. And the 4th down decision to run after 1 guy pressured him when Blake Bone could not have been more open begging for the ball. Those two decisions were absolute killers, but he did play a good game otherwise, only missed a few throws.

my frustration lies solely on Dawson, I'm guessing he is a good OC, and at times he is and it shows, but he does have a lot of Billy Clyde in him... during the post game he was confused why it was even a question about Boom in the 2nd quarter, literally said "i don't know, how many plays did we even run in the quarter" , and that Boom ''isn't a nintendo character you can't just line up every single play, he needs rest too"

To take the hard line stance of "it just didn't work" is weak too, you can throw a hail mary and claim "it didn't work, had it worked i'm a genius" is terrible, he even threw out the "you have to have the courage to make calls like that" line as well.

His biggest fault is he has no field vision. He cannot quickly find open receivers, which leads to basically planning on throwing the ball to a receiver before the ball is snapped.
That's exactly what happened on the Baker throw. He admitted as much, I think. We had guys running open all night long, but he seems to try the higher-degree-of-difficulty throw more often than not. I think he has a tendency to lock onto his first read no matter what, and if that guy isn't open, he can't recover.

Listen, I beat up on Towles a bit, but I still think he's a good QB. Can he be a great QB? I'm not sure. I kinda doubt it, honestly, but he still has time to grow.

We should definitely fire Dawson and start over with a new OC (maybe a new QB too??) next year though. Be just the thing to take the program to the next level imo

I want to give a shoutout to last night's officiating crew for calling the first pick play penalty I've seen in 10 years. The fact that it was completely bogus was icing on the cake. Also, great no-call on that blatant pass interference in the endzone and taking 10 minutes to review that horribly blown fumble call. You killed it last night, gang.

I want to give a shoutout to last night's officiating crew for calling the first pick play penalty I've seen in 10 years. The fact that it was completely bogus was icing on the cake. Also, great no-call on that blatant pass interference in the endzone and taking 10 minutes to review that horribly blown fumble call. You killed it last night, gang.
I would love to see the grades of the crews working our home games. Florida and Mizzou were also terrible. Especially the Mizzou game and the no holding calls

MTV had to cancel their trashy WV reality show after a couple of the "stars" managed to kill themselves with carbon monoxide poisoning. They got their truck stuck in the mud, past the exhaust pipe, and sat in the cab with the engine running waiting on someone to tow them out.

Reactions: JustinSphere
I think Dawson has a hint of West Virginia in him. Cool 95% of the time, but the other 5% he spends doing shit like testing his new rifle in the Walmart parking lot or throwing rocks at garbage trucks.

That cool:wacko ratio is a little high for most WV people I know, but I agree with your point.

Thought the officiating was atrocious last night. The no call on the PI on Baker was mind boggling.

We never get the benefit of the doubt with officiating in football.

Thought Stoops was going to tackle that black official at one point he was so furious.

Reactions: bradyjames
Awful lot of vitriol thrown at a good womens basketball coach donated 1 MILLION DOLLARS of his salary back to UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT