ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
-nothing good happens after 10:30 pm, tbh.

-last wkend for a bit in cincy. CMC. Hofbrau. Jungle Jims. Nabbed some *authentic* spices/sauces/oils from india/china/portugal/korea/japan. Something to do.

-never been this busy. It is both good and bad, duality of life and whatnot.

-eldest has surgery on 7/2. Nuss procedure. Painful w/ long recovery time. Its neccessary (pluracy/pneumonia on the reg)...but its gonna suck in the short-term.

-*over* precipitation.

Reactions: roguemocha
I'd have to know what you were cooking and the temps and times, but it sounds like you might have left things in too long? And watery? No clue what's going on there. You pull the meat out of the bag and pat it dry most times. Use the excess juice for a sauce or just toss it.

I tried chicken, beef, pork, salmon, etc. according to standard temps. The texture consistently was off. Dunno. I don't like it when I notice it at restaurants, tbh.

Maybe I'm just a knuckle-dragging simpleton.

SV is great for meal planning, multiple individual portions is a breeze and already bagged. Also, great for things that should be cooked in liquid and are easily overcooked on a oven. Large parties when you have long windows of serving food. Also, properly cooked veggies are awesome and not easy to do stove top.

Last minute weekend trip to Atlanta with the wife getting to choose her own adventure.

- Italian restaurant on Friday night and it's just too hot for Italian so I'd like to move on from that.

- Spent 3 1/2 hours early Saturday at the Ga Aquarium and that place is amazing. It did reaffirm my age when I kept shaking my head at the youngsters playing on their phones when there was a freaking whale shark above them. Old.

- Stood next to the mom from "Ozark" as we both admired the rays.

- Ponce City Market late in the afternoon into the evening. Tons of food options and rooftop views of storms rolling in.

- Can someone figure out something else to do with I75 N between Livingston and Mt Vernon? Yeah road construction is ongoing but weekend afternoons on that stretch are horrific and have been for what seems like forever.

Umm, going to need more about the cruise, bro. Can’t just drop an “Epic” drive-by.

I was up against a meeting.

Seven-day cruise from Anchorage down through the inside passage. Two days at sea on the Royal Princess, a bit of an older-skewing demo ship, but a nice one nonetheless. All the typical tacky cruise trappings, but still enjoyable if you just let yourself roll with it.

But the day we spent simply cruising Glacier Bay was unreal. Just gorgeous scenery on both sides of the ship, with naturalists on board talking over the PA explaining their formation, history, etc. All 3,000 people on the top decks taking it all in. I'm no fan of global warrrmnigg(/rome), but it was very cool to see a couple of huge chunks break off and smash down into the water.

Ports/excursions we hit up:
-Skagway(also rode the White Pass & Yukon Railroad up into the mountains and over the border into the Yukon Territory)
-Juneau(whale-watching tour)
-Ketchikan(a tacky but fun lumberjack show)

Even GYERO's most erudite foodies would have been impressed with the cuisine. Not necessarily the buffet for the masses, but the restaurant where we had dinner every night. Pretty heady stuff for the young Llama girls.

Anyway, the world is beautiful, and travel is just the best, gang.

MY SOURCES HAVE LED ME TO BELIEVE THA KERRY BLACKSHEAR IS STILL CONSIDERING UK, UT, VA TECH, ARKANSAS AND STILL MAY TAKE A VISIT TO TEXAX A&M.

:100points: Have said basically this all along.

Closest comparison was the faux outrage over people getting kicked off flights about a year ago.

That one dude got physically removed from the United flight, internet vigilante justice ensued, and then daily stories popped up every single time Joe Schmo lost his seat because the flight was overbooked, as if this was some brand new phenomenon.

People are just F’ing stupid.

So it's fine for otherwise normal people to die under similar circumstances with no discernable explanation? That couple died the same night in bed next to each other.

I'm sure the reaction is much greater than threat but don't discount the shadiness of a nearly 3rd world country. Hell they tried to claim Papi was shot in a case of mistaken identity. Lolz.

Reactions: VernHatton52
In a wedding in Punta Cana next year. In all honesty I'm not worried.

When it comes to chain pizza spots, Jet's BBQ Chicken is near the top.

I'd be willing to bet more Americans have died in America so far this year than in the DR so the Dominican is safer.

If we're being honest- the Paddock has been trying to figure out whats been going on in Bardstown for over 5 years with no luck. We have no business trying to make sense of an international murder mystery.

Last edited:
MY SOURCES HAVE LED ME TO BELIEVE THA KERRY BLACKSHEAR IS STILL CONSIDERING UK, UT, VA TECH, ARKANSAS AND STILL MAY TAKE A VISIT TO TEXAX A&M.

D93WMJiX4AA8waJ.jpg

Jungle Jims.
As the legend goes, Jungle Jim started his grocery stand as a front to sell pot and it just took off more than the illicit drug sales.

It seems like BS, but then you walk through the store see the elevated monorail, old carnival rides, and “price cutter signs” which consist of a 8.5x11 laser color print of Jungle Jim dressed in a Wizard costume zapping lightning bolts at an old price - and it all seems pretty plausible.

That's why Melbourne Mills, Jr. is a saint. In his commercial he whipped a dinosaur's ass and he did it just to get rich and go to federal prison like a good American and not some drug slinging freak.

Iran’s president says our president is mentally retarded now liberals want a statue made of him.

This is where we are in America right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT