ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
@oldtakesexposed

Yep, I said earlier today it was awesome. It more than justified the endless empty hype of the last 10 empty years. So I called myself out.

But I also figured you'd be a bitch and call me out anyway. Today was indeed spectacular. Congrats. Do you think Tiger will tip you?

And to say that for you, this is almost as good as UK #9 would be? Wow - OK, then. Enjoy.

Reactions: Col. Angus
I dont get the Tiger hate. Dude is 1 of the most 3 dominant athletes of most our lives. He has completely changed the game, and got no telling how many kids involved in the game. Did he cheat on his wife and apparently fall prey to prescription pain pills, well yeah, but what he has done to overcome those demons is remarkable.

He also, apparently, has become a much more self aware individual and has become a much more affible person that obviously has built relationships with the other golfers on tour. Im no golf ball, by any means, but this Masters was really incredible

Didn’t get to watch it but congratulations to all you Tiger fans. That’s pretty awesome.:raised_hands:

I dont get the Tiger hate. Dude is 1 of the most 3 dominant athletes of most our lives. He has completely changed the game, and got no telling how many kids involved in the game. Did he cheat on his wife and apparently fall prey to prescription pain pills, well yeah, but what he has done to overcome those demons is remarkable.

He also, apparently, has become a much more self aware individual and has become a much more affible person that obviously has built relationships with the other golfers on tour. Im no golf ball, by any means, but this Masters was really incredible

The self-awareness part is what made me like him. I sports-hated him (yet respected him) when he seemed to be singularly focused on winning golf tournaments to the point of where he didn’t seem to be having any fun doing it.

It’s cheesy, but seeing him humbled made me appreciate him. He became human - and even an underdog. And that’s what I like in sports.

Well if it helps the player in question played every game Wade missed.

So by suspending him and playing the player, it just showed what mattered most, IMO.

Just abandon your team and the university for 5 weeks, for your conference tournament as well as the NCAA tournament no less, come back and say "It wasn't me" and get re-instated? I just don't get it.
I'm not defending the guy, but I'm pretty sure it's not abandoning if they tell you to kick rocks.

Reactions: Col. Angus
-IMO, most will take the Auburn(Cam)/UNC approach and fight or ignore whatever the NCAA does. Be interesting to see how that plays out. Especially after the UL(whores) and Mizzou penalties. Someone is getting hammered in this deal, just not sure who. Probably Creighton.

-Yesterday was awesome. Rarely do things unfold like that. From start to finish it was one of the most entertaining Masters I can recall and to finish with a back 9 charge from Tiger and the crowd chanting his name while he hugs his family.

-Another top 10 guy headed to Duke over Cal. Canceled in home, ouch. Don't think I can recall Cal getting shut out of a house. I get it, b/c Duke has a less crowded team, but still stings.

-Derby season :sunglasses:

-IMO, most will take the Auburn(Cam)/UNC approach and fight or ignore whatever the NCAA does. Be interesting to see how that plays out. Especially after the UL(whores) and Mizzou penalties. Someone is getting hammered in this deal, just not sure who. Probably Creighton.

-Yesterday was awesome. Rarely do things unfold like that. From start to finish it was one of the most entertaining Masters I can recall and to finish with a back 9 charge from Tiger and the crowd chanting his name while he hugs his family.

-Another top 10 guy headed to Duke over Cal. Canceled in home, ouch. Don't think I can recall Cal getting shut out of a house. I get it, b/c Duke has a less crowded team, but still stings.

-Derby season :sunglasses:

Who was the last top 10 guy that Cal beat K?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT