ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
-"National Siblings Day" can get pumped, IMO. Don't need to explain why.

-That woman who contorts her face and does those "I AIN'T DOIN IT" videos has done more to damage social media than anyone since that stupid Holderness Family. Now every single SASSY female thinks people want to watch them rant from the drivers seat of their vehicle about God knows what. A local woman just posted that she's a "YouTuber" who has "gone viral several times". Checked out her YT page, and her most "viral" video has 168 views, so that's a falsity false false false, dearie.

-I know all our dogs are the absolute best, except maybe the Clown's, but seriously...if you leave the room for 10 seconds, my pup greets you when you re-enter like she hasn't seen you for two weeks. Cracks me up.

-Trader Joe's slays stuff for quick low-prep weeknight meals. Sweet Potato Gnocchi FTW.

-CBB randoms: Buzz is gonna win 25/year at A&M. Tulane should hire Billy Kennedy. I want to see Bobby Hurley at St. John's just for the recruiting battles against his brother at UConn. If Baker does leave, either Lester Quinones or Harlond Beverly would be nice late pickups. Both are scorers, both from this half of the country, plus it would pull Lester away from (presumably) Memphis, who I suddenly hate, and Harlond from (presumably) Indiana. AND it would just be cool to have either a "Lester" or "Harlond" on the team.

Reactions: anthonys735
Feel like 1998 Stanford had the “nerds vs jocks” and west coast darling hyped behind it.

1997 Minnesota was kinda bleh, this feels weird- and turns out it was and they got vacated pretty soon after.

It is just like last year, IQ was like the 5th Beatle or something. That kid coming back is just as huge of a deal as getting Hagans back. I think IQ takes huge strides this year and actually becomes a very solid outside shooter for us. Maxey and IQ will be sharing the 2 spot so if Maxey struggles early, having IQ will prove to be very important.

Good luck , Krazy... the bottle actually looks pretty cool.

Re: Bourbon industry- my dad is now a tour driver for groups doing bourbon tour stops along the trail... seems to be enjoying it, and has met people from all over the country. He's picked me up a couple bottles of stuff we don't really get much of down here that he can grab at a gift shop- but doesn't really understand the huge craze and after market thats going on. Pretty nice part-time retirement gig.

Chris Davis didnt play last night so he's still at 0-49. There is a promotion with Smirnoff Orange Crush (lol wut?), offering free booze when he finally gets a hit.

I went to a mid-week game between Samford and Alabama last night... it was 21-1 when I left in the 8th. Samford's stadium was pretty cool though. Tucked right in between buildings on campus, dingers disappear into the pine trees beyond the outfield, students can just come and go as they please. Nice set-up.

I actually thought Baker looked like a legit contributor at times late in the season.

Pitino at St. Johns could be a nice pairing. Put Felipe Lopez on staff, add in some AAU hanger-ons. Massiello will probably need a job soon too.

Reactions: krazykats
Late to the party with two Herro thoughts.

Obviously, take the money and run if you're in good first round position, but...

How is he better than Monk? Monk has struggled (to say the least) in the NBA. Is it simply work ethic? Otherwise Monk showed more athletic ability and a better stroke, though it seemed Herro had a better mid-range game and worked harder on defense.

Or is it a case of going before they find warts and his stock falls?

Good Luck Krazy, would be fun to watch pti have to eat all kinds of crow.

Congrats on your hemlocks Anth, glad you didn't get fined for rudeness this time.

Gorgeous day, will be teeing off this afternoon. Got a little burnt yesterday driving around with the top down.

Red Not Chili Peppers tonight at Manchester...why not. My one gripe with Lexington is our weak music scene. DO BETTER.

Reactions: jayroon
With a big enough budget, and a proper score, an elite ad agency can make you cry about Hitler losing the war.

You wouldn’t know it because he’s white, but Herro played with more athleticism than Monk, and has a more well rounded game.

Monk — gym rat, spot up shooter, plus with a lot of grit, coach’s son, etc.

Derek Anderson came back in the game he was injured and played briefly.

Then two days later, shocked and devastated.

Yes. Monk was nearly strictly catch & shoot, and has zero game after 1 dribble...which is why he's still not doing squat in the NBA. Just another in a long line of great athletes who didn't showcase that part of their game here.

Not saying Monk wasn't better, btw, but Herro clearly has the more well rounded game and offensive arsenal.

-Minny had a few dope squads there. Bobby Jackson/Quincy Lewis/Sam Jacobson was helluva trio. Plus, you had the KY boy Charles Thomas representing.

Also, worshipped Voshon Lenard.

Herro has something that Monk didn't have...HEIGHT. Kid is 6'5", and looks like he might squeeze another inch or so in the next few years. That extra 2-3 inches makes a HUGE difference in your ability to get your shot off at the next level.

Booker - 6'6"
Murray - 6'4" and strong
Monk - 6'3" with a slight build

A 6 minute clip of him draining 3s, which he was incredible at (and a few cool breakaway dunks). Thanks.

Monk is one dimensional, which is why he sits behind Jeremy Lamb & Dwayne Bacon in Charlotte averaging 15mpg.

Love him or hate him, Pitino is responsible for the greatest 5 year run in modern UK basketball history.

1993: 1 seed, won SECT, Mash, Final Four, 101-40.

1994: Bleh, but still had the 31 point comeback and won the SECT by beating two Final Four teams in 24 hours.

1995: 1 seed, won SECT, Arkansas comeback, finished #2 in the country.

1996: Greatest team in college basketball history.

1997: 1 seed, won SECT, 35 wins, a missed free throw from going back-to-back.

And that doesn't even touch on how fun those teams were to watch.

I mean, I've done my fair share of mocking the guy (and rightfully so because he's a horrible human being who is basically a parody of himself at this point), but there is zero chance we see another 5 year run like that in our lifetimes. None.

What's Nick Richards' ceiling here? The guy is a 6'11 pogo stick, has soft touch and a decent stroke, and yet he sucks wrinkled old balls. At what point, if ever, will it click with that guy? This is not a rhetorical question. I've basically abandoned the idea of him being worth a shit here, but that seems crazy when you just review his physical gifts.

I mean, I've done my fair share of mocking the guy (and rightfully so because he's a horrible human being who is basically a parody of himself at this point), but there is zero chance we see another 5 year run like that in our lifetimes. None.

2011 - Final 4
2012 - National Champion
2013 - NIT
2014 - National Runner Up
2015 - Final 4, almost undefeated season

I mean that's basically the same thing or better. And I worship the Pitino era.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT