ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'm at the point where I believe he's the GOAT - I don't care what his Finals record is.
I grew up as a huge Jordan honk but I can’t in my mind believe that Jordan is still better at this point. I mean, his 87 Bulls got swept in the first round with a way more talented team than this horrendous Cavs team that’s in the Finals.

Reminds me of that time I took Chad for a Porsche ride...poor little guy was white knuckling the dashboard.

Nothing like the thrill of raw power.

Once we got to Meijer a minute away from your subdivision and you parked your car on the sidewalk (ON the sidewalk, not near, not halfway, ON the sidewalk) five feet from the door like some nouveau riche F-face, I was fine. But yeah, being on alert for dogs and children running out into the residential street while we were hitting 95 did have me a bit on edge.

Last edited:
Jordan is the GOAT if you’re a cranky old man who was on the other side of the argument when it was Oscar Robertson honks saying he was the GOAT vs. Jordan.

Enjoy your Werther’s and being on the wrong side of history.

Reactions: jayroon
I grew up as a huge Jordan honk but I can’t in my mind believe that Jordan is still better at this point. I mean, his 87 Bulls got swept in the first round with a way more talented team than this horrendous Cavs team that’s in the Finals.
The second best player on that team was Chuck Oakley, followed by John Paxson. They were sub-.500 and got swept by the number 1 seed, and eventual champ Celtics. Please learn basketball

LeBron is GOAT.

Jordan lovers will point to 6 rings, but to that I say, Bill Russell has 11 rings.

To which Jordan loves will say, "yeah, but look to Russell's supporting cast."

To which I would say, "oh, we're comparing supporting casts now?"

Look at what Jordan had, and compare that to LeBron in Cleveland.

Add longevity, and LeBron is a lock.

Got swept by who?

Lebron holds up against any era but what he is able to do in this era is ridiculous. It would be must see him going up against the bad boy pistons, the good knicks teams, Dennis Rodman, etc. lebron was built for 90s ball

The GOAT argument is a crazy one to be sure. You see that footage of Cousy and his wizard dribbling with one hand from 50-60 years ago and it's easy to tell that basketball is nothing like that. At this point, it's almost as easy to make the argument that today's NBA is just as different when compared to the Jordan era. Hand-check and defense rule differences, reliance on the 3 nowadays to a ridiculous level, etc.

I guess it's something for sports talk to fill the time with, but they didn't play the same game.

-Choose who your favorite basketball player is/was. Enjoy watching him play. Leave.

-Grilled some burgers, dogs, and Purnell's brats last night for the neighborhood kids/parents. Benevolent asshole atkot.

-Lass headed to LA for the weekend! Last minute trip to visit a bestie. It's whatever.

-Lass ALSO started doing her Pure Barre in our living room via the internets. Nice lil viewing. :) Circle of Life, I guess.

-Could use a good quip or two from Stoops to tide me over for a bit. Last night's cool, overcast skies had me thinking :football:.

-Worship Kenny.

-Not my favorite band or anything and I don't even recall enjoying, but Goo Goo Dolls take me directly back to my high school years. Crushes me tbh. Lost youth sort of thing.

-I much prefer Jordan's style btw. Dude was so unreal. Basically taught an entire generation of young athletes how to be a psychotic competitor in whatever they did.

-My khaki shorts always fit better on June 1 than they did May 1.

Jordan vs Lebron is like comparing a guitar savant to Jimi Hendrix. Lebron is a technically better basketball player than Jordan was. Jordan, however, absolutely had undefinable qualities that Lebron does not. I guess it depends on how you much weight you put on those things as to who you think is better

Reactions: wcc31
Lebron titles when he turned 33: 3
Jordan titles when he turned 33: 3

Of course Jordan won titles for the next 3 years.

Tell ya who I hate more and more all the time ----> Kevin Durant.

Dude has some selfish bones in his body. The closing minutes the Warriors were awful, mostly b/c he was going ISO every trip down taking 25 foot fadeaways, as he typically does in those situations. I could see LeBron not trusting his teammates, but KD is flanked by 2 of the best shooters of all time.

In OT, the ball stayed out of his hands & the Warriors were whipping it around like they used to and scored basically every time down the floor.

I mean, he's obviously great - but his late game tendencies (on this team) really get on my nerves.

-On the flip side, I worship Klay Thompson.

-Felt a little robbed last night. Absolute classic Game 1, and a masterpiece by LeBron...only to be spoiled by the refs/Hill/JR. What a bunch of bums he's rolling with.

Night game in the swamp against a Dan Mullen-led Florida team should be great!
Feels like this is the year we get them. Gonna take Mullen a few years to get “his” guys in, meanwhile Stoops has some cagey vets. I think UF will be finding their footing and overlooking a feisty UK squad early in the season. Book it, is what I’m saying.

I think the only way you can distinguish Jordan and Lebron is their effect off the court. On the court, they are the two best ever.

Off the court with Jordan you got a sociopathic competitor who probably was smart but not some Elon Musk level genius.

With Lebron off the court, you get someone who is legitimately bright with a touch of autism who expects everyone to be able to maintain his level of focus and intensity.

Jordan would have buried JR Smith in a vat of acid before midnight. Lebron is just going to continue his quasi-GM authority that won't really do much.

Lebron really needed a Gus D'Amato, Phil Jackson, Coach Pop, etc to provide the organizational stability to let him flourish and be the best player ever. It is to his credit as a person that he's been so loyal to Cleveland. But is has hurt his legacy.

He's the GOAT in my eyes as a player but he's gotten in his own way of accomplishing everything he's capable of.

Watching Jordan play was much more aesthetically pleasing to the eye because of his grace and finesse. There was a major artistic flair to his game.

I think LeBron actually may be a better overall player but because it comes across that he’s using such raw power & size it doesn’t come across as well. His vision and passing is severely underrated.

I still prefer Jordan over LeBron slightly but there is no way Jordan drags this ragtag group to the finals.

- There seems to be some tension between Curry and Durant lately. Two guys that want to be the man but only one can. I'm picking Curry to take the last shot.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
I think the only way you can distinguish Jordan and Lebron is their effect off the court. On the court, they are the two best ever.

Off the court with Jordan you got a sociopathic competitor who probably was smart but not some Elon Musk level genius.

With Lebron off the court, you get someone who is legitimately bright with a touch of autism who expects everyone to be able to maintain his level of focus and intensity.

Jordan would have buried JR Smith in a vat of acid before midnight. Lebron is just going to continue his quasi-GM authority that won't really do much.

Lebron really needed a Gus D'Amato, Phil Jackson, Coach Pop, etc to provide the organizational stability to let him flourish and be the best player ever. It is to his credit as a person that he's been so loyal to Cleveland. But is has hurt his legacy.

He's the GOAT in my eyes as a player but he's gotten in his own way of accomplishing everything he's capable of.

Well they both suck at putting together basketball teams. Jordan's performance speaks for itself as Washington and now Charlotte have sucked under his management/ownership. Lebron tried to play GM for the Cavs and just look at his supporting cast.

Jerry Krause saved the Bulls from a lot of dumbass Jordan wanna-be GM stuff.
One of my favorite stories from Jordan Rules was MJ lobbying the Bulls to sign Walter Davis late in that first championship season because all things being equal, Jordan trusted UNC guys more by default. Only the Bulls didn't sign Davis because he had a very well known coke problem at the time.

Why don’t yal go google MJ it seems you forgot what he used to do to people.

Side by side stats comparison

Lebron is a top five player of all time on anyones list with any knowledge of the game there is no questioning that. But let’s not forget the past and some of the players MJ kept from winning championships.

Last edited:
I still prefer Jordan over LeBron slightly but there is no way Jordan drags this ragtag group to the finals.

- There seems to be some tension between Curry and Durant lately. Two guys that want to be the man but only one can. I'm picking Curry to take the last shot.
This isn’t 2008 Cleveland. They have decent players. Look yo their stars before they had to share the court with the king. It’s hard playing with someone who has to have the ball on their hand like he does. That’s why Kyrie left and that’s why unless the other star is his BFF(Dwade) it’s gonna be a power struggle

Welp, at today’s company-wife quarterly meeting, one slide included a photograph of a marketing brochure laying open on a desk and I’ll be damned if it didn’t display the old UK logo.

Naturally, I felt compelled to immediately send a follow-up email the market director and the marketing department as a whole to correct that one. Talk about lending out your institutional knowledge, man.

Like a hawk.

Reactions: Century Cat

You don't think Jordan could take one of the best PF's ever to play the game and 2 of the best all time 3P shooters and beat the Pacers/ Raps/Celts? Really?

Reactions: ThroughBlue
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT