ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
:mad::rolleyes:

As many as eight SEC schools fall in the undecided portion of the debate, and as many as three others have school presidents against it. Kentucky and Georgia are the strongest advocates to keep the policy as is.

You don't think Jordan could take one of the best PF's ever to play the game and 2 of the best all time 3P shooters and beat the Pacers/ Raps/Celts? Really?
Love is a good player but are you really saying he is one of the best PF's ever?

I will admit the East is pretty damn weak and I could be overreacting a bit to LeBron's performance last night.

Never believed Jordan was great because he was an a-hole bully. Always thought he was great and an a-hole bully. We explained away him being terrible to everyone around him because of his greatness... but correlation vs causation atkot.

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
* Some random thoughts about the Jordan-Lebron debate....

- Jordan has 6 titles, but he really should have 8. I'm no fan of projecting like that, but there's about a 99% chance he picks up those two in the middle of his "repeat the three-peat" if he doesn't retire to play baseball.
- Lebron can elevate a bad team more than anyone else in NBA history, but he's got an weird history of playing alongside other great players. Kyrie, Bosh, Love, Wade -- all better individually than without him.
- Jordan and Lebron both were desperate to be their own GMs. It's probably more of a sign of the times than anything, but Jordan got checked by his front office, whereas Lebron has constantly been enabled.

* Still take Jordan, mostly based on his 8-year run really being unprecedented in modern sports.

* Some random thoughts about the Jordan-Lebron debate....

- Jordan has 6 titles, but he really should have 8. I'm no fan of projecting like that, but there's about a 99% chance he picks up those two in the middle of his "repeat the three-peat" if he doesn't retire to play baseball.
- Lebron can elevate a bad team more than anyone else in NBA history, but he's got an weird history of playing alongside other great players. Kyrie, Bosh, Love, Wade -- all better individually than without him.
- Jordan and Lebron both were desperate to be their own GMs. It's probably more of a sign of the times than anything, but Jordan got checked by his front office, whereas Lebron has constantly been enabled.

* Still take Jordan, mostly based on his 8-year run really being unprecedented in modern sports.
Your a idiot

#Returnburn

Reactions: krazykats
You don't think Jordan could take one of the best PF's ever to play the game and 2 of the best all time 3P shooters and beat the Pacers/ Raps/Celts? Really?

Kevin Love is one of the best PF to ever play the game? Interesting take.

Korver is a great shooter who's career is nearly over. Who is the other all time great 3P Shooter? JR Smith? [laughing]

I don't think anyone other than LeBron would have gotten this terrible Cavs team to the finals, no.

-I actually agree with PTI(pti)'s entire post until the last sentence.

MilqueToast. Ha. No shocker he was against it.
Mitch-Barnhart-by-Drew-AngererGetty-Images_oekck7.jpg

Will to win, that is what sets MJ apart from everyone else. His will to win was stronger than anyone else, maybe with the exception of Bird. Put that with his unparalleled work ethic and immense talent and you have the greatest of all time. LeBron is creating an argument which is incredible in and of itself.

Reactions: roguemocha
Well they both suck at putting together basketball teams. Jordan's performance speaks for itself as Washington and now Charlotte have sucked under his management/ownership. Lebron tried to play GM for the Cavs and just look at his supporting cast.

Larry Bird was a shitty GM, too.

The fire that makes players great makes them believe that everyone has that same mindset. They consistently get suckered into that belief, even when they think they understand it.

Tim Duncan and Bill Russell might honestly have been better "BEST PLAYERS EVER" simply because they trusted their coaches and administration and were smart enough to make sure said coaches and administration were top notch. The results were better as correlated to their basketball talent.

Both Jordan and Lebron have to varying degrees the same obstacle -- they are unquestionably the best player the world has ever seen and they think that gives them unique insight into how to build a team around them. To a certain degree, they are right. But they still both need(ed) a top notch GM/coach.

JMO.

I'm not sure why you guys are debating this, as several posters have said, it's not even debatable anymore [eyeroll]. After all, Lebron scored 52 and almost beat the eventual world champions by himself, not like a 24 year old Jordan scored 63 against bird and the celtics and almost beat them by himself.

Lebron's performance last night was Jordan-esque, he's top 3 for sure, but it's still very much debatable as Jordan has too many amazing moments to discount. If he played for most any team other than UNC most of you would be fine calling him GOAT.

Clevelands front office should be embarrassed, talk about squandering a once in a century opportunity by surrounding Lebron with pure dog shit.

I will say Lebron has a pretty nice setup where losing twice as many finals as he wins actually is an argument in favor of his greatness. Pretty sweet gig tbh.

And being on really shitty teams early in his career has somehow created an idea in everyone's head that he always drags awful teams to the Finals. Heat teams? Garbage! Cavs with Kyrie, Kevin Love, and a respectable Tristan Thompson? My God, how does Lebron drag those moldy sacks of shit to 20 wins, let alone a Finals?!?!

Yep. Sort of like when Anth discovered that people use the public sidewalk in front of his house. Appalled.
Oh, the one you tried to sneak past my house without even a courtesy wave?

I'll have you know I keep my sidewalk pristine for my neighbors. 2nd one on the street to have all ice and snow removed every time. Recently repaired and replaced all cracks.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
The three worst NBA Finals teams of my lifetime are the 2001 Sixers, the 2007 Cavs and the 2018 Cavs, and so I have immense respect for the superstars that got those teams to that level.

I think MJ is the best, but the standard he set is not impossible. It isn't like a discussion isn't allowed to happen because MJ is too good. During those last 3 Bulls championships, that's as watered down as the modern league has ever been.

I do not.
Agreed. I love it. Neighbors love it. Yard is always neat and trimmed. They actually handle everything. Lawn, landscaping, irrigation, lawn treatments, planting, mulch. Monthly maintenance program and my place always looks great. :raised_hands:

PTI(pti) should try it as his yards are always goat pastures. No one is impressed you cut your over grown, patchy, unkept, non-landscaped yard. SAE and Geese can comment, BBdk and PTI:joy:

Last edited:
My yard is tiny so I don't want someone to mow it for me, I just want someone to come over and tell me what to do because I obviously have no clue.

2001 Sixers.

Gonna slightly disagree here. That was Pinnacle Iverson and Mutombo was a legit threat to Shaq defensively. The Sixers were clearly out-classed but that squad was far better than history gives them credit for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT