ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Headed to Disney at the end of the month. I’m trying to psyche myself up for it, but I’m pretty sure I’ll rather be in hell with my back broke. Sacrifice!

End of June? Guess what buddy you’re in luck!

The brand new Toy Story expo opens June 21, and you’ll be one of the first to see it.

Congrats

It seemed to be a pretty even split on the Pizza...chicks seemed to prefer the cheese.

Pepperoni for me.

The bbq was good, obviously not as good as my butt, but for a catered event very tasty.

Reactions: Mashburned
-Whole weekend was a blast. Rolled up early and got my gambol on with Larry and Adrian. Rolled right on over to the (hehe) "out of town guest reception" where it was obvious the crew was intent on getting after it. Left there for dinner at Prime(very solid), place had a little R&B duo playing, belted out a sing-a-long to a couple songs, then moved to the bar area to continue the festivities, over to Righteous Room where we each took turns making the Irish exit. Brunch at Americano(decent), poolside on top of the Hyatt, pregamed at Hyatt, reception, Tokyo Kitty (lots of potential), out.

-Hitlon Netherlands has a great lobby but the rooms are trash. Honestly the worst hotel room I've stayed at in years. Not surprising for a city that dumps tons of cinnamon in chili and oats in sausage.

-Still don't get the hate for a cheese pizza. Much better than one with way too many toppings.

Just ran into SGNI at the airport. GYERO errwhere as always.

Be much weirder if you didn't run into SGNI at the airport. Guy is a pathetic worker, no other way to put it.

-Chad's wedding was as enjoyable and smooth as any I can recall - just an all around great time & beautiful weekend. Have a great time in Mexico, buddy.

Now we just need to commit to getting together like that as a group a few times per year, and not wait until someone gets re-married or dies.

-I didn't eat a single slice of either, amazingly.

-Underrated weekend moment -- watching the complete 2012 Final 4 & Title games in the Groomsman suite on wedding day, while pounding a bottle of 1979 Jim Beam Chad's BIL bought for $10 off a client while servicing his AC. Shit was smoooooth.

Most of you've probably seen this, but Chad's lifelong buddy gets up 5 minutes before we're called up to enter, and spontaneously does this. [laughing] Cracked me up

Last edited:
The FiL song was :cry:. Professionally produced with background vocals and all. Stud had everyone in the entire place misty eyed.

- Definitely had BBdK choked up.

That really was a special moment. Don't know how Alex wasn't just bawling in a puddle on the ground.

- Anth, your anti-Cincy act is getting played out. You might want to hit up your gimmick coach.

- What a fantastic time. Great show, wcc.

Of course, I was watching a closed door for most of the wedding itself, but hey, that was partially my fault. Hi Marge.

The reception was an absolute blast. Good seeing everyone. Gotta admit, Anth looked hot.

Our little buddy Chad seemed downright giddy. My man did well for himself. I've never, ever seen him less grumpy.

- Speaking of doing well for themselves, holy shit PTI. You've outdone yourself.

B$, WS, Mrs. Bellydancer, Mrs. BBdK and the future Mrs. Boat were stunning as well. Way too good for their husbands.

- We all know my own Marge is way too good for me, and I was ready for a night of pure heat. Hotel room. No kids. Drunk.

The perfect recipe for her to... pass out in the uber on the way back to the hotel.

- If you like IPAs, the beer was fantastic. Truth is legit. If you were looking to suck down a couple dozen domestos and burp into your wifebeater, you should've stuck to the bourbon, wine or champagne.

- Touch Houston. Touch Golden State. Go Cavs, I guess.

- Chaperoning a bus full of 1st graders at the zoo tomorrow. Yay!

Would a flask be frowned upon by other parents or understood?

The best man speech was funny. Basically a story about a drunk grumpy Chad throwing a tantrum for late night McDonalds.

Another funny moment was watching Sloot polish Anth’s ferragamo’s at Tokyo Kitty after spilling a drink on them.

- Anth, your anti-Cincy act is getting played out. You might want to hit up your gimmick coach.

Gotta admit, Anth looked hot.

It's not an act. It's a genuinely shitty city. Homeless people everywhere, terrible food, marginal beer, awful sports and those hotel rooms were terrible. I'm not being facetious at all, those are facts. I love all of you but you unfortunately were born near a shitty town.

Thanks, man.

I honestly have no idea who all is back/reclassified/drafted/LOI/verbals/etc. for 18-19' but I like knowing these two will be in Kentucky blue next season, nice article from tucker.

“That was really my first time speaking to him and meeting him, and we just had that good vibe — and I saw what he was about on the court,” Montgomery said. “I’ve been knowing Immanuel, and he’s like that too: He picks up 94 feet [defensively]. So I just feel like I can win with those guys.”

https://www.seccountry.com/kentucky...ng-ej-montgomery-duke-what-happened-mcdonalds

It's not an act. It's a genuinely shitty city. Homeless people everywhere, terrible food, marginal beer, awful sports and those hotel rooms were terrible. I'm not being facetious at all, those are facts. I love all of you but you unfortunately were born near a shitty town.

Thanks, man.

Yep.

Did the 'Taste of Cincinnati' thing downtown before the wedding festivities and I can confirm.The amount of Willys with their bro tanks and cargo shorts were out of control. I mean, it was too much. Just tried to keep my head down and make my way to the West 6th tent. Grabbed several cervezas and made it work. The Monastery, though. That place was dope AF. Mt. Adams is a cool little area but the way the locals carry themselves over it is a little much. It's not San Francisco, guy.

Speaking of weddings, I'm sure I don't have to sell you on how stressful it is having your 4 YO daughter in a wedding. Especially when mommy is also in it and not answering any of your texts. Had to be on standby support mode all weekend so I couldn't get away and let loose until after the kids were secured. 5 hours to get everyone's hair and makeup done up? OHHHH OK.

But I'm happy for chad, I think. So congrats on the successful wedding festivities. All the feedback I've received seems legit to what I've read on here. So many times y'all blow smoke up someone's ass on GYERO when it comes to a high profile party or event but it seemed to live up to hype. Wow.

Absolut & Tonic, FTW. Effing refreshing. I have so been caught up in the bourbon craze I forgot how good they were. Shame.

Last edited:
Reactions: Century Cat
* Some wedding highlights.....

- there wasn't anything "tacky" or begrudgingly cliché about it. no bouquet toss, no electric slide, no send off with bird seed, etc.
- opening song of the reception = feathered indian (tyler childers)
- wcc's dad OWNED the dance floor.
- co-wedding officiants was clutch.
- Alistair's jam could just as easily have been a Paul McCartney #1 hit. well done, sir.
- one Afro-American attendee in the whole party, and his gal's ass was absolutely pristine. huh. typical.

* Took in Taste for a couple hours Sunday. Had some fattie foods, brewskies, and listened to some tunes. Crowd wasn't any better or worse than expected for a hot, free, mid-summer outdoor festival.

* Homage was a big hit with the lassie. She picked up a couple of tanks, and myself a wire-to-wire and a Ric Flair t.

* Scooter Gennett -- is he the best player in baseball?? I mean, jesus. He's hitting like .340 with 9 home runs a fourth of the way thru the season.

* 9 pages in, has that thread on reasonable ways to prevent school gun crimes offered up any solid resolutions yet?? That much material, I can't imagine how productive they're being over there.

* Tokyo Kitty was weird AF. Super badass setup, but the first 7-8 songs were garbage. Who TF karaokes some grungy, death metal nonsense? Stick to the basics, millennials. Our crew took the stage with Purple Rain and End of the Road, and the attitude in that joint turned on a dime.

For the past month, at least once per day and sometimes twice, KSR essentially has recycled the same analysis on PJ / WG / JV's draft decisions.

From 12 to 24 paragraphs that all boil down to "Nobody knows for sure until May 30."

But, great job, great effort!

They uploaded one to Facebook about 10 minutes after you posted this

*Congrats to Chad. The pictures looked pretty awesome and the # is a great idea to get live shots of the evening. Wow....our Chad is finally a grown up.

*Picked up mom's ashes last Tuesday. That's a pretty weird event. She's in a traveling urn, so basically, I pick up the tube and they put it in a bag which is like a transaction at Meijer or Kroger. Not having a clue where she should rest until vacation, I ended up taking her back to her house and sitting her on her recliner.....her favorite spot. Damn..Still doesn't seem real.

I hope nobody I know has to make the gut wrenching decision to end care. No matter how many times the Dr. said that's she's not waking up, you always hope for a miracle. Luckily, Mom told me her wishes about long term dependence on a ventilator.

*Spent Saturday at Green River on my buddies house boat. Nothing like sunshine, multiple coolers of cold beer, and steaks on the grill while sitting on the water. It was a much needed day away from everything.

*Am I correct to assume the new KFB building on Valley Station road is where my agent now resides? May need a quote soon on my Mom's home.

Last edited:
-Nice of Donte D. to stay in the draft, making Nova less of a title threat AND bumping PJ back a spot.

-Heron leaving Auburn when everyone else from that squad is coming back means only one thing....kid wants to GET HIS. Was always a weird fit for him down there. He seemed like the prototypical NE player. Seems like UConn and SJU are the favorites.

-Anyone who has been looking at those "way-too-early Top 25 polls" before the draft pullout deadline is a dumb. But it has been really strange seeing Tennessee mentioned in the top eight or so. Appropriate....they'll be loaded. But still weird. Rick Barnes never forgot how to coach, he just stayed a bit too long in Austin.

-Mizzou fans are about to get the rude reminder that they hired Cuonzo Martin.On the flip side, the nation is about to hear from Will Wade. Love that guy's tenacity, and he's already showing that he can attract talent(or maybe pay it).

-Really looking forward to the NBA Finals being stretched out over four weeks or so.

Reactions: _Chase_
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT