ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cumberland was magnificent today. Water was actually pretty warm for this time of year. Got the spring clean knocked out. Now time for the live music and better Pizza than Louisville or Cincy have to offer.

It was definitely more fun than Rogue One or Last Jedi. Donald Glover nailed Lando.

RE: today’s minor league soccer results-

I don’t like it. I don’t agree with it. But I accept it.

I opted-in to follow all of the politicians who represent me on Facebook. It was one click and boy did I feel like I was really doing my civic duty as passively as possible.

But now, I’m bombarded by ads from everyone running for my vote. And you guys aren’t going to believe this, but one of them is a total f—-ing idiot, and I can’t help but soberly correct his posts of dubious fatherly.com infographics. I end every one with a Mark Cuban facepalm gif and a sing-off of “And for that reason, I’M OUT.”

But these are futile efforts, as reading the comments of my fellow man only makes it worse. I’ve spend my whole life trying to avoid the Speedway and then I simply let them in to my FB feed.

Woe is us, America.
Update. I’ve made 4 follow-up posts today and am ripping this guy to shreds. Thanks for the reps, GYERO!

Prime Now is changing everything. Yesterday, I placed an order for a week’s worth of groceries at 11:00 a.m. They were delivered to my door 1.5 hours later by a pleasant man driving a clean car.

There were no mistakes in the order, and everything was nicely packaged - like items in the same bag, bags properly loaded, all bags sealed and labeled (heavy duty paper bags). None of the dairy items were two days from their expiration date (hi Click List).

Also, Amazon has significantly reduced Whole Foods’ prices. Many of their core grocery items are now competitively priced with Kroger.

This will be the end of Click List and their legion of zombie “pickers” who exhibit zero care or personal touch for my grocery order. Good riddance.
Did you order and take delivery in your slacks? I would expect nothing less.

Hitting up Deadpool tonight myself, take in the NBA action after.

Took down the Bahama shutters that were leftover from the storm. Got sick of them angi against the house. Doing that up 25 feet in 25mph was not fun and why I’ll be doing as I please for the rest of the evening.

Reactions: ace on the river
Woke up to a beautiful morning on the lake. Sipping some java, taking in the fresh air. Neighbors were talking about what cove to hit up today. Their heads exploded when I told them I was packing up and heading to a wedding in Cincinnati. The Ohio Navy couldn’t fathom how one of their own would plan such a thing...

LeBron. James.

IJL0PWXQ7Kouu0Xpsry8_g7.gif

I had faith it was gonna be awesome, and ol’ WCC didn’t disappoint. It’s not just anybody that I’d give up a Lake weekend for, cheers brah. To a life of happiness and cats.

Agree with Anth, Chad’s dad ruled the dance floor. Not even a debate.

Maybe the biggest surprise for me wasn’t the double digit groomsmen, the incorporation of Kentucky basketball into the wedding vows...but seeing Ursh in a monogrammed dress shirt. Ps. Nice new piece buddy, she’s :fire:

Post wedding karaoke bar was fun.

Skyline chili this morning helping the cause.

Also, Rhinegeist is an awesome space and the setup is great. The room for the wedding was perfect.

But...

The beer is marginal at best. Universally agreed on yesterday. Not surprising considering the Ohio River has seemingly burnt the taste buds off the locals of that shit hole city.

Had a non-GYERO buddy text me a picture from the wedding randomly, which was pretty funny. It was Chad and another fella posing together. Glad everyone had fun and the party was great. Congrats wcc!

Reactions: wcc31
Congrats to WCC. May you have many years of marital bliss.

(Secretly looks forward to future posts of Chad complaining about married life...)

Shorts:

- Thanks to all the well-wishers. Really appreciate it.

- Off to Mexico for 10 days in dos horas.

- Completely exhausted.

- Weekend was awesome and I’m on the business end of 4 of 5 days of heavy drankin.

- My dad decided to use the rehearsal dinner speech to tell stories of me shitting myself when I was a little kid.

- Man of Honor sang a song at the wedding.

- Father-in-law wrote, sang and had professional producers drop a song for my wife during his reception speech, showing up everyone.

- Hope everyone had fun and liked the food. Seemed like y’all were. I know Wodie did. And Sloot was in vintage form.

- Agree on Rhinegeist. Most around here love it. I just think their beer is okay.

- Anyway- have a good week-and-a-half.

PLOT TWIST: The pit bull-boxer mix that I had picked up by Animal Control on Derby Day is back at my house. Was stretching for my morning run and he comes running across the yard, bounding up to me like one of those reuniting videos. I shityounot. Obviously he’s chipped and somebody around the neighborhood “owns” him. Krazy may have pedophiles littered across his neighborhood, but I guess I have pit-bull owners in mine.

- Year 19 in public education is a wrap. It’s an honest living.

- Wasn’t invited to the wedding, but I had a taste of the finer things on Saturday. I did a low country shrimp boil that turned out great. Leftovers for days.

- Headed to Disney at the end of the month. I’m trying to psyche myself up for it, but I’m pretty sure I’ll rather be in hell with my back broke. Sacrifice!

- Also, we’re now the owners of a new 2018 Camry so we’re doing just fine thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT