ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love it when Anth asks for recs for the everyday kind of man product, because his shoes should cost more than the tv.

Just go to Best Buy and look around rube.

Since you do like sports, the higher the refresh the better. At least 120 HZ, or enjoy image lag.

A refresh rate of 120Hz or higher on an LCD set doesn't necessarily prevent image lag. Image lag in LCD sets is a result of the slow decay of light from the LCD pixels, not from the electronic processing of the signal before it gets sent to the panel. In other words, the bottleneck is the panel, not the processor.

You can have a refresh rate of 120Hz or 240Hz but still have lag because of the LCD panel. No amount of pre-processing is going to fix that.

When the manufacturers tout their higher refresh rates, they're misleading the customer into thinking they've solved the lag problem, when in reality they haven't.

Reactions: Rex Kwon Do
-joe, the point is that an average joe is better served by buying quality long lasting items. Pretty simple.

This is completely F’ing ridiculous.

The idea that a pair of $3-500 Allen Edmonds lasts enough longer than, say, a $1-200 pair of Cole Haans is horsepoo.

You like super expensive designer shoes. It’s ok dude, just admit it. You don’t buy high fashion for the gd durability. That’s absurd.

-joe, the point is that an average joe is better served by buying quality long lasting items. Pretty simple.
The point is that the threshold of functional quality provided by modern manufacturers is just above Deer Stags not just below Ferragamo.

Everything is else just conspicuous consumption to reflect status in both the leisure time available to research “gear” and the expendable income for its purchase. Congratulations, you have essentially the same core interests and aims as a newly middle class Chinese women.

Reactions: fatguy87
With Russia flexing it's muscle and an economy going up and down like an elevator, I worry about my money. Such uncertainty in the future makes investing in the stock market seem like a game of craps. That's why I invest in designer leather shoes. They're durable, snazzy, and there will always be a need for shoes. Be smart. Protect your finances. Invest in designer shoes.

Reactions: Mashburned
-the usa made ae's will last a *lot* longer than the india/china Cole haan"s(they used to be us made and recraftable)the construction/welting is objectively superior...plus the ae's can be resoled/refurbed for 100 bucks, the Cole haans cannot. I've owned both. Nothing wrong with CH...ae is just better.

-ae's aren't "super" expensive nor are they "designer".

The point is that the threshold of functional quality provided by modern manufacturers is just above Deer Stags not just below Ferragamo.

Everything is else just conspicuous consumption to reflect status in both the leisure time available to research “gear” and the expendable income for its purchase. Congratulations, you have essentially the same core interests and aims as a newly middle class Chinese women.

-i think the dude that posted a thread asking for opinions about his acquisition of a $230 vinyl backpack is projecting a bit.

-in my case I assure you I have zero interest in status/opinions of others. I just like nice things.

-bench made/hand made items will *always* carry more intrinsic value than assembly line/machine made products. That is categorically true.

-while I agree that precision manufacturing has improved immensely...the fact that Betty in Port Washington, Wisconsin or Simon in Raleigh, NC were paid a solid wage to produce the shoes on my feet/jeans on my ass means something. But that's just me.

The scope of Newport Historic District Guidelines’ has extended to the interiors of buildings now? Big if true.
Could be on National Registry of Historic Places, with designated interiors... but doubtful.

If so, encapsulate historic fabric without removal. Prove to local bumpkins original existing conditions and proposed.

Good luck.

Reactions: ThroughBlue
-while I agree that precision manufacturing has improved immensely...the fact that Betty in Port Washington, Wisconsin or Simon in Raleigh, NC were paid a solid wage to produce the shoes on my feet/jeans on my ass means something. But that's just me.
I can’t imagine what it must feel like to know that of the hundreds of thousands of globally manufactured products you interact with on a daily basis, a dozen American hispters were paid a living wage to produce a few of them while the rest were produced from wages that our society would marginally equate to slaves’ wages. You must feel like your shit must really not stink. Oh what a feeling.

Last edited:
What’s 479-119?

Told you I’d come verify for you. Dude hit the biggest drive I’ve ever seen in my life. It was at least 340-350 yards.

Swung as hard as he could and caught it perfect. Wish I’d tracked it with my gps to get a precise distance. 13th hole, I think, at the Bull.

We played like crap the rest of the but that was damned impressive.

Told you I’d come verify for you. Dude hit the biggest drive I’ve ever seen in my life. It was at least 340-350 yards.

Swung as hard as he could and caught it perfect. Wish I’d tracked it with my gps to get a precise distance. 13th hole, I think, at the Bull.

We played like crap the rest of the but that was damned impressive.

What size blazer you wear?

And just when UK was set to have two senior OLBers who would play in the NFL next year... *POOF* gone like Keyzer Soze.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT