ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't imagine how tough it must be to be an actual fan of a mid-major college basketball team. If your coach is too good, he's gone after 2-3 years to a bigger program. But that's always been the case. Now, if your star player is too good, he graduates early and is gone after 3 years to a bigger program.

Gotta walk that fine line between finding diamonds in the rough who turn into really good players, but not SO good that they're poached by a Power Five program after their accelerated graduation.

I don't fault the kids for doing it, but the insane number of these kids is a side effect of the grad transfer rule that I don't think anyone saw coming.

Of course you can. You just described UK Football, to a tee...

- Got the award on the colonial gardens today and I am excited to be apart of the project. That place as a child was always cool to me especially late nights walking home from iroquois Park with my old man.

- Medical technology is unreal to me. My diabetic son now has a contraption that updates his B/S level every 5 minutes to my phone. I set up 2 different alerts for too high or too low and my phone alarms me for emergency action.

In 2 weeks we get a pump that allows us to give his insulin from our phones or his iPad.

- Sat my wife down with an architect to design the house she wants, and then had it priced out. The price was high enough that miss thang has finally been humbled. At least 1 more house for at least a few years before her dream is realized.

- LeBron may not be better than Jordan, but he sure as hell as Toronto shook like Jordan used to have teams defeated before the tip.

- What Brad Stevens is doing with Boston, without their best 2 players, catapults him to one of the best 2-3 coaches in the league.

Reactions: Mossip
If anyone is bored tomorrow and will be around the 72, hit me up and ride over. Having a little derby party. Gambol (stable is open), booze, food.

Good effort on the randoms, but doesn't the use of "catapult" imply that Brad Stevens wasn't already one of the best 2-3 coaches in the NBA? I'm not an NBAball, but I thought that was already a consensus.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Yea, Brad Stevens is great, but to put things in perspective....he's beating the damn sixers with Al Horford, two #3 picks, and a 6th pick still on his squad.

So krazykats threw his wife in the hot seat with an architect, just to show that bitch who's boss. Well played. Now she'll know better when she starts asking about a nicer house.

When she brings up an exotic vacation, line her up one of those all day hard sell timeshare seminars. Set her f'ing straight, bud. hashtagwinning.

Medical technology is amazing and it is awesome that you can get an alert for your sons blood sugar to your phone ....BUT ....if you can access and can control his insulin through your phone wouldn’t you be at least a little concerned about who else could access that if they really wanted?

Coming from you that’s a compliment right?

I thought Stevens was considered one of the better coaches but I’d say he has to be right behind Pop now. Without rings and years of experience it’s just a quick accomplishment.

Personally I’m weirded out about the technology we are getting. But it’s still cool AF to see it all and how easy something like diabetes as become to manage.

Our main issue is the school nurses. They refuse to treat before he eats lunch or snacks so his numbers hit 4-500 everyday because of liability issues of bottoming a child out. Also they refuse to use his numbers from the dexacon and still make him stick for test numbers.

Brad Stevens is a great coach.

Building is expensive.

360 downhill with the wind with a friendly forward kick. Did you birdie the hole at least?

I'll tell you what's so Kentucky Football --> it's not Denzil Ware transferring for his final season of eligibility, it's Kentucky Football being devastated over such a thing.

Welcome to the big league. Unfortunately.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Building is expensive.

Which is what I was trying to show her. She wanted all bedrooms with walk in closets, a powder room, her own bathroom(this one is fair as we have 4 males besides her), an inground pool, a sunroom, vaulted ceilings etc etc

Since her dad does custom cabinets I guess those were going to be free, lol, but I guess her dad really hates me because what she wants was 32K.

So yes to see some humble look in my wife was slightly gratifying.

You think medical technology is amazing? Well, I just installed a bidet today and the butthole cleaning tech is really up there. My whistle couldn’t be cleaner.

You really belong in key west.

* Accepted a bid for $32k to finish the basement. They are starting in June. Excited.

Turned out to be just under 2,000 sq ft.

Marge is trying to veto me from ordering a UK tiffany billiards light to go above the 3-in-1 game table (pool/air hockey ping pong).

She claims it is "tacky 80's trash." Bullshit. I am drawing a line in the chalk.

I am letting her handle the furniture in the family room area. The bar and game room are mine. She actually tried to tell me a wet bar wasn't necessary. The plumbing is right there. It is going in.

* Years ago, I bought a couple of blue seats from Rupp Arena that some Cat's Pause poster grabbed out of the trash and was selling on here. They are going in my basement somewhere.

* 3 houses in my cul de sac are currently for sale. Insane. Hopefully someone with kids my same age as mine move in to the one with a pool. (or hot college girls)

* Took a few laps at KY Speedway in a Tundra yesterday. Just a passenger, but still pretty cool. We went a lot faster than last year.

* Ware wasn't a superstar, but he is the type of player whose loss really hurts a team like us. Cursed.

* Marge is running the Toyota 10k tomorrow at 8, then coaching soccer at 10 (40 minutes away from the finish line). We'll see.

* Coach Cal, which guards do we want? "All of them."

* Friday Five:

Let's Go Crazy - Prince and the Revolution
Unskinny Bop - Poison
Black Mud - The Black Keys
De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da - The Police
Ain't Talkin' Bout Love - Van Halen

* Out. Enjoy your weekend, kids.

Realtors; what's the standard protocol for approaching someone to buy a house if it's not on the market? Contact an agent and have them send a letter to the owner?

FWIW the house is part of a larger parcel of land that I don't want/couldn't afford (I'd be asking to purchase the house and about an acre in front of the house that connects to the road), but the house itself is abandoned and obviously not the owner's residence.

Realtors; what's the standard protocol for approaching someone to buy a house if it's not on the market? Contact an agent and have them send a letter to the owner?

FWIW the house is part of a larger parcel of land that I don't want/couldn't afford (I'd be asking to purchase the house and about an acre in front of the house that connects to the road), but the house itself is abandoned and obviously not the owner's residence.
If it's on a farm in Murray you are in luck.......

Why would you need an architect to work that up?

I’ve been tinkering with some home addition ideas of my own and now have a full catalog of Virtual Reality Panoramas of my feasibility studies.

The ease of the tech is pretty absurdly amazing. It’s like four extra clicks from my normal workflow to render and upload the views.

My wife was really berating me about how stupid and lazy I was for just sitting on the couch and working on the addition for a couple weekends, but once she put on the goggles she was blown away and asked me to model every room so we could show her parents.

VR: get into it.

I've learned that women love to be taught how to do things like they're children. Really gets them going. I bet it's a veritable Amazon rainforest down below. A few kisses on the mouth that aren't forthcoming probably aren't even necessary.

Whenever krazykats inevitably gets divorced, I'm looking forward to his wife's lawyer scrubbing through his CatsPaw posts in preparation for discovery requests / a deposition.

See this was good the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th time it was posted by funnier posters. But congrats on trying to use past post to improve yours, it isn’t a bad style for you.

Why would you need an architect to work that up?

You asking me?

Y1UMtAP.png

Worth a browse.

Yes. Don’t you know dozens of custom home builders?

I do but I also know a lot of subs and priced it out myself to avoid the 10-15% builder markup.

I work with the architect a lot when designs need to be changed for builder per inspectors or changes after the fact to make homeowners happy. So he did me this favor as he to is building soon and I’ll make sure I’m the bottom bidder on his materials.

It’s a simple matter of I’m not that rich yet, but I now know what I’m shooting for in the next 10 years, but it’s always fun to open up and let GYERO jab and upper cut away on slow ass day!

Reactions: buckethead1978
While I wouldn’t go full Krazy, I KIND of understand. My wife has no idea how much things cost, so projects around our house are always delayed by a month or two because she “knows there HAS to be someone who can do it cheaper.”

Example, the two 60 foot trees in our backyard that could have been out two months ago except she just knew she would be able to find someone to do the job for $500.

I do but I also know a lot of subs and priced it out myself to avoid the 10-15% builder markup.

I work with the architect a lot when designs need to be changed for builder per inspectors or changes after the fact to make homeowners happy. So he did me this favor as he to is building soon and I’ll make sure I’m the bottom bidder on his materials.

It’s a simple matter of I’m not that rich yet, but I now know what I’m shooting for in the next 10 years, but it’s always fun to open up and let GYERO jab and upper cut away on slow ass day!
You priced out an entire project to subs, that you knew your couldn’t afford, just for kicks, in order to prove a point to your wife?

Did your wife demand this level of backup for the estimates? Why didn’t you just take the price of one of the thousands of built homes you supply each year and knock 10%-15% off to arrive at a good number. Who is this architect that is modifying custom home plans for a lumber yard enough that he designed an entire house as dictated by your wife in one sit down meeting - as a favor?

Does she refuse to look at Zillow for moral reasons?

Bottom line: these are all storylines and characters I cannot get enough of.

Please film the pilot and get this show to HGTV by the end of the month. TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT