ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love it when Anth asks for recs for the everyday kind of man product, because his shoes should cost more than the tv.

Just go to Best Buy and look around rube.

Since you do like sports, the higher the refresh the better. At least 120 HZ, or enjoy image lag.

FYI, next time you ask for recs, maybe just make a small note in your original post that you want a cheap piece of shit or side step all of it and run into Walmart real quick.

The TCLS405 is the most popular recommended TV on the link you provided. If you want the best TV you want an LG OLED like catlanta said but if you want a secondary TV that's going to be outside in terrible lighting it's a good TV.

F*ck off Cricket. I know that TV is good, I’m trying to give Anth shit. Stay out of it.

Hey guys, Tony the thrift tiger here.

So we’re gonna blow like 20k on derby/oaks/and the Bahamas keeping up with the Palumbo’s. Could use some help here saving a few bucks on multiple new TVs for my new house.

TIA

-im generally pro doc. However, Anth is 100% correct. Durable goods/trips are a good use of money. Spending money on tech is dumb. Obsolete in 6 months.

-i have a pair of cordovan ae saddle oxfords that I've owned since age 18. I have multiple pairs of dress shoes that are a decade old(ferragamo, ae, j&m(pre outsourcing made in tenn.) and still look great. Can be recrafted. Same with work boots. Seems expensive...but when you have to buy a new pair of $100-150 Chinese shoes/boots every 18 months...you end up spending as much/more over the long haul , and have subpar shoes to boot.

Reactions: WynnDuffy
Catlanta and I both tried to save you $500-$1000 per TV, on the best TV out there, making it the price of budget models. If you’d taken 2 minutes to look at it, it couldn’t be much simpler.

Also, in your original post you didn’t say jack shit about buying budget TVs. You said you needed 4 TVs to replace the TVs in your house. Based on your affinity for nice things, I think it was pretty reasonable for us to assume that you wouldn’t want TVs you’d find in a trailer park.

Clearly we were wrong about that, and also wrong about your ability to successfully maneuver the internet to get a good deal.

But by all means, keep insulting the people who attempted to help you. You’d think we tried to give you a kidney.

Chad - thanks for asking. My sons are mashing. Oldest went thru a slump last weekend. Poor fella went 0-3 for the first time in his life. Sobbed after the game. Felt bad for him but he snapped it this week. Is 7-7 since including a few dingers. Playing first even tho his natural position is probably cf. He’ll be back out there for all star season, macho man shades, gold chain and locks of hair flowing. Just killing it as an 8 year old.

6 year old - also mashing. Leads his team with dingers. Playing first base as well. He’s a natural there. Snags everything. Great stretches. Undefeated so far. Leading the league. Dads looking at 18-0 shirts. Maybe a championship belt? Will keep everyone posted.

Catlanta and I both tried to save you $500-$1000 per TV, on the best TV out there, making it the price of budget models. If you’d taken 2 minutes to look at it, it couldn’t be much simpler.

Also, in your original post you didn’t say jack shit about buying budget TVs. You said you needed 4 TVs to replace the TVs in your house. Based on your affinity for nice things, I think it was pretty reasonable for us to assume that you wouldn’t want TVs you’d find in a trailer park.

Clearly we were wrong about that, and also wrong about your ability to successfully maneuver the internet to get a good deal.

But by all means, keep insulting the people who attempted to help you. You’d think we tried to give you a kidney.
I wouldn't give you a kidney and I fully intend to insult you until the catspaw dies.

- Spending money on tech is dumb. Obsolete in 6 months.

Using that philosophy, just get a used console w/ rabbit ears at Goodwill once every 6 months and never own anything nice. And tech doesn't become "obsolete" in that regard....something may come along w/ an added frill, or perhaps "better' in a couple of years, but if you spent good money on something and it still performs to your satisfaction, then what is the issue.....

* Tech doesn't become obsolete, just like UKO is trying to shop at Circuit City for the new Con Air 25th Anniversary Edition LaserDisc, and cant find it. Might have to add it to his BMG order or pick it up at Blockbuster on his way home from work.

Dumbass.

* Going to the Revivalists show tonight at the Saenger. Got some freebie tickets from a lady friend I met in Colorado. Marcus.

* Jason Isbell and Beck tomorrow at Jazz Fest. Contemplating.....:grimace:

* Derby weekend upcoming.

Pure Heart (William Nack).
The Kentucky Derby is Decadent and Depraved (Hunter S Thompson).

Gotta read em the first Saturday of every May. Just puts my head in the right place.

Reactions: roguemocha
-tbth, I'm in the market for a TV. Ours is a 7yo 50"...eyes are getting bad so a 4k 65" is likely. So the advice given by chase et al is greatly appreciated. Can't bring myself to do *latest and greatest*...last years model will do fine.

-do I need to see black panther before watching infinity war? Doesn't come to Amazon til the 8th...and I have a pause in my schedule sunday evening that I would like to fill with a trip to the moving picture theatre.

My 2009 Sanyo 50” Panasonic weighs approximately 480lbs and made the move to our new house in February. Hung with care over our gas insert fireplace, as God intended. HAVING SAID THAT my wife and I got a 50” tcl smart tv like cricket was talking about for the bedroom. My boys use it to watch inappropriate shit on YouTube.

Love Facebook Enlightened Sports Fan Guy- “I know Bengals fans don’t want to hear this but props to the Steelers for paying Shazier.”

Yeah man- you’re the only reasonable human who also happens to love sports. The rest of us are irrational dickheads. Props to you fighting through it.

Reactions: roguemocha
Can't imagine how tough it must be to be an actual fan of a mid-major college basketball team. If your coach is too good, he's gone after 2-3 years to a bigger program. But that's always been the case. Now, if your star player is too good, he graduates early and is gone after 3 years to a bigger program.

Gotta walk that fine line between finding diamonds in the rough who turn into really good players, but not SO good that they're poached by a Power Five program after their accelerated graduation.

I don't fault the kids for doing it, but the insane number of these kids is a side effect of the grad transfer rule that I don't think anyone saw coming.

-im generally pro doc. However, Anth is 100% correct. Durable goods/trips are a good use of money. Spending money on tech is dumb. Obsolete in 6 months.

-i have a pair of cordovan ae saddle oxfords that I've owned since age 18. I have multiple pairs of dress shoes that are a decade old(ferragamo, ae, j&m(pre outsourcing made in tenn.) and still look great. Can be recrafted. Same with work boots. Seems expensive...but when you have to buy a new pair of $100-150 Chinese shoes/boots every 18 months...you end up spending as much/more over the long haul , and have subpar shoes to boot.
This is like Shaq explaining how to fill gas tank cheaply.

If you bought “multiple” $150 shoes (to match your stable), you wouldn’t have to replace them all every 18 months - one $150 pair will last for 18 months.

IMO, there is a “longevity rationalization” fallacy to the quality any fetishized “gear”, i.e. that the quality is there to provide longevity and be cheaper in the long run.

But how long is your long run? You’ve had one pair of oxfords since you were 18 and they will apparently last you forever. But, you have multiple pairs of shoes that will last you forever. Are you going to pass down your fine leather shoes to your kids (and prevent them from buying shoes - since yours will last long enough for them to use)?

I’ve had the same Cole Haan’s for 10 years.

Reactions: fatguy87
GDit. Some of the more enjoyable and funny GYERO in who knows how long, and Cole The Human Cockhole has to come along a touch it up.

Even the Golf thread hates you. Pay your bet welcher.

Now back to lurking before Mamba comes along with his gay ass,unoriginal, not funny,played out catsfaginbg spill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT