ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the NCAA has to do is allow "student-athletes" to sell rights to their likeness while still otherwise keeping up the window-dressing of amateurism.

It allows UK, Duke, Kansas, etc to keep kids in school and get them paid because they can make a shit ton of money slinging hometown jerseys and gives them a better deal than the G League, doesn't create the employment law concerns that they are fearing (so far as I'm aware), and creates an open market.

It makes too much sense for that twat Emmert to consider though.

F*** him.

All the NCAA has to do is allow "student-athletes" to sell rights to their likeness while still otherwise keeping up the window-dressing of amateurism.

It allows UK, Duke, Kansas, etc to keep kids in school and get them paid because they can make a shit ton of money slinging hometown jerseys and gives them a better deal than the G League, doesn't create the employment law concerns that they are fearing (so far as I'm aware), and creates an open market.

It makes too much sense for that twat Emmert to consider though.

F*** him.
And allow agents to forward money and sign kids if they want. It’s their risk, but it allows kids to have representation in dealing with their likeness...it’s happening and going to continue to happen anyway, marcus have it be above board.

Last edited:
And allow agents to forward money and sign kids if they want. It’s their risk, but it allows kids to have representation in dealing with their likeness and...it’s happening and going to continue to happen anyway, marcus have it be above board.

Can't cut into Emmert's botox budget, though! Gotta keep stealing from poor teenagers!

That disgusting putz. He looks like a blowup doll for a gay mortician with a Rick Stansbury fetish. I honestly hate him and I hate very few people.

Reactions: Kooky Kats
Would give us a massive recruiting advantage if that ever happened. Good luck moving as many jerseys and autographs at Duke as you can at Kentucky... And we'd never lose another kid to Asshole State.

Reactions: Hankshaker
Top story on the local news in San Diego tonight:

There's a child kidnapping ring based around the parking lot of a local Walmart, and it's being exposed by hens on Facebook, Next Door, and other social media sites!!!!1!!1!!

(And then: Local police say it's not true. But a hen on Facebook says she knows somebody whose husband works for a special investigative unit of local police, and it IS true. Local police then deny that this special investigative unit even exists.)

Edit: I know this same story was all over Kentucky a couple of months ago and was discussed in The Paddock. It's hilarious that basically the same urban legend has gone wild here. Kudos to Kentucky for being ahead of the curve on this one!

Last edited:
I hope you have a great weekend.
No I hope *you* have a great weekend.
I hope you have a fabulous weekend.
You go have an amazing weekend.
I hope your weekend is just awesome.
No I hope YOUR weekend is the best.
Just go have yourself a glorious weekend.
I wish you all the best this weekend.
No I hope your weekend is just completely perfect.

:joy::joy::joy:

#passiveaggressive
#asamothertoucher

Reactions: drxman1
Krazykats financial setup with his wife is hard to understand. She paid for the AC, you are paying for the gutters?

Pretty simple. Separate accounts, what’s so hard about this? She wasn’t supposed to pay, but did voluntarily without complaint or even telling me she did.

Top story on the local news in San Diego tonight:

There's a child kidnapping ring based around the parking lot of a local Walmart, and it's being exposed by hens on Facebook, Next Door, and other social media sites!!!!1!!1!!

(And then: Local police say it's not true. But a hen on Facebook says she knows somebody whose husband works for a special investigative unit of local police, and it IS true. Local police then deny that this special investigative unit even exists.)

Edit: I know this same story was all over Kentucky a couple of months ago and was discussed in The Paddock. It's hilarious that basically the same urban legend has gone wild here. Kudos to Kentucky for being ahead of the curve on this one!

That’s more believable than that Allison Mack sex cult story which is actually true.

That’s more believable than that Allison Mack sex cult story which is actually true.

Is it? I haven't followed that story too closely but it wouldn't surprise me if that is a federal prosecutor trying to rack up some #metoo points in hopes of getting on the bench or getting elected.

Not to make light of cops shooting people but they should shoot more people.

Prolly the most action Tenafly cops have seen in a decade.... besides my parked car getting crushed on 2 separate occasions (one dude by heart attack, the other student driver).

Good thing that lunatic was pulled over by cops as she might have hit one of the 10,000 wannabe Israeli Tour de France cyclists pedalling/commandeering a typical weekend on route 9W.

I could make a good argument that, when done right, the one-and-done rule is the best system for college b-ball.

Tweak a few simple agent and likeness rules and make the timing and evaluation process friendlier for these kids.

NCAA should embrace being a feeder system to the league.

...or double down on your antiquated notion of student-athlete, pretend like you are not making billions at their expense, and give the NBA incentive to continue to develop alternatives to you.

I could make a good argument that, when done right, the one-and-done rule is the best system for college b-ball.

Tweak a few simple agent and likeness rules and make the timing and evaluation process friendlier for these kids.

...or double down on your antiquated notion of student-athlete, pretend like you are not making billions at their expense, and give the NBA incentive to continue to develop alternatives to you.
I wonder if the NBA will eventually look at the academies attached to every pro soccer team/league and say, "Hey, that's not a bad idea..."

Reactions: roguemocha

It seems like the easiest thing to implement would be that you can play college basketball until you collect a check from the NBA. So you can enter the draft, even get drafted, and still decide to come back (with the NBA team holding your rights) until you officially sign / get paid by NBA team.

So our boy PJ could get selected 55th in the draft, realize that it's not gonna be the smart move, and have the option to come back to school next year. Of course he'd still not come back, but hey, he's got the option.

If the NBA does not get rid of the one and done rule then we'll look to rule freshmen ineligible. By hell.

True story in the mid 80's the NCAA was looking at reinstating the freshman ineligible rule. A young and naive Booker Noe made presentation about how awful that would be in the his 8th grade communications class at My Old Kentucky Home Jr. High. Wish I had kept the presentation ala SAECATFAN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT