ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Gang Gets Purged
anigif_enhanced-buzz-10290-1398893019-20.gif

When is Michigan State going to start catching some serious hell for the whole gymnastics diddling fiasco? Seems they should be getting destroyed over it.
Probably right around the time Bill Self begins to get called out in the media!!!

I think MSU is beginning to get its comeuppance- earlier today a girl spoke in court about how she is still getting billed for "treatment visits" at MSU where she was assaulted. So I assume their PR folks are going to be busy for awhile.

Hot takes, MSU hammering, Williams Sonoma catalog reviews, Infinity War trailers, really the Deadspin family has all you need in these crazy times.

Pitino's assistants that have become head coaches seem like they have Stockholm Syndrome or something. They even talk like him, have similar facial expressions, use the same language, etc. Mick Cronin obviously stands out the most. Padgett does too. For a guy from out west (I think?), he sure sounds like he has an Atlantic Coast accent at times. Weird.

Tubby doesn't count for obvious reasons.

Pitino's assistants that have become head coaches seem like they have Stockholm Syndrome or something. They even talk like him, have similar facial expressions, use the same language, etc. Mick Cronin obviously stands out the most. Padgett does too. For a guy from out west (I think?), he sure sounds like he has an Atlantic Coast accent at times. Weird.

Tubby doesn't count for obvious reasons.
Are we sure that Pitino isn't a sentient fungus that reproduces by spreading its spores amongst its assistant coaches? It would explain a lot, really.

-Does anyone else think when you signup for 23+Me you’re putting your DNA in a huge databank that could easily be manipulated against you at some point?

-Pushed 8” of fresh snow in the last couple days which made some fantastic skiing on a blue bird day. Can’t beat it. It’s not Perfect North but it’ll have to do.

-Probably drink 2 gallons of water a day out here and haven’t drank any booze. It’s like I can’t even stay hydrated no matter how much I drink.

-Poppin’ some gummies daily while out here, nice little way to vacation. Still wild to just walk in a store and order whatever you want.

I've never been carded so hard in my life. They even make you sit in a little waiting room for 10 minutes before actually entering the back where all the goods are. Completely ridiculous process. But good herb, fo sho.

? Vegas you just walk right in, some dude checking/scanning ID at the door like a bouncer & straight to the counter. Takes around 4 seconds.

I have no other experience with that, but Couldn’t get over how nice, casual & non-shady it was. Like visiting an Apple store at the mall, but with weed.

Yeah here they just scanned our IDs and we walked right in. No buzzer, magnetic doors or anything, literally a velvet rope you walked past. And @MaxPowerrr I’m perfectly fine with them showing that I went in a weed shop. Not really sure what bad could happen from that. Im not trying to become a city councilmen or some other uber prestigious job. Worst case scenario you say you went in and looked around for the novelty of it.

Amazing it can’t just be like that everywhere.

Corbin loses to Knox in basketball.

One of Corbin's better players geta recorded on social media using racial slurs..

Corbin says it's being handled internally. [laughing]

Sure it is.

-Does anyone else think when you signup for 23+Me you’re putting your DNA in a huge databank that could easily be manipulated against you at some point?
I’ve thought this for months. First off, it’s cheaper to sequence my genome than my dog’s. Someone is either subsidizing that cost, or they plan to monetize it down the road. Second, there are a shitload of potential studies that could be done from those that may reveal new treatments and disease patterns. It just makes sense that they’d take advantage of that information.

I’m also surprised that their stupid ads haven’t triggered some backlash for cultural appropriation. “Turns our in 12% Irish, not German! I’m throwing away my beer stein and just bought a kilt and bagpipes!” They’re advertising to the lowest common denominator.

No freaking way I’m giving them a sample. Could easily see a health insurance/life insurance company gaining access to your DNA and denying coverage or increasing your costs solely because of your genome. Michael Crichton wrote a book years ago centered around the potential for patenting of genes and this is certainly the first step toward it.

/conspiracytheorist

I’ve thought this for months. First off, it’s cheaper to sequence my genome than my dog’s. Someone is either subsidizing that cost, or they plan to monetize it down the road. Second, there are a shitload of potential studies that could be done from those that may reveal new treatments and disease patterns. It just makes sense that they’d take advantage of that information.

I’m also surprised that their stupid ads haven’t triggered some backlash for cultural appropriation. “Turns our in 12% Irish, not German! I’m throwing away my beer stein and just bought a kilt and bagpipes!” They’re advertising to the lowest common denominator.

No freaking way I’m giving them a sample. Could easily see a health insurance/life insurance company gaining access to your DNA and denying coverage or increasing your costs solely because of your genome. Michael Crichton wrote a book years ago centered around the potential for patenting of genes and this is certainly the first step toward it.

/conspiracytheorist

The police have certainly been using it already.

<-- has done "goat yoga."

Chick who put it on charged $10/person, and not only sold out all 65 spots, but had several walk up registrations, too. That's pretty good money for a 1 hour yoga class.

It's total novelty. She hosted it in a urban farm venue, and they turned the goats loose for like 10 minutes. Those dudes were cute AF. Looked like like schnauzers.

Reactions: cawoodsct
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT