ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pick a normal looking slack that you can afford, put it on, wear it until you're done or too fat, throw it away.

-Cousins finished the night with 44 points, 24 rebounds and 10 assists, becoming the first player since Kareem Abdul-Jabbar to end a game with at least 40 points, 20 rebounds and 10 assists.

lol. The numbers he & Davis put up are just ridiculous. Does PTI(pti) ever go to these games?

Last edited:
Reactions: wcc31
Hank, I too type in a lot of messages to GYERO, however I am doing much better of late not pushing “Post Reply”.

It is hard knowing the jokes to come are fun usually, but I think you can do it!

Reactions: GrandePdre
All three of the guys we have coming in are shooters right? Assuming we have Green and Baker playing next year I like having lots of shooters.

Duke fans responses to Cal's jab are borderline cult-like.

Last edited:
Although part of what makes Shai such a high % shooter is the fact he mostly only takes "perfect" 3 point attempts, I wish he'd hunt his shot a little more out there. He's got a slow release, but it's damn near flawless -- which is why he's such a good FT shooter as well.

He's shooting 48% from 3 this year, and if you take away his shot clock forced/end of game heaves, he'd probably be closer to 60% on his limited attempts.

Last edited:
All great coaches evolve. Just part of the game. Roy had his downturn, and he's been to back-to-back Championship games. Even K had a marginal stretch, and is just now changing his game to stay on top.

Cal will do the same. I think the true "One and Done" model is incredibly flawed, and even he knows that. It's impossible to find guys like Wall/Cousins/Davis/Towns/etc. on a yearly basis. He just had a really good streak for 7 years just doing that. But recruiting players like Washington and SGA isn't a bad thing, as they'll take 2-3 years to develop, and you can build a team around them. What we'll end up seeing is teams that look like 2003 and 2005, but with more athleticism. I don't think that's a bad thing.

Maybe this is just false hope. I just think Cal is evolving, and there will be some growing pains along the way.

Cal said last night he wants us to take more 3's and singled out Shai and Knox. (said Quade can't go 0-4 either).

Related to next year's class, Herro is the only shooter we have in the fold of the 3 signees.

But recruiting players like Washington and SGA isn't a bad thing, as they'll take 2-3 years to develop, and you can build a team around them. What we'll end up seeing is teams that look like 2003 and 2005, but with more athleticism. I don't think that's a bad thing.

You say that with the assumption that everyone that should stay in college will.

Not very athletic.

But on Thursday, he made a strong case for his draft stock to rise, which it seems to be doing, with an absolutely bonkers vertical jump at 44.5" inches. In fact, his first attempt cleared the standard equipment so they had to make special arrangements for him to raise the bar.
Diallo might be an unknown commodity because he didn't play in college last season, but his athleticism has never been a question mark. He wowed on the AAU circuit prior to his commitment to Kentucky, and that athleticism alone might be enough to earn him a first-round selection should he keep his name in the draft.

Cal said last night he wants us to take more 3's and singled out Shai and Knox. (said Quade can't go 0-4 either).

Related to next year's class, Herro is the only shooter we have in the fold of the 3 signees.

Quickly is a good shooter and Johnson isn’t bad.

Reactions: jayroon
You say that with the assumption that everyone that should stay in college will.

Yes, but honestly, there have only been a few marginal One and Dones under Cal who left early.

Orton
Teague
Goodwin
Young
Skal

All of the other One and Dones were picked in the Top 15. And the other great recruits stayed at least 2 years...Jones, Lamb, WCS, Johnson, etc.

Reactions: jayroon
One more thing Re: 3s.

A lot of that can/will be solved when we stop w/ the bullshit long 2s, many of which are heel-on-the-line -- especially Knox & Diallo.

It's without question the worst shot in basketball, and this team takes more of them than any I can ever remember. :mad:

Looking like a Tubby-coached squad for as many times as they foul a 3-point shooter and give up layups on inbounds, too. Sheesh.

Not only do we get carved defensively on BLOB, but we do nothing to put pressure on the other team when it's our turn. Instead, we throw a lob to the corner, usually to our worst ball handler that's in the game.

This isn't anything new w/ Cal & he obviously has some philosophy about this, but I'll certainly never understand it.

I think UK leads the nation in turnovers out of a time out. Absolutely infuriating.

The Knox step back three, I mean if he makes it we probably win, infuriated me because he is shooting sub 30% and there are way better options.

-casual "rugged" pants: kuhl, topo designs, howler bros., rrl, polo

-jeans: lc king

-dress trousers: hertling, corbin, berle, rl purple lable, samuelsohn.

-if you like bb...check out paul stuart.

-next time you are in lex. Go to Crittenden and get a proper pair of moleskin trousers. Nice cords as well.

Reactions: SAECATFAN
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT