ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jay Bilas, Maria Taylor, and Jay Williams were posting up at the Hilton after the game. Straight up in T-shirt’s and workout gear.

Really wanted to ask a few questions but ended up just talking about ice cream and Tonys. Didn’t wanna be that guy.
Hey Jay Williams, I saw your penis today.

Reactions: GrandePdre
That was just for show vern. I'm actually very happy with the way things went down yesterday.

12 Strong was badass. Highly recommend for the red blooded American.

Brady does it again.

Wings smoking on the grill. Shew, been one heck of a weekend.

Reactions: cawoodsct
Everybody is pissed about yesterday, about ZW, about this year in general. It's been frustrating. But when you say eff this team then I say eff you. Don't watch. Spare us your complaining and run of the mill in-game commentary.

It's going to get worse before it gets better. If you don't have the stomach for it then GTFO. I'm fine with criticism. It's warranted. But continuous bitching/whining is for the Rafters.

12 games remaining before the SEC tourney. Home schedule is relatively easy but there are some tough roadies. I’ll say 7-5.

Reactions: -BBH-
Obviously Justus doesn't help things, but with Cals handling of the Vanderbilt situation, his comments about forgetting about injured players, and apparently not being able to get along with Langford or Bol he isn't doing himself any favors. He is definitely giving the Jeff Capels of the world plenty of ammo to use against him these days.

Kentucky wasn’t even on Zion Williamson’s list of final four schools

Geez. The staff should be absolutely ashamed of that.

Think the UK fan base souring on Cal is the best thing that can happen short-term, IMO. My hope is that he gets extremely offended and is backed into a corner with all the criticism that is beginning to mount in his direction. I mean, after ALL he’s done for the program, these fans turn on him now? The nerve!

Whatever his feelings, this half assed shit he’s been doing lately isn’t going to cut it. Whether it’s on the recruiting trail, coaching decisions, mismanagement of players in between the lines, acting like a complete psycho on the bench... dude clearly needs his edge back. So now with K slapping him around in the arms race and with this particular mess of a roster squarely on the bubble, the shit isn’t pretty right now. The natives are getting more than restless. And rightfully so.

Something needs to change — and very soon.

Last edited:

Think UK fan base souring on Cal is the best thing that can happen short term, IMO. Hope he gets extremely offended with the criticism pointed his direction. I mean, after ALL he’s done for the program, these fans turn on him? The nerve!

Whatever his feelings, this half assed shit he’s been doing lately isn’t going to cut it. Whether it’s on the recruiting trail, coaching decisions, mismanagement of players in between the lines, acting like a psycho on the bench... dude clearly needs his edge back. So now with K slapping him around in the arms race and with this particular mess of a roster squarely on the bubble, the shit isn’t pretty right now. The natives are getting more than restless. And rightfully so.

Yep, the 5 year moratorium on bitching post title is over. It's time to hold people accountable for this shit.

Reactions: roguemocha
It's inexcusable and has been going on for far too long. When was the last time we had legitimate star power with multiple top recruits? Had a serious and realistic chance to win the title? Had an explosive and exciting offense? Hell, even made it further in the tournament to the hot team Duke? Huh?

That's right folks, it's been 10 whole months, and I for one am sick of it. And look at next years roster: Sophmore Green, Washington, junior Gabriel, SKJ, top 3 point guard Quickley, top 10 recruit Johnson, Herro, baker, possibly Richards, maybe Vanderbilt. How are we supposed to compete with that? With Cal coaching of all people, the same Calipari that coached touching Umass and Memphis to final fours. We're doooooomed!!

I mean Jesus the whining here and in rafters has become comically insane. Get your shit together everyone.

Cal is catching hell because winning a national title isn't his #1 priority. He has publicly stated this. It's his mantra.

We all know these kids are going pro whether they go to Duke, UK, or Bethune Cookman (RIP). He's hiding behind this Players First and Ending Generational Poverty because it gives him an easy out. All coaches have insecurities, believe that.

Cal is the perfect match for UK. It's like he was built in a lab to do this job. But at some point, he has to reestablish "a love affair between his fan base and the program." Throw 'em a bone. That's all I'm saying.

You know a six figure sales job after staying in college for 4 years, earning a degree, and playing a few years in Europe would make a dent in generational poverty for some guys too.

Or we could have more guys leave with no first round guarantee.

Think the UK fan base souring on Cal is the best thing that can happen short-term, IMO. My hope is that he gets extremely offended and is backed into a corner with all the criticism that is beginning to mount in his direction. I mean, after ALL he’s done for the program, these fans turn on him now? The nerve!

Whatever his feelings, this half assed shit he’s been doing lately isn’t going to cut it. Whether it’s on the recruiting trail, coaching decisions, mismanagement of players in between the lines, acting like a complete psycho on the bench... dude clearly needs his edge back. So now with K slapping him around in the arms race and with this particular mess of a roster squarely on the bubble, the shit isn’t pretty right now. The natives are getting more than restless. And rightfully so.

Rack this

If we finish with 1 title, Cal’s tenure will be known more for missed opportunities than anything else.

Yep

If we finish with 1 title, Cal’s tenure will be known more for missed opportunities than anything else.
So like Pitino's.

I just don't like this team right now. They are all freshman so it's to be expected and I could stomach it if I thought that most would come back and form a damn good squad next year but history says otherwise.

Well, he at least should stop being so shy about guys like Ayton and Duval. Barely gave either a sniff. UNC cheated for 23 years. Duke’s recruiting took off after hiring a guy who was fired for a recruiting scandal.

Wearing the white hat isn’t beneficial with the NCAA.

I think there's plenty of things that Cal deserves some heat on. The OOC home schedule is a joke, I understand you don't win the NCAA Tournament at home, but it's a huge slap in the face to the fans that are paying ridiculous amounts of money to watch (lately) bad basketball and bad opponents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT