ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got a 3* feller from The state of Alabama today.

b9495de99ac1a43db3902dda47cb4967-original.jpg

We were one shot away from the Final Four last year and I believe we had the longest winning streak in the country going into the Elite 8. So the natives are getting restless stuff sounds something along the lines that would feed the narrative that UK fans are extreme lunatics. But I also think he needs to have a major staff shakeup this Spring and reinvent his approach.

I think Cal is usually at his best when he has a chip on his shoulder. The no respect card. We’re the underdog. Refuse to lose. Taking shots at other coaches. Creating controversy. Borderline paranoid. The “you don’t want to fuc# with him, you’re messing with wrong guy” moment. The street fighter from Pittsburgh. I think with age & crazy success, he may have gotten a little comfortable.

The dude is hyper competetive and has shown a willingness in the past to make drastic changes in his approach to coaching and recruiting. I believe he will figure it out.

Cal is catching hell because winning a national title isn't his #1 priority. He has publicly stated this. It's his mantra.
Are we doing this again?

For the most part I agree with Ron Mex, lotta whining going on in relation to the run we have had with Cal. We aren’t a year removed from a title contender.

Howevah...

I do think there is legit concern/annoyance, whatever, that this program under Cal has had its identity stolen by Duke. It’s crazy, they basically just came in and copied everything...OAD, pro days, la familia(brotherhood), NBA players like Lebron hanging out, tolling prior to commitment dates...and it’s working!

That is what’s infuriating, since Wall we were the cool kids, they are the basketball nerds. K is the “leader of men” Cal is the “business man”... they need to recruit their Kyle Singler’s of the world and stay off our block. Zion/Barrett belong at UK, just like Wall, Boogie, MKG and AD did.

So now everyone is hoping for a 14esque light bulb moment, which could happen once everyone is healthy and in shape, I’m not ruling it out. But, we no longer get to sit back have a coke and chill thinking next year will be a super team...going to need a few boarder line guys to come back for it to happen, and boarder line guys haven’t always done that in this system.

Reactions: GrandePdre
The OOC home schedule is a joke.

We beat UNC at home and lost to IU at their place the year we won the title. I was at both of those games and in both situations it felt like tournament games. Packed houses, the crowds were into it, very meaningful games from a pride standpoint for both teams. For Cal to say that doesn’t help, well, I am at a loss.

K liked Cal's one and done philosophy so much he's going to start playing positionless basketball too.

Welp, that was an interesting weekend. Saturday night watched that awesome Kentucky game with my buddies at our local Kentucky-friendly bar. Left there and ended up crushing it until 4am. Took home a hottie, and smoked weed with a homeless guy. Yesterday the recent ex evidently cooked up a story that I was somehow "missing," and had all my friends on high alert that I was dead or something. In fact, I was "hiding" at a volunteer appreciation party for my local running group with 75 other people, then came home and passed out on the couch for a bit. BBC.

Wonder if Pti will start locking his doors?

Bet he has that minibat at arms length now.

Hell hath no fury like a swinger scorned.

Philly seems a lot like Jessamine Co....or any awesome county surrounding Fayette.

#mydunebuggycostmorethanyourcamry #andmytruckcantearyourhousedownandhaulittothedump

Welp, that was an interesting weekend. Saturday night watched that awesome Kentucky game with my buddies at our local Kentucky-friendly bar. Left there and ended up crushing it until 4am. Took home a hottie, and smoked weed with a homeless guy. Yesterday the recent ex evidently cooked up a story that I was somehow "missing," and had all my friends on high alert that I was dead or something. In fact, I was "hiding" at a volunteer appreciation party for my local running group with 75 other people, then came home and passed out on the couch for a bit. BBC.

:joy: Wut?

That girl is a hoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT