ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got my results back. 100% European.

49.9% British & Irish

26.7% French & German

16% Broadly NW Europe

2% Iberian

1% Broadly Southern European

1% Italian I knew it! I felt a strong sense of family when I met my fellow paisan, Anth, for the first time.

Always 100% buckeye at heart though:rolleyes:

Received a handwritten, strongly worded 2 page letter today at work from a UofL fan "doctor" named Fred saying that I have "intentionally and purposefully set out to hurt UofL fans," that I am motivated to "hurt, marginalize, impugn and ridicule people" that I don't even know, and that I "disseminated this to a large audience knowing that it would reach and affect those people."

He then closed by saying while he accepts that UofL broke NCAA rules and has been punished accordingly, "you and your fellow UK fans don't realize that what has been uncovered at UofL is only the smallest fraction of what has been going on at UK since the day Calipari arrived."

However, he promised that while "a much darker day is headed your way" and that he "will relish that day," he will not twist the knife when that day arrives.

So that's cool, I guess.

li7h2rryk3yyiopkeknx.jpg

I’ve thought this for months. First off, it’s cheaper to sequence my genome than my dog’s. Someone is either subsidizing that cost, or they plan to monetize it down the road. Second, there are a shitload of potential studies that could be done from those that may reveal new treatments and disease patterns. It just makes sense that they’d take advantage of that information.

I’m also surprised that their stupid ads haven’t triggered some backlash for cultural appropriation. “Turns our in 12% Irish, not German! I’m throwing away my beer stein and just bought a kilt and bagpipes!” They’re advertising to the lowest common denominator.

No freaking way I’m giving them a sample. Could easily see a health insurance/life insurance company gaining access to your DNA and denying coverage or increasing your costs solely because of your genome. Michael Crichton wrote a book years ago centered around the potential for patenting of genes and this is certainly the first step toward it.

/conspiracytheorist
Yeah I mean, I’m sure the Nazis would’ve appreciated that 23&Me list. I “heard” somewhere that the president has all his BMs collected when overseas so his DNA can’t be obtained.

Not to be conspiracy guy but there’s just so much someone could do with that information.

th

Goooooooooo! If Cal insists on being a maniac, this guy better start and have the ball in his hands after every rebound. If said rebound goes to anyone else, the rebounder shall get the Cal finger point with an accompanying "GET THE F&%K OUT" scream.

Maye and Berry are my most hated duo in a long time.

And I know exactly why I hate Maye. He plays exactly like we would have if we were his size.

I mean, we used DNA obtained under the guise of vaccinating Bin Ladens children to track his ass down and kill him...Genetic bullets are coming.

My wife wants goats next. I’d be for it if they stayed the size of that little shit. She is already a paranoid nut about her chickens.

23andme is a total scam. They aren’t doing shit with your DNA. I won’t be surprised to see the whole thing blow up when some black guy gets results back that shows he is Icelandic and Finnish.

Reality TV suggestion: Vanderpump Rules at 9 which a few of you watch AND SummerHouse At 10. 2nd season of summer house starts tonight, enjoy, you’re welcome.

Reactions: UK_Dallas
Amazon needs to hurry up and get into the RePet biz. When my dog dies I want a cloned puppy of him to show up via Amazon Prime.

What I’m saying is that I would “subscribe and save” for man’s best friend. Your move, Bezos.

It is fairly interesting that Cal and K have switched out "types" of recruits. Bagley and Zion are guys that he would never miss on. At least to Duke.

Bean has an interesting theory, thinks the Pitino thing has him ultra conservative.

Nevertheless, I like pissed off Cal. Obviously fans have a bit of a gripe the past 3 seasons. Time to dust off that chainsaw cock and remind everyone who's the boss. Get through this crap hole season. Bring back the key components. Add 1 more recruit and get after it.

Reactions: august-west
My wife wants goats next. I’d be for it if they stayed the size of that little shit. She is already a paranoid nut about her chickens.

23andme is a total scam. They aren’t doing shit with your DNA. I won’t be surprised to see the whole thing blow up when some black guy gets results back that shows he is Icelandic and Finnish.

Look into Nigerian dwarf goats. Good for both meat and dairy, they stay small, may or may not email you about having millions of dollars for you from a long lost relative.

/backtolurking

I just hope we have enough to field a varsity team next year.

It is amazing how people tend to behave exactly like they look. Take that couple that kept their kids captive. Those two look exactly how everyone would imagine.

We will end up with zero top 10 recruits again for the second straight year, while Duke has landed 7 of them during that time. That will not stand.

Unlike Tubby, however, I don't think Cal will hesitate to axe any dead weight who's responsible in any way for this nonsense.

Looking at you, Boy Wonder.

It is fairly interesting that Cal and K have switched out "types" of recruits. Bagley and Zion are guys that he would never miss on. At least to Duke.

Bean has an interesting theory, thinks the Pitino thing has him ultra conservative.

Nevertheless, I like pissed off Cal. Obviously fans have a bit of a gripe the past 3 seasons. Time to dust off that chainsaw cock and remind everyone who's the boss. Get through this crap hole season. Bring back the key components. Add 1 more recruit and get after it.

This recruiting season not withstanding- two big whiffs impacted us:

- Losing Miles Bridges (his replacement was Gabriel)

- Losing Bamba (no replacement)

We win it all with Bridges (hell- would have anyway if that shot rims out).

And Bamba would be a monster with Cal
and help us a ton on both ends.

Recruiting can be turned around pretty easily especially when you’re still the second best recruiter in the game.

And I’m not so sure “settling” for guys like Johnson and Gyerro won’t be beneficial in the long run.

We will end up with zero top 10 recruits again for the second straight year, while Duke has landed 7 of them during that time. That will not stand.

Unlike Tubby, however, I don't think Cal will hesitate to axe any dead weight who's responsible in any way for this nonsense.

Looking at you, Boy Wonder.

Knox and Diallo (technically) but I hear ya.

Amazon needs to hurry up and get into the RePet biz. When my dog dies I want a cloned puppy of him to show up via Amazon Prime.

What I’m saying is that I would “subscribe and save” for man’s best friend. Your move, Bezos.
I want to clone my pet horse, Secretariat.

-Not picking on Cal here (for once), but I’ve never understand how coaches could possibly be fat given that their offices are located in world class training facilities with training professionals at your disposal. Guess they just WORK 24/7 ZOMG BACK TO OFFICE ONCE I SWING BY THE HOUSE FOR A SANDWICH AT 11:30 PM.

-RIP Hugh Masekela. Not a big student of his entire catalog, but "Grazing in the Grass" is an all-time feel good for Dad.

Other favorite classic non-vocal cuts:

"Jessica", Allman Brothers
"The Horse", Cliff Nobles
"Sleepwalk", Santo & Johnny

-I know we recently discussed painters, but anyone have experience with sandblasting a home? Who can do it. Price range. Etc. Serious replies only.

-We stopped being the "cool" program the year Nike gave us these bullshit checkerboard uniforms. Fox even admitted he didn't feel them last year. Easy fix IMO but looks like we're sticking with them for another 10+ years or so!

-I'm close to letting IU out of timeout and agreeing that series needs to be renewed. December basketball: IU, Louisville, UNC. Probably the way it should be.

-Everything is price driven, so I'm still confused as to why Universities are shaking their head at the attendance woes.

-A grown man, I like a Brooks Brothers pair of slacks. Any others I should consider? Nothing that Anth would wear, please. Thx.

-I'd never want him here for obvious reasons, but how good is Tony Bennett? It's nothing short of amazing what he's done down at UVA, and they're gonna win the ACC again most likely, and are right there every single year. Every year they seemingly lose their best player or two or three, and it's like it never happened. Props

-It's hard to put into words how much I hate our uniforms, they are so damn gaudy & awful with that bullshit down the sides. Maybe that could be a tweak?

-Wonder how many games UNC needs to lose before they fall at all in the rankings? They were already the highest ranked team with 4 losses, and now have 5 after getting blown out by a struggling VaTech team that had last 4 of 6, including 2 straight.

-Also cool of WVU to lose again before heading home for Kentucky & Gameday. I just hope we keep that one close, as getting our doors blown off wouldn't be a good thing at all for this team, at this juncture, imo.

-12 hours til tip! Go Cats, beat the Bulldogs.

I don't think that checkerboard pattern would be bad if it was about 1/3 the width it is now. Gaudy is a good word for it. I thought they would grow on me, but I actually like them much less now than I did originally.

I am usually in the "if the players like them, then its fine" boat, but the players think they suck, too. Thanks, Nike.

I am one of the few on here who actually likes the screwing pigeons Wildcat head logo, though. Even if Nike did blatantly rip it off from Northern Iowa.

But yeah, change those threads up, man. They're awful. Not as bad as the ones Meeks scored 54 in, but still bad.

(1) SEC schools sign massive broadcast rights deal with ESPN
(2) Games against Slapdick State are now available in bright, beautiful HD
(3) Ticket, parking, concession prices go up
(4) People stay at home
(5) Schools are frightened and confused - WHA HAPPEN????
Top button or no, MITCH deserves credit for lopping off 8k seats at Krogers. Ahead of the game. UL was off the charts absurd to do their upcoming beak-looking expansion even before the athletic department self immolated....going to be an empty seated debacle from here to eternity.

Weekend SEC games are $75 per ticket up in my non smug nosebleed seats. Louisville was like $120. Ridiculous.

I sold or gave away nearly all my tix this year. Too busy at work for a weeknight game and the HD, no 4 hours of travel and the beauty of gazing out the window at my pond during timeouts is too much to pass up.

I do love to go to the weekend games, though.

Top button or no, MITCH deserves credit for lopping off 8k seats at Krogers. Ahead of the game. UL was off the charts absurd to do their upcoming beak-looking expansion even before the athletic department self immolated....going to be an empty seated debacle from here to eternity.
Maybe no better example of TOM's hubris imo. That decision was all about showing up UK and it was incredibly stupid.

- Giggle every time someone drops a “Serious replies only”- thinking of that dipshit trying to sell his The Fast & The Furious Cavalier on here. :joy:

Those were the days.

- Odds Knox struggles against that physical bullshit WV defense: OVER

- Streakiest damn team I can ever remember. We’re either rolling or getting our brains beat in with little in between. I mean how many 8-12 point leads can we give up?

Reactions: Col. Angus
-Typical freshman. Our length and athleticism takes over for about 6-8 minutes a game. Then we relax, get lazy, dumb fouls and let other teams back in. No killer instinct.

-Not sure if it's related but Cal had double hip replacement and likes to eat. Fairly hard to stay slim with those 2 factors.

-Our uniforms are terrible.

-Bonobos weekday warrior are my new preferred slacks.

-**** IU

I know it’s unlikely and everything sucks everywhere and all are freshmen are overrated crack dealers #abh...

...but damn, the fan base (I!) needs a nice little win streak and a signature W at WVa. Dog days of winter, man, UK basketball is supposed to make those better not worse.

Feed Vando a few Red Bull’s and keep his butt on the floor for 25+.

Reactions: _Chase_ and wcc31
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT