ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time for Cal to feel some heat. Not "You might get fired" heat, but shit-canning Barbee and the nerd shouldn't be his call.

tried to listen to Mag52's show this morn. the depressing bball recruiting stuff had already been covered, he was talking about some apparent depressing football ticket sales story. clicked it off.

at some point UK sports wont just be an endless well of sadness and misery, but we ain't there yet.

May, 2015.

Ain’t there yet.

I have a hard time wrapping my head around how the bell cow in SEC FB can get every call and make the playoffs, yet the BB bell cow gets screwed as much as we do. That was an obvious foul on PJ, whether he hits both is neither here nor there.

College basketball officiating is ridiculous. **** every single college official.

I think the players do play hard. They're giving effort. They're just dumb, awkward, can't run an offense, the team is poorly assembled, and they're getting murked by smarter teams that know how to play as a team on both sides of the ball. But they appear to be giving effort. So... there's that.

Reactions: roguemocha
We finished the game as well as Zion reads his own letter on national TV. Really shouldn't even have been down to the last possession but that's our life now. F this gay Earth.

Reactions: Mashburned
Basketball is a bad sport, actually.

I've actually been saying this for a while.

Far too much subjectivity. Of the big three sports it is the most influenced by officiating. Pretty much to a level that damn near invalidates the integrity of the game.

Pretty much a non-interesting simpleton sport IMO.

I think the players do play hard. They're giving effort. They're just dumb, awkward, can't run an offense, the team is poorly assembled, and they're getting murked by smarter teams that know how to play as a team on both sides of the ball. But they appear to be giving effort. So... there's that.
They look like players that are paralyzed by Cal acting like a GD lunatic every time they make a mistake. This dude may have a stroke in the middle of a game...

We just need a #tweak...

Diallo isn't very good right now man, no way any GM who liked him early/mid 1st preseason still feels that way, and I'd be surprised if he's even late on most boards.

I think he can play better, but I also don't think it's some sort of "slump" -- he's missing a LOT of what a guard needs to be consistently successful.
I was way out in front of this.

Bottom line, if this were any other school than Kentucky we would understand the ups and downs and be excited about being world beaters in 2-3 years.

Instead we know almost all of these guys will be playing literally anywhere else in the world in 2-3 years. A few will be struggling to make nba squads, the rest bouncing around the Bulgarian second tier or some bullish

I've actually been saying this for a while.

Far too much subjectivity. Of the big three sports it is the most influenced by officiating. Pretty much to a level that damn near invalidates the integrity of the game.

Pretty much a non-interesting simpleton sport IMO.

If college football were officiated like college basketball, some games would have 35 offensive holding calls. And some games would have only 3 such holding calls, but 17 pass interference calls.

Cal says we're fine. Few freshmen mistakes, but he can fix it. He was worried after Tuesday, but actually now we're good.

IT'S NOT THE TIME FOR F*CKING CAL-TALK. His motivational speaker horseshit wears thin fast when we're shitty.

"I'm good. I'm fine. We've gotta clean up some stuff."

Maybe start with cleaning Coach K's ball-sweat off your forehead, you ginny-f*ck.

In a just universe the no call on Washington would have balanced out a no call on the hold at the end of the Florida football game.

But the universe is a brutal bitch.

Reactions: warrior_SW
Post game show is gonna be interesting...how Jonesy spins this one, if he even attempts to, will be interesting...

Um Duke going to go B2B. Either we step up the cheat game or we stand eye-to-eye with those gaffots at 8 after next year. It's happening now and Cal is going to be in the corner holding his micro dick. F sports.

Maybe Cal needs to take a page out of Roy's playbook and start sandbagging to keep guys here longer. Or at least STFU about everyone leaving as soon as possible. That's probably the only way to offset our recruiting issues in the short-term.

We’re a team in transition right now. From adding Vanderbilt to getting Green back to figuring out how to play through SGA to the usual Cal-at-UK Nov-March metamorphosis. Cal has a lot to figure out right now. Namely:

- Vanderbilt’s role.
- Diallo’s role with SGA’s new go-to guy status.
- how to put Knox in the best position to score.
- who needs to shoot more and who needs to shoot less.

Silver lining- our D and length continue to improve.

- Shitty night for UK basketball all around. Time to see how Cal responds to adversity on this stage.

1p2xPP.So.79.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT