ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fish frys in my neck of the woods had more of a "small white towel over the shoulder" vibe than "Knights of Columbus fundraiser" vibe. But fried fish was served on the reg, nonetheless

-Moby Dick is a national treasure. Fantastic even. Best fast food fish in town. Don't sleep on a sidecar brat, they do them well.

-Lex fried fish scene, this is well documented, is pathetic. Smithtown is about the only option and it's beer battered fish and chips style.

-Cunningham's is still the GOAT.

-O'Bryan's still open? Right by 51Hundy, I loved that place. Total dive.

-Speaking of food, picked up Atomic Ramen for round 2. Solid. That's a strange craving that can only be relieved with the exact order. Can't really substitute around good ramen.

-Cincy chili is awful. It's only serviceable when placed on a hotdog and loaded with cheese. Trying to eat it as normal chili :joy:. Very much like geotta is compared to ACTUAL sausage. They may have more people mostly wearing Nike's and cargos but they certainly do everything at or below average.

Reactions: SAECATFAN
So it's cool to hate on Super Troopers, I guess.

Whatever. That movie is absolutely hilarious.

No sh*t. That flick is fantastic. Wouldn’t have thought a GYEROite would clown it. Hell Pope has prolly watched it today already inbetween doctoring type stuff.

“Is he....???”

“Is the bear???”

“EXCUSE ME, BEARF*CKER, DO YOU NEED ASSISTANCE?”

2597162-2402276880-BEARF.jpg

Reactions: drxman1
I think we can all agree that, regardless of which of those chilis you claim is the best, you are very very very likely to have some considerable amount of diarrhea afterward.

Your opinion of Lexington fried fish is worthless if you don’t even mention Charlie’s.

The best fish n chips in the city was Jefferson Davis Inn though.

Sorry, pal. You lost your vote when you went to bat for Petro's Chili and Chips, claiming the place was not only very good but also financially solvent -----> place didn't even last a year.

That was almost as bad of a take as UKO claiming Andover CC's new management had them on the up and up, the place was doing great and that the reports of their declining membership were simply false -- nothing to see here!

Last edited:
Reactions: SAECATFAN
I claimed Petros was fine the couple times I went and got a baked potato, definitely never said it would be successful.

Palm Beach randos...

* The water wasn’t as turquoise blue as what you see in the Gulf but was definitely a prettier shade of blue than what you see in the mid to upper Atlantic.

* The weather was awesome ranging from lower 70’s to 80’s during the day. The evenings it would get down to 60’s.

I’ve learned to appreciate winter around here but man it was nice to break up January by enjoying the sunshine and warm temps.

* The architecture in Palm Beach was really cool. I suppose it’s a Spanish style but it really stood out as a very unique part of the country.

* We hit up The Breakers one night to walk around the property and take it all in. I believe it may be the nicest and most plush place I’ve ever witnessed. The grounds were absolutely immaculate. High end spas everywhere. The lobby itself was mind boggling. The ceiling tiles were something from another world. The valet parking area was full of Lambos, Aston Martins, Ferraris, and other exotic sports cars.

There’s 9 restaurants on the property. We saddled up at the bar at this place named HFM. It was kind of an old school speakeasy type bar that was also very modern. The people watching was interesting. Serious smoke everywhere. Business people cutting deals. Residents who own a condo on the property coming down for dinner.

Some real estate dude from Boston who “winters” there sat next to us and we ended shooting the shit for about an hour about sports, Kentucky Derby, Keeneland, Saratoga, etc. He ended up picking up our tab , gave me his card & said if we came to Boston in the summer he would get us in his box for a game at Fenway.

* The area is chalk full of uber wealthy New England & New York City folks who spend their winters down there. I don’t know how they do it. Some of these homes were insane. Everyone seemed to have an angle or was working one.

* Watched Cats vs Vandy at the poolside bar with a view of the ocean while slugging down domestos. I was in my happy place.

Last edited:
I’ve never seen or known anyone that actually eats a bowl of Skyline chili. And I would laugh at anyone who did so. You’d be smarter eating a Tide pod IT IS KNOWN.

Note for you rapper fans - the "Black Panther" soundtrack is apparently produced by Kendrick Lamar and looks to be something. They haven't released all the tracks yet, but the first two are good in my white-ass opinion.

Reactions: BristolCat
Club Pro Guy is back, this time with Tripp Isenhour on Golf Channel podcast. :fire:
"In my final year on tour I missed 26 of 28 cuts while battling vertigo and a paternity suit from a Cabo San Lucas motel maid. Like most aging professional athletes, something inside me told me it was time to retire... The best part of being a club pro is that I make a great living ($32k/year) and am able to buy Sabona bracelets and Greg Norman Straw Hats at cost. "

Reactions: TheShowKiller
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT