ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to let everyone in on a secret - politicians don't give a shit about the debt other than the extent to which they can kick it down the road for someone else to deal with.
Nor should they if we're being real, 20 Trillion is essentially monopoly money territory. The people who own it are essentially tied to our hip. China basically has the Dumber and Dumber briefcase full of IOUs.

See that one, it's for a fleet of F22s at 3 billion each. Might want to hold on to it.

Uncle Ben got the entire family 'The China Study' for Christmas one year over a decade ago. He didn't do very well on it, nor did the rest of the family. :)

You would think a guy who is famous for his tasty yet economical rice dishes would be a little wiser about China, a country that also knows a thing or two about rice.

lndlXY8.jpg

Explains a lot, tbh.

Last edited:
The next time you’re at one of your swinger parties, and the next dude to plow your girl has a Richard 2 trillion bigger than yours, enjoy.

More like my cholesterol after fitness whole see food pizza in my mouth seriously gang, eat healthier.

Apropos of nothing, I just read this in an old article about Ted Williams' career as the manager of the Senators and it is fantastic:

One day in 1971 the 52-year-old Williams took his team on the field and challenged two time Cy Young Award winner Denny McLain to pitch to him. “I don’t care what you throw, I’ll hit you wherever I want.”

“I’m going to get you out with my slider; they didn’t even have those when you played,” McLain replied, running out to the mound.

With the entire team watching, Williams rocketed a line drive into the right-center field gap on McLain’s first pitch, just as he had called. McLain responded with a fastball under Ted’s chin.

Ted said, “I respect you for that, but I’m used to it. I played without a helmet and dodged bullets in the war. You think your little fastball’s going to hurt me?” Then he belted another line shot, this time to left-center, again as he called it.

The exhibition done, Williams ‘consoled’ McLain: “I don’t want to take you deep and embarrass you to the point where you quit on me. If a pitcher listens to a good hitter they can learn how to get them out.”

-i guess im gonna have to be the dude that reminds you folks that the stock market is not "the economy". Gdp/job growth(part time doesnt count)/consumer confidence and such matters. Main street>wall street.

-100cat nails it. **** appearances, give me results. Enough of that.

-public bid opening for a school in south ky today. I won my package(was low) by 0.07%. For those that dont understand...thats really ****ing cool.

9 years is a bit aggressive. Things weren't really rolling in 09-10, they were turning around. 7ish is fair.

No, actually it isn't when you look at the big picture....gov't cheese assistance, home building, construction, manufacturing, small business, health care costs, black unemployment, taxes, etc, etc, etc. Not one of these was in the positive column a year and a half ago. Lib idiots want to praise Obama for this monster home run swing...ok, so he sat on his ass for 8 yrs and now things are turning because of his policies...notta. TFP and enjoy the sprinkles all the way to 2024.

Guess i'll tune in for this Andrew Cunanan show on FX... Tough for me to pass up on a serial killer bio-pic. Remember when that guys picture was circulating- that he didnt *look* like a serial killer. Just looked like a normal clean cut dude with glasses. Nonetheless he was a whack and he was killing people in like every way possible. Then just cruising the streets of Miami for awhile and chilling... a real whack.

TV talk... for you Dateline fans, Discovery ID (or ID Discovery or whatever they call that channel) ran a 3-part show on Jodi Arias this week. I think they're replaying it Saturday night. Worth a look if that's your type of show.

You would think a guy who is famous for his tasty yet economical rice dishes would be a little wiser about China, a country that also knows a thing or two about rice.

lndlXY8.jpg

Explains a lot, tbh.

One freaking like? What is wrong with you people? That was gold. Pure gold. Uncle Ben. Uncle Ben's rice. China???

Thank God for Mashburned. The rest of you are touching idiots.

I’m thinking about penning, “The Goodfellas Study” to turn a nice lil profit.

Elevator Pitch: CRUSH the Goodfellas lunch special 3-4 days a week for a year: slice of pepperoni, breadstick w/nacho cheese, & approx three (3) Cherry Cokes. Then stop, cold turkey, and opt for 1,000 calorie Chipotle bols with a water for 3-4 days a week instead. Finally, cruise to a flawless victory in the Office Weight Loss Contest.

LSS: 15 lbs in 8 weeks for an easy hundo. Don’t @ me, Max.

Edit: Skyline tastes better.
/had a five-way potato inverted and coney last night.

Reactions: cawoodsct
Shameless plug for Bryant HVAC.

Jimmy Johns thinks this service was fast. Muchos Gracias Anth.

When you have trouble with your furnace, @Bryant.

-A Confederacy of Dunces is a great book. Toole's own story is pretty interesting.

-Frozen pipes are no joke. This freeze has had us hopping like crazy. So many patio homes and apartments have ran their pipes across attic spaces with no insulation around the pipes.

Aside from that, you see a lot of dumbasses with rental properties that are vacant so they don't turn the heat on. Entire house freezes on the inside after the pipe breaks. Those are likely not covered by insurance. Really dumb choices out there to save a few bucks. We also see old people that go to Florida and turn their heat to 60F and then freeze their pipes. Good for business though.

-Speaking of business, one my our lead supervisors saw the LG&E bill for our building. His eyes about bugged out of his head. I think it is good for them to get a little glimpse at some of the overhead costs.

-Sheriff is real. I'm pretty sure he graduated from Male. I've always assumed he came from Blankenbaker money and is just some semi-connected turd.

Picked up the SNESC just to give the kids, and me, a little extra to do during the dog days of winter.

My review ===> should have just spent the extra money and bought them a PS4 or XBox.

My twins are 4 and my thought process was the PS4 games would be too hard...I forgot how damn hard a bunch of those old games were. Not to mention, there were too many adventure/story type games and no sports games.

Oh well, street fighter is still cool.

Reactions: Joey Rupption
Cawood, Gold Star and Skyline basically serve the same things, but are different... kinda like McDonald's and Wendy's.

'Wood, both are ideal for you personally to stick up your (pick an orafice of your choice) and get pumped. Add hot sauce and crackers, onions are optional.

Since I believe you are gluten free or gay or whatever, I suggest you just stay away completely.

-Much like everything else from that City(Ruby's and Graeters aside) Skyline is really overrated.

-Super Troopers 2 will most likely be awful because: 1. after the first 30 minutes of the original it was pretty bad, 2. I no longer participate in the activities that made the first one hilarious.

Yea anytime I get ready to blame W for anything I remember those two wars and cut him some much deserved slack.

Had two really strong moments, his speech after 9/11 and that heater opening pitch.

Yeah, he blew up the towers.

Oh boy.

-I am GIDDY to watch Vanderbilt play Saturday. Ts.

-Speaking of conspiracy theories. Wonder if Cal is behind the Greenberg comments? Seems out of character he's primarily taken up for the young guys and they seem really pointed at just these guys.

I’m a little nervous with a 17 year gap between films, but hopefully they did it right.

Zoolander 2 was one of the biggest POS of all time.

I like Skyline and Gold Star, but overall prefer Gold Star.

Clear Advantages:

Gold Star- much better cheese coneys

Skyline- much better atmosphere

Regarding 3-ways, both are good. Possibly a draw.

Reactions: WynnDuffy
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT