ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't do shit around the house period, I touching hate it. The last thing I want to do on my days off are manual labor, especially since I'm on my feet and work with my hands at work as well. I put up 15 curtain rods in my house when we moved in and that was enough, almost hammered a giant hole in several walls in frustration and got in about 10 arguments with my wife. I even pay the extra 90 dollars to have a stranger come to my house when only my wife and little daughter are there to install things I buy from Amazon. I get noticeably pissed off when we get a gift from a family member for my daughter when the box says "assembly required". Screw that crap, I getting annoyed just thinking about it now.

Reactions: Stonewall12
When BBdK and I began our young careers in the prestigious finance industry, our bosses adhered to the strict no loan policy against the “Three Ps.”

No lending to painters, plumbers, or priests.

And to better frame the story, we were part of the industry that essentially created the economic collapse of ‘08. And yet STILL wouldn’t lend to painters. F em, imo.

Think we may finally be moving sometime in the next 2-4 weeks. Been wanting to do it for years. Back in 2015 we came thisclose to becoming neighbors with the llamas but life intervened, thankfully. Instead of hiring movers I plan on renting a dumpster and throwing away 90% of my belongings. Such a nice feeling to throw things away rather than pack and organize them.

Hard times. Eviction is never a pleasant experience.

Unsurprisingly, I'm a terrible painter. My Dad is excellent at it though, so I see if he can do it 95% of the time. I've tried paying him, but he'll only work for food, per Dad law everywhere, I imagine.

Found a painter in Louisville who charges about $75 per room and does a great job. Sure, he and his crew look like they'll shank you at any time, and I don't understand how he makes any money, but he's always been pleasant around me and it's not my job to figure out his fiances. As long as he stays out of prison, I'll never paint anything again in my life.
How would one go about contacting this fine group? Smoke signal? Craigslist?

I can't imagine a worst place to watch a college basketball game(in a Power 5 conference) than Maples Pavilion at Stanford.

Looks like a glorified high school gym with a wine-and-cheese crowd and absolutely no personality to the program or the place. When the best thing you've got going is your pep band, that ain't good.

Great school. Beautiful campus. But every time I catch a few minutes of a Stanford home game, I just feel bad for whoever's there. They look terribly disinterested.

Payne said they’re using Vanderbilt in practice to help toughen up Kevin Knox in anticipation of another physical showdown tomorrow night.

“[South Carolina is] going to try to make it hard for guys like Kevin Knox because Kevin has shown a tendency to shy away from contact. Well, every day in practice that’s why we’ve got Jarred Vanderbilt guarding Kevin Knox. Jarred, as much as you can, push him. Bump him. Be as physical as you can with him because when he gets that.”

Vanderbilt needs to get his ass on the court, immediately, if he's being used to toughen someone up in practice.

Easiest the roughest of the budding tradesmen. And you're right, it doesn't make sense. Must be the fumes.
Had a painter show up and tell a very explicit and elaborate "your mom" joke to a state policeman.

That said, they are way behind drywall-men and glazers on this list of shady tradesman.

Payne said they’re using Vanderbilt in practice to help toughen up Kevin Knox in anticipation of another physical showdown tomorrow night.

“[South Carolina is] going to try to make it hard for guys like Kevin Knox because Kevin has shown a tendency to shy away from contact. Well, every day in practice that’s why we’ve got Jarred Vanderbilt guarding Kevin Knox. Jarred, as much as you can, push him. Bump him. Be as physical as you can with him because when he gets that.”

Vanderbilt needs to get his ass on the court, immediately, if he's being used to toughen someone up in practice.
Less than a week ago.

“I'd like it to be his first game, a home game, so he can get some love, kind of work through what he's got to work through,” Calipari said. “I'd rather have that than a road game. But I'm going to leave that up to him.”

Just finished fixing the washing machine and I've gotta say... it's pretty satisfying. The combination of YouTube and Amazon makes most appliance/home repairs much easier.

With that said, we paid to have our entire house painted about 15 months ago and it was absolutely the right call. Still haven't rehung nearly any of the pics/stuff on the walls which infuriates the wife and it's become somewhat of a standoff so I can't give in now.

Think we may finally be moving sometime in the next 2-4 weeks. Been wanting to do it for years. Back in 2015 we came thisclose to becoming neighbors with the llamas but life intervened, thankfully. Instead of hiring movers I plan on renting a dumpster and throwing away 90% of my belongings. Such a nice feeling to throw things away rather than pack and organize them.
[banana]

Reactions: B Rax
https://www.seccountry.com/kentucky...erbilt-closer-clearing-last-mental-thing-play

“First of all, I think when you talk about a kid that’s coming off an injury and getting healthy, there’s a mental thing there that he has to get over,” Payne said. “It’s been a long time since he’s played basketball, and he’s going to have some aches and pains. He has to be able to practice and get through those aches and pains and feel comfortable. He’s getting to that point.

“I don’t know if he’s there yet, Coach Cal doesn’t know if he’s there yet, but I do know that he’s getting to the point where he’s feeling more comfortable. Hopefully it’s soon, but it’s wrong for adults to force a kid to do anything when they don’t feel like they are ready yet. So Coach Cal is never going to do that to a kid. That’s not what we do here.”

https://www.seccountry.com/kentucky...erbilt-closer-clearing-last-mental-thing-play

“First of all, I think when you talk about a kid that’s coming off an injury and getting healthy, there’s a mental thing there that he has to get over,” Payne said. “It’s been a long time since he’s played basketball, and he’s going to have some aches and pains. He has to be able to practice and get through those aches and pains and feel comfortable. He’s getting to that point.

“I don’t know if he’s there yet, Coach Cal doesn’t know if he’s there yet, but I do know that he’s getting to the point where he’s feeling more comfortable. Hopefully it’s soon, but it’s wrong for adults to force a kid to do anything when they don’t feel like they are ready yet. So Coach Cal is never going to do that to a kid. That’s not what we do here.”
Nah. He's a selfish kid with people in his ear faking the injury to go pro without ever playing and he doesn't respect the name on the jersey.

Reactions: cawoodsct
Don't have to like that idiot to like lower taxes. Really you should just be able to breathe.
I'm saying that Trump is the most likely President in our lifetime to jump into a taxi with a black driver and ask him to put on Negro music. Trump has probably also attended a swinger party or two. PTI seems to have a lot in common with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT