ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
-NFL was great this weekend. I hate a ton about it but CFB could learn about the speed of play. Most football I've watched in years.

-Want to know why our government is losing money hand over fist? Nothing to do with Trump or Obama. The dumbass that triggered the Hawaii missile alert has been "reassigned." Are you kidding me? Sorry he made an honest mistake. He scared the shit out of an entire state and created an international incident. The more people our government employees the more money we're going to piss down the drain.

-Crushed some house hold projects this weekend. :scream:

-LivePD is just so damn good. Pissed the Florida game is going to interfere with my Saturday evening schedule.

-Thought for sure LaChance would drive us crazy for 4 years. Pretty sure we all did. Missed 5(net) Ft's and a wide open 3 in the last few minutes.

-If anyone is interested in a workout/charity event, we're participating in this again. Was a good time last year and a good local cause. Workout isn't overly strenuous(really as much as you want it to be but $20.) We'll be there at 6p on Friday and then I'll go again sometime early Saturday as well. @KingLlama, Adam, @UKswimmer875, Bob, BRax @Geese Feeder @Booker Noe any other Lexington peeps.

-The pit is no more, appears to be going upward quickly. Stoked for Ruby's to finally make it after 15 years.

Reactions: roguemocha
I still haven't been to Tony's. Wonder how that will affect his business, especially w/ the Schembeans moving their weekly reservation over. That's a lot of money lost right there.

-Have 2 tix for Florida Saturday, but also concerned about the tip time & LivePD. As someone who watches Cops reruns 7 days per week, and has forever, it's hard to put into words how much I love that show & what it's meant to me & my boring weekend nights. I pregame for it & everything.

-UNC was granted 3 gifts on that final play Saturday, there was just no way they were going to lose.

-For some reason, nobody wants to acknowledge Villanova is INDEED the #1 team, instead just waiting for Duke, Sparty, Zona, etc to finally gain their footing. My other Wildcats have it all. #Jay

-Will definitely be weird next year not seeing LaChance and Fisher-Davis running around out there...those dudes are infinity players. Drew has 2 Top 10 5-stars coming in next year, along with a lot of other help, this season was a throwaway for them from the beginning.

-Glad to see most finally recognizing what my dog Gabriel brings to the squad. :smiley: He did get back to hesitating a bit on a few jumpers Saturday, which takes his percentage from about 60% down to near 0. Be ready to shoot & let it fly without hesitation big fella.

-Need a NashVEGAS recap from SAE this morning plz & thx.

Last edited:
Reactions: roguemocha
He's great at getting hands on balls.

I'm not a huge fan of the risk involved on his patented "strip the rebound" move he pulls 90 feet from the basket, but he's damn good at it -- particularly after a missed free throw.

Started to chuckle when Gabriel started talking shit to that dude he threw the ball off after blocking his shot.

Love his attitude. He just seems so happy go lucky. Probably because he’s from Sudan and he fully appreciates all that comes with playing at a place like Kentucky.
Big fan of when you have the opportunity to just grab the ball out of the air but decide to just swat it 5 rows back. You lose the possession but the guy will always think about it in the future. Kind of the whole, you give a man fish...vs teaching him to fish.

Shorts:

- SGA is really our best player- on both ends- and it’s not even close right now. Right now, I’d go:

1. SGA
2. Washington
3. Knox
4. Diallo
5. Gabriel

- I hate the NFL but its postseason may be second only to March Madness on my power rankings. Much of it has to do simply with Saturday games. CFB is great too, and probably #2 if you count the conference championship games.

- Give me the benefits of hiring painters as opposed to doing it myself. Please.

- Good for Minnesota. Sports are made for seeing moments like that live. No dog in the fight and I was up in the screen. Tortured fanbase and good guy coach with a shot at the Super Bowl.

Shorts:

- SGA is really our best player- on both ends- and it’s not even close right now. Right now, I’d go:

1. SGA
2. Washington
3. Knox
4. Diallo
5. Gabriel

- I hate the NFL but its postseason may be second only to March Madness on my power rankings. Much of it has to do simply with Saturday games. CFB is great too, and probably #2 if you count the conference championship games.

- Give me the benefits of hiring painters as opposed to doing it myself. Please.

- Good for Minnesota. Sports are made for seeing moments like that live. No dog in the fight and I was up in the screen. Tortured fanbase and good guy coach with a shot at the Super Bowl.

How many #2’s is that?

Painting is a pain in the ass. If you can afford it, hire professionals. I’m sure Anth has a guy. If you want to do it yourself, make sure you buy the blue tape, or you’ll screw it up.

Saw Molly’s game yesterday. Pretty good. Something about that redhead man, Shew.

Vikings game was insane. Felt bad for my little cajun buddy, but damn.

I don't have a painter but yes, as far as DIY stuff goes, painting is BY FAR the worst.

Feel like a loser for hiring a painter for 1 room but then I do it and it sucks and looks like crap.

After Shai, we really have no idea who (if any one) will contribute on any given night and that's a huge problem that I am hoping against hope will be solved simply by young kids learning on the fly.

I find it problematic that there is not spectacular talent that is waiting to be unleashed. Terrence Jones, for instance, was always a bit of a knucklehead at UK but he had obvious NBA talent even when he sucked on the college court. It was just a matter of getting his head on straight and unleashing him against inferior opponents.

I don't see a single player on this team with the ability of Terrence Jones, and he is, at best, barely a top 10 Cal player at UK.

I just don't see it with this team. Cal can coach his ass off, but this style of program management only works if Cal is consistently bringing in ultra-talented Top 5ish prospects every year.

This is a team full of Charles Matthews being fed into a BBN system meant to make John Walls shine.

If we got to see this exact team with Gabriel as a junior and the freshmen as sophomores, we'd be awesome. But it won't happen. Cal is going to have to adjust to Duke poaching his honeyhole and come up with something different because this is just not working.

Cal is going to have to adjust to Duke poaching his honeyhole and come up with something different because this is just not working.

I mean, seems kind of weird talking about Cal’s honeyhole.

And this, on the day the Cranberries lead singer dies.

Last edited:
Cal is going to have to adjust to Duke poaching his honeyhole and come up with something different because this is just not working.

iu

Think we may finally be moving sometime in the next 2-4 weeks. Been wanting to do it for years. Back in 2015 we came thisclose to becoming neighbors with the llamas but life intervened, thankfully. Instead of hiring movers I plan on renting a dumpster and throwing away 90% of my belongings. Such a nice feeling to throw things away rather than pack and organize them.

Think we may finally be moving sometime in the next 2-4 weeks. Been wanting to do it for years. Back in 2015 we came thisclose to becoming neighbors with the llamas but life intervened, thankfully. Instead of hiring movers I plan on renting a dumpster and throwing away 90% of my belongings. Such a nice feeling to throw things away rather than pack and organize them.
You should throw away your laptop.

Suck it, rax.

-Tell you what, pretty choice seats for old SAE down at Memorial Gym. What a weird place, though.

-I haven't sat that close at a UK game in years, but I'd forgotten how damn impressive these guys actually are athletically. And to that end, how much more talented UK was than Vandy. Striking in person, really.

-I paint everything and am good at it. I enjoy. I'll be painting every room, bathroom, and closet in the upstairs of the new house next week.

-Nashville was meh, as usual. I honestly have nothing interesting to say about it. Every dullard within 200 miles that has a bachelor degree and pair of cowboy boots obviously WORSHIPS, though. So there's that.

-Agree with spending money on movers. No brainer.

-Just keeping winning.

So SAE was ready to walk barefoot through the snow for Stag weekend in Nashvegas, and all we get is meh, dullards.

K.

Reactions: Col. Angus
So SAE was ready to walk barefoot through the snow for Stag weekend in Nashvegas, and all we get is meh, dullards.

K.

Was it better than staying home and being sober? Yes. We watched the loser Titans at some shitbin where people could still smoke. That was fun for nostalgic reasons. They sold Bushwackers.

Found a painter in Louisville who charges about $75 per room and does a great job. Sure, he and his crew look like they'll shank you at any time, and I don't understand how he makes any money, but he's always been pleasant around me and it's not my job to figure out his fiances. As long as he stays out of prison, I'll never paint anything again in my life.

Hiring painters if fun because it challenges perceptions, IMO.

You would think painters, by necessity, would be some of the neatest craftsmen in the world. Boy howdy, as it turns out, they are not!

We sat right behind a solo guy at the game that has apparently had season tickets there (8 rows up, midcourt) forever. Early 50's. Kept the score on his own notepad. a DIEHARD Vandy basketball fan. Throughout the game he just kept shaking his head and muttering how things were "bullshit," or a "F-ng joke," or "of course," to nearly any call against Vandy or bad play. It was awesome. I wish I started recording him when LaChance was missing those 3 free throws. I mean he was touching LIVID. Reminded me of a diehard UK football fan watching us against a competent SEC opponent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT