ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Cal is orchestrating this Vanderbilt comeback with doctors/trainers and his family and it’s not just in Vanderbilt’s hands alone right now. Cal said his preference was to ease him back in for a few minutes at home. I’m not of the belief Vanderbilt is touching around with us, if anything it’s Cal protecting him.
Normally I'd agree, but then why is Cal passive-aggressively roasting him in his comments? Matt Jones, who would know has essentially said the kid is ready and coaches are wondering why he's not out there. This is the most logical conclusion, but if it's true that Cal and Vanderbilt are on the same page there are things that don't add up.

If Cal is protecting him then what’s with all the cryptic/weird comments & call outs? Did you not see Cal’s comments after the game?

Why not just say “he’s not quite ready”?
No clue, why the BS about Green. He’s been acting a little Billy G’ish about this stuff for some reason.

Why not? Diallo didn't want to hurt his draft stock by coming in mid-year and looking bad. It certainly seems like Vanderbilt could play but there is resistance coming from somewhere (where exactly remains to be seen) trying to keep him from playing this year and hurting his draft stock.
Because I don’t think Cal or anyone else with lick of sense thought throwing a HS kid who had no idea what he was doing, and still mostly doesn’t, would help our team. Diallo would have been a clustertouch last year...he would have hurt himself and the team.

Vanderbilt isn’t going lotto without playing this year, he might not go first round...so it’s not like he is protecting some elite draft status. And this team could certainly use him.

He said last game that he wants Vanderbilt to get his first minuets at home. I mean.
I think that was an ultimatum, personally. It’s not like if Vanderbilt said today, “I’m ready to go” Cal is telling him no. And if he did, he would certainly say so to make the kid look good and put it on him.

Even if Vanderbilt is delaying I'm not that mad. Foot injuries have cost basketball players lots of money over the years.
It’s apparent he’s going to play very soon. This is not a dog and pony show to go through layup lines at games and not ever play. This has been a gradual process from the start. I say we him against Florida at home for 5-10 minutes.

I’d have taken a one point win over Vandy on the road in ‘96 or ‘15 so really happy tonight.

Reactions: Col. Angus
The whole thing is odd AF and I want some closure ASAP, regardless. Sick of it.

Gabriel -- man. Winning 50/50's, securing late rebounds, swatting guys, and even *gasp* creating offense attacking off the dribble. What? Unreal.

- PJ Washington is an effing pro at "accidentally" having the ball shoot off an extremity of his after it goes thru our net. Completely negates any thought the opposing team has of a quick inbounds and push. I see you, big fella.

- Eff Vandy forever and always. That place is a snake pit. Don't take a W there for granted, ever.

- Good job, Hawai'i!!

If Vanderbilt doesn't play this year and then bounces for the draft for the barest hope of going first round, he's going to go in the Daniel Orton / Darnell Dodson dustbin of BBN history.

It’s really pretty simple. JV is cleared, people outside of the program are telling him not to play, it’s not in sync with Cal and it pisses him off.

Hami always had a plan and Cal seemed cool with it, which makes me cool with it.

Really, I just don’t want to ever see Brad get meaningful minutes again so it pisses me off.

Reactions: UK-BILL
Cal has done this with injuries the entire time. Stop trying to be cute and making something out of nothing.

"He didn't practice yesterday," Calipari said. "Did a little bit of stuff. I haven't been in there yet to see, but I would guess he'll be a game-time decision."

Reactions: cawoodsct
Bottom line is you’re an idiot if you risk your 4th foot injury in a meaningless college game, especially for a team like this one. Cal knows that. He doesn’t owe the media or fans shit.

Someone ask Cal wtf Nick Richards’ deal is.

Reactions: anthonys735
It’s really pretty simple. JV is cleared, people outside of the program are telling him not to play, it’s not in sync with Cal and it pisses him off.

Hami always had a plan and Cal seemed cool with it, which makes me cool with it.

Really, I just don’t want to ever see Brad get meaningful minutes again so it pisses me off.
Telling him not to play but go ahead and get dressed, go through the layup line and in general touch with the program, his teammates he’s practicing with, Cal and UK fans? Not buying it at all. If they are telling him to not play then we won’t see him all year. We will see him soon.

Man, watching Robert Williams struggle on Texas A&M this year is rough stuff. Obviously the dude wanted to stay there because he didn't even put his name in to test the waters, but that guy was projected lotto in a loaded draft.

Last year that guy was the best player on the floor when we won at their place, just making ridiculous plays on both sides of the ball and now he's just another guy on a team.

Telling him not to play but go ahead and get dressed, go through the layup line and in general touch with the program, his teammates he’s practicing with, Cal and UK fans? Not buying it at all. If they are telling him to not play then we won’t see him all year. We will see him soon.
Cool, then I guess Cal is just being a passive-aggressive jerk for no reason at all. Noted.

Man, watching Robert Williams struggle on Texas A&M this year is rough stuff. Obviously the dude wanted to stay there because he didn't even put his name in to test the waters, but that guy was projected lotto in a loaded draft.

Last year that guy was the best player on the floor when we won at their place, just making ridiculous plays on both sides of the ball and now he's just another guy on a team.

Biggest lock of the year that he would hurt his overinflated draft stock.

Guarantee Kennedy’s shadyass sandbagged him.

Western KY high school basketball looks pretty solid. Airball on a 15 foot jumper followed by a pass off the refs head, we need to recruit more instaters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT