ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joel-Justus.jpg

If Zion goes to Clemson can we please cut bait at the end of the year with this in over his head fool? Go cut your teeth elsewhere.
:chairshot:

We should be able to get all the quality bigs we want...

Demarcus Cousins
Anthony Davis
Karl Anthony-Towns

That's a pretty strong effing resume in recent years. 25/10 guys in the NBA with $100+ million contracts.

I mean...

And then guards...John Wall, Eric Bledsoe, Brandon Knight, Devin Booker, Jamal Murray, De'Aaron Fox, Malik Monk, etc.

Don't be stupid people.

- Hate to find myself anywhere close to agreeing with Rogue but I've been running our demo van around Ocala and Gainesville this week. Long johns, heat on full blast and even the Massholes living down in Florida now think this weather can get pumped. Will note, we're talking the 30's, not 55. Florida undoubtedly turns you into a cold weather pussy.

- Couldn't agree more with most of Clark's takes on Italy. We were a little underwhelmed with the food in Rome. We had some great meals but unless you know where to go, there seemed to be enough outsider owned restaurants parading as authentic Italian cuisine that look great until you sit down and see the cook is the same guy that was driving your cab earlier.

That said, we were so tired after each day from walking and sight seeing that I would have been fine with eating Skittles and get an extry hour of sleep.

- 29 points. Please keep running your shitbird mouths you awful, no tradition having, line beard sporting POS gaffots. Even saw some of their losers trying to dick-ride UCF football because what UCF did this year is the same as what UL did beating UF in the Sugar Bowl. UL fans are overall the worst people on the planet. F each and everyone of those cawksuckers.

- NFL Playoffs this weekend! Only watch NFL anymore because the Falcons aren't complete suck but after the game Saturday, it's going to be nice to going back to hating sports and hoping Minny's stadium collapses on Tom Brady. Am a geeked for the Jags. Like being in a city that is finally getting to enjoy some bonus football and stepping up to sellout their playoff game in minutes. And they're my dark horse to the SB because their defense may be good enough to overcompensate for Bortles being so awful.

JOEL+JUSTUS1.jpg

“Putting Joel in a position to really attack and establish us with some young kids — at least have our presence known with young kids — I thought was important,” Cal said.

We should be able to get all the quality bigs we want...

Demarcus Cousins
Anthony Davis
Karl Anthony-Towns

That's a pretty strong effing resume in recent years. 25/10 guys in the NBA with $100+ million contracts.

I mean...

And then guards...John Wall, Eric Bledsoe, Brandon Knight, Devin Booker, Jamal Murray, De'Aaron Fox, Malik Monk, etc.

Don't be stupid people.
You're right and we've already done that.

Keldon Johnson #6
Immanuel Quickly #10
James Wiseman #1 in 2019 but will be 2018 top 4

I think UK exposes Zion to something more important but to act like going to Clemson is going to hurt him is ignorant. Only thing it hurts is his ability to win a title. He'll be able to shoot 50 times a game if he wants.

Nobody is saying it's going to hurt him to go to Clemson, it's just f$&@ing stupid, Clemson sucks. He would have a great showcase and huge role at UK and be part of a great college legacy, it makes no damn sense.

How likely is wiseman classifying?

Nobody is saying it's going to hurt him to go to Clemson, it's just f$&@ing stupid, Clemson sucks. He would have a great showcase and huge role at UK and be part of a great college legacy, it makes no damn sense.

Did you think the same thing when Tim Couch decided to stay home to play college football at UK?

Reactions: Touch_Em_All

How likely is wiseman classifying?
He says no, but he also can't declare and play on his circuit(or whatever). For some reason he has to wait until that is over.

I don't remember an instance that one of these top prospects could move up and decided to stay in high school.

The good thing about Zion going to Clemson(if he does) is that it's not a blueblood that's gonna turn into a contender overnight. He's not a primary ballhandler like TRAE, so he's less likely to be able to put a team squarely on his back and carry them to a Final Four. Let him play there instead of a place where he could round out a contender, like UNC/Duke/KU, etc.

Re: Lamar Jackson

-I love that rumblings came out this week that he's coming back only to pull the rug out. Rough week for the Cards. 29 points, a beat up MSU team shocks them, Kevin Stallings turns them into a national joke(again) and Lamar dick teases them.

-Also, if Jurich is still there 100% that Lamar returns.

Good for Lamar. Will never forget them bullying Michael Bush into coming back and was the most uncomfortable press conference for that kind of thing ever. He looked like he was ready to cry and then goes out the next season and gets his leg broken against us. Still had a pro career but they cost him money.

Tim Couch made a horrendous decision in signing up to play football for Bill Curry. I mean that was an all-time dumbass decision.

I did actually

And yet, Tim Couch is now and forever a hero in the Commonwealth.

Zion can stay at home and be a hero or come to UK and be the next Julius Randle. He'll be a lottery pick either way.

Does he want to be THE MAN, or does he want to compete against other good players and get better every day in practice?

[thumb2][thumb2][thumb2]
OT: MCF Sighting!!!

I mean Tim Couch, IMO has a fantastic NFL career.

Healthy, wealthy, married to a PMOY. What more do you need in life?

Is Tim still doing color commentary for Raycom/Lincoln Financial/whatever football broadcasts? I don’t recall seeing him sweating on my television this past fall.

A former co-worker of mine who is Malysian and went to UK when Couch was there went to Thee Clubhouse with him back in the day. He told me Couch kept saying over and over to him "You red dog, you red"

That and Couch's Dad screaming "Suck My C@ck" at South Carolina fans while at a game when that rooster crows over the loud speaker at Williams-Brice are my 2 favorite Tim Couch stories.

Is Tim still doing color commentary for Raycom/Lincoln Financial/whatever football broadcasts? I don’t recall seeing him sweating on my television this past fall.

I saw him at a basketball game a few weeks ago, and from the looks of things, he's not doing anything but lifting weights and using the tanning bed.

He's actually pretty damn good in the booth, and I wish he'd get back to doing that, but he obviously doesn't need to do it.

Reactions: wcc31
Zion isn't going to be a hero at Clemson, he's going to be an afterthought. That program and fan base doesn't really give a shit about basketball.

Being THE MAN isn't always what's best for your draft stock either. Take a look at Malik Newman, LeBryan Nash, Myles Turner, Stephen Zimmerman and others. If those guys had decided to be a piece of a puzzle instead of THE MAN they wouldn't have had to average video game numbers in order to get drafted high (or at all). Our guys are allowed to have kind of shitty stats and still get drafted high because of how many good players we have.

Zion can stay at home and be a hero or come to UK and be the next Julius Randle. He'll be a lottery pick either way.

Does he want to be THE MAN, or does he want to compete against other good players and get better every day in practice?

Or maybe he goes to Clemson and gets better each day and is the next Horace Grant or Trevor Booker?

You be dumb.

While you can certainly make it as a high pick as THE star at non-traditional power (Ben Simmons, Markelle Fultz, Jaylen Brown, probably Trae Young, etc.), you can also bust like the guys Chase listed. Also, you can go to a power school as a top recruit (Marques Bolden, Cliff Alexander, Chieck Diallo, etc.) and not make it, or you could become Karl Towns or Marvin Bagley.

The point is nobody knows shit and the kid should just play basketball wherever the hell he wants to play basketball and let everything work itself out.

(But it would probably best if Zion came to Kentucky.)

Richie's hate of Justus is my hatboggan. He went to my rival high school and I went to UNCW while he was there. Nice enough dude.

And for some more ammo for Richie, Clemson's coach was UNCW's while Justus was there and played.

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT