ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bowl game... underdog... had given up 300+ yards rushing... qb taped together with gauze and sticks... Benny not around... 3 yards away from winning a game you had no business winning...

Yeah, I'm ok with going for 2.

You and pti's BS reminds me of this:

Going for 2 was a fine decision, especially considering that you still have the chance to get the onside kick, albeit small, and that you may have to convert one in overtime anyway.

Hey Austin do onside kick.

^ maybe works?

Hey Austin just kick the piss out of it.

^ what we did

And, remarkably, stoops wasn’t even the dumbest HC on the field. Was actually almost proud of the ginger idiot. Hell, give em a raise and a new 500million weight room. Why not.

By the way, why does Jordan Jones play? I admit I’m not a football so maybe he does non-dumb stuff that I don’t see. What I do see is a guy that overruns plays, gets out of position, makes tackles 3 to 4 yards from where he should be making them and gets dumbass penalties.

Brown is better, imo.

By the way, why does Jordan Jones play? I admit I’m not a football so maybe he does non-dumb stuff that I don’t see. What I do see is a guy that overruns plays, gets out of position, makes tackles 3 to 4 yards from where he should be making them and gets dumbass penalties.

Brown is better, imo.

Because of recruiting in Ohio.

I just can’t get over this. We are *three* yards from victory, and Wayne Dougan thinks it’s significantly easier to essentially play a much better team straight up in a sudden death match. Jesus Christ, dude.

Reactions: catholic_back
Wayne seems to forget we didn’t have our starting RB and each possession starts at the 25. Which without Benny means we were passing every down because King is shit, and SJ strength isn’t passing in congested areas as we would have been facing.

Overall strategically it was absolutely the call, but the play was not executed at all as Johnson was supposed to get his defender to get picked off and be open in the flat. It did not happen correctly so SJ went with the possession guy but was 2 feet behind him.

Considering we were down 10 with 7 minutes to play and the way the season went I’m happy we didn’t quit and we’re in a position to win.

- just finally watched the basketball game, and my only complaint is what is wrong with wearing traditional color shoes?

WTF are we allowing these hipsters to wear yellow/purple or green/red and even worse against UL one of our future NBA studs decided solid UL red shoes was the way to go.

We are blue and white, but black is acceptable as an alternate “I need to be different” look.

WTF are we allowing these hipsters to wear yellow/purple or green/red and even worse against UL one of our future NBA studs decided solid UL red shoes was the way to go.

1p2xPP.So.79.jpeg

Brown is better, imo.
Overran his gap on 3 of the explosive run plays. He’s a complete idiot.

Considering the refs stole the game from us I'm proud of the team.

After the Louisville debacle, I'm as happy with Stoops as I could possibly be in a loss.

Stoops was actually calm and composed for once. He didn't turned purple and loss his shit and start making decisions out of anger. That was good to see. It does suck that this was the one time that losing his shit and screaming at the refs until he got tossed would have been absolutely justified.

Although, it would have been kind of fun to see Eddie Gran coach for a half and see what happens.

Perusing their board, these Louisville clowns really believe Chris Mack is a shoe-in to take their dumpster fire of a job if he’s offered (big IF Stevens, Donovan and Wright turn them down). [laughing]

Their delusions never cease to amaze me.

No one is taking that job until the NCAA sanctions are certain.

At this point, there is a small chance the NCAA might give them the death penalty next year and there might not even be a team to coach.

Reactions: legalbeagle123
It might actually be perfect for us if they got destroyed through ACC play, then with two games left in the regular season started playing better and won the ACC tournament. Then they played a close game in the tournament and got bounced.

There would be some people that would consider giving Padgett the job full time, and that would be amazing.

Reactions: Hankshaker
They’re in a precarious situation. They have to hire someone this Spring but the results from the FBI & NCAA investigations won’t be finalized by then. Any top candidate is obviously going to want to know what they’re working with.

I respect their die hard fans who go back to Denny and even Peck Hickman. They’ve added a ton of “I’m here for the party” type of fans since Pitino and then the YUM opening. It’ll be really interesting to watch these folks check out over the course of the next 3-5 years when they’re going to be really bad and of course attendance will take a huge hit. Then we’re looking at UK vs IU in YUM.

Also so UL fans are now saying Trent Johnson is calling all the shots to shelter Padgett.

I didn't realize Trent Johnson was on their staff until yesterday. Why didn't they just hire him as head coach?

So far as lame ducks go, Louisville could do a lot worse than Trent Johnson. And it would save them from putting Padgett in an impossible situation for his first head coaching gig.

Last edited:
He may not be a lock, but I can see Mack as their next head coach. I would rather they strike out on like 5 candidates before having to settle for a Kermit Davis or a King Rice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT