ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not mad about going for 2...showed some balls.

But our defense was stopping them. Seems like we had the momentum goin to OT and with a superior kicker.

I don’t think the 2 pt conversion was the right call

• They’re on their second string QB
  • They haven’t scored on offense in the 2nd half
  • We had the momentum
  • Their kicker sucks
  • Ours is awesome

Terrible call. Stoops sucks.

Our quarterback isn't very accurate, but he's got decent wheels, and balls of steel. Let's make him thread the needle like a surgeon with the game on the line.

Going for two to win is *never* a bad call, unless you’re a total pussy.

TS.

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen posted on here.

Sometimes it IS a good idea to go for two, and sometimes it isn't.

Simpletons apply a strict rule, regardless of the context.

I'm a little surprised that this actually has to be spelled out for some of you.

My word...

You go for two if you think the odds of getting the 2 pt conversion is better than winning in OT. I think the 2 pt conversion was at best 50-50, while I think we’d win 2 out of 3 in OT given their circumstances.

tenor.gif

Yeah but what really might have been here? The spoils and respect of a Music City Bowl victory?

I realized the above when trying to explain the meaning of this game to my CFB-ignorant fiancé earlier.

Meant that more in the sense of we're always saying what might have been with UK football, not that we would have brought home a gigantic victory today.

I’m actually cool with Stoops and the staff on this one. Pretty big underdogs combined with that dumpster fire officiating performance would normally equal a blowout for us. 11 men on the field at all times and we didn’t throw any trash cans. Baby steps.

Would have preferred OT, but whatever...no Benny and SJ was probably a hit away from certain death. Take your shot I guess.

And SGA is carrying a BMF wallet.

You go for two if you think the odds of getting the 2 pt conversion is better than winning in OT. I think the 2 pt conversion was at best 50-50, while I think we’d win 2 out of 3 in OT given their circumstances.

Bowl game... underdog... had given up 300+ yards rushing... qb taped together with gauze and sticks... Benny not around... 3 yards away from winning a game you had no business winning...

Yeah, I'm ok with going for 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT