ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cider> eggnog. But I do like an occasional eggnog.

Miracle whip is disgusting.

Can’t remember the last time I had a pb/j. But creamy>crunchy.

My favorite Tony is Tony Soprano.

I have no time for white chocolate.

QUOTE="Mashburned, post: 6432316, member: 8276"]sammich

peanut-butter-jelly-sandwich-.jpg
[/QUOTE] Did a woman take that bite?

Question about those poor, poor billionaires down at Berea, because I can't get an answer from the news. The nex tax bill assesses a 1.4% tax on earnings from private college endowments. So Berea, who has a $1B endowment, is crying poor because when the make 10% this year ($100M), they'll have to cut a $1.4M check to Uncle Sam? Is that what these people are complaining about?

Probably, but you need to put a spin on it. The end of days. Massive layoffs. Destroying the economy. Bankrupting underprivileged students. Decimating the education system. Stealing precious resources from a philanthropic institution to line the pockets of the top .001%.

Etc.

Question about those poor, poor billionaires down at Berea, because I can't get an answer from the news. The nex tax bill assesses a 1.4% tax on earnings from private college endowments. So Berea, who has a $1B endowment, is crying poor because when the make 10% this year ($100M), they'll have to cut a $1.4M check to Uncle Sam? Is that what these people are complaining about?

Berea College owns at least 2 diamond mining companies in Africa.

-berea just built a 30+ million dollar science building. They have spent millions more on dorms and other capital improvements over the last few years. They will be ok.

Trashing Subway is the perfect example of the GYERO elitie pretentiousness. It's a damn sandwich, nothing more....doesn't matter if it is a potted meat on wheat from Thornton's...it's still a sandwich. Most of the taste buds from this crew are pretty much decayed from their normal daily disgusting habits, so distinguishing from a Subway club and a souse on rye is out of their league.

I’ve reluctantly become a Subway connoisseur, only because I drive so much for work in rural areas where my only other options are Wendy’s/McDonald’s/Popeyes. It’s shit.

Under “normal” circumstances (like being in an area with actual choices), there’s absolutely no reason to eat there.

And UKO is a dork.

Reactions: UKraziest
-Didn't realize that Berea is essentially tuition free but the endowment thing is unbelievable. Gladwell gets into this on one of his podcasts. Great listen.

-I am all for giving the gubment more money. Speaking of billions, the shinning example of gubment efficiency USPS, is going have a 2.2 billion dollar loss this year. Only 11 years running of billion+ loses. Essentially the Cleveland Browns of shipping world. I think 2018 is the year they turn it around.

Meanwhile, UPS made 2 billion... last Qtr.

-Why schedule a game in NOLA 2 days before XMAS? :mad:

Reactions: parrott
Gladwell’s first pod series was pretty good, the smugness of his second was too much to bear for me...and I’m not just pouting about his golf take.

I’m also willing to pay a small premium for someone other than a meth head or a suspected terrorist to prepare my lunch.

But that’s just me.

"Doesn't matter if it's potted meat on wheat from thortons" does anyone know WTF this sentence even means? What doesn't matter? The taste of food? I'm not even sure what that sentence means or what the actual point was.

One of the people I work with just opened her second subway and the redesign is pretty drastic - couldn't even tell it was a subway from the pictures. Don't plan on eating there ever because the smell alone makes me nauseous but I'm sure lots of excited teenagers and UKO (assuming he's not eating canned sardines in a pita) will be excited by the new look.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
Potted meat sandwiches at Thornton's sound pretty disgusting. Not sure they offer those. The ham-n-cheese Boscos are pretty dope though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT