ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
International plan isn't a "must", unless your job requires you to be connected 24/7, or you need to be able to receive texts from ABH rooting for UCLA and talking shit about Kentucky all week. I'd highly recommend *not* getting the international plan, in fact.

We stopped getting it a few years ago, and as someone who's addicted to the internet/twitter, it's a nice little disconnect.

You will still have Wifi access at most any restaurant, bar, shop that you visit as well as your resort...which means you'll still have access much of the time (although the connection may be shaky) if you really need it.

Turn your phone on Airplane Mode & profit.

Last edited:
Maybe it's just me but I was pretty pleased with the Cats' performance against a good VA Tech this weekend. Knox looked like a smooth-ass pro in the 2nd half picking his spots all over the floor to attack, Hami hitting *big* shots and Washington quietly averaging 10/5 now...

Still worried about our high ball screen D and that rests on the shoulders of Quade. He's too important offensively to keep off the floor because he 1) makes shots 2) he's not a ball-stopper and 3) makes shots.... but damn when we get into conference play teams are going to be relentless. They're going to pick on him ad nauseam and make him eat it. He's not physical enough to fight over the top or fast enough to go underneath and close out.

It'll be up to Cal to pick and choose when to go solely with Shai...His foot-speed isn't elite either but he at least has the defensive instincts and length to make up for it...

Ball screens, y'all. Get ready. Young frosh dealing with the utter shit SEC road games/atmosphere/officiating with an inability to keep people out of the lane via the dribble will make for a tough Jan/Feb. Just saying.

Still like the upside, tho. My hope is just get to March within reach of a realistic 2-3 seed and lessssssgo.

I love Shai as a player and hate him as our point guard. He's got to be on the court, tho.

We've got to essentially run Quade - Shai - Hamidou 95% of the time at the 1, 2, and 3. I thought we'd be more interchangeable but we aren't and that is that.

One of the absolute greatest things about our honeymoon was the fact that we had no cell service or reception what so ever. Any opportunity to travel and disconnect from the world and the dopamine infused clicks of whatever should be taken full advantage of. Will allow you to enjoy the moment and each other one million times more.

International plan isn't a "must", unless your job requires you to be connected 24/7, or you need to be able to receive texts from ABH rooting for UCLA and talking shit about Kentucky all week. I'd highly recommend *not* getting the international plan, in fact.

We stopped getting it a few years ago, and as someone who's addicted to the internet/twitter, it's a nice little disconnect.

You will still have Wifi access at most any restaurant, bar, shop that you visit as well as your resort...which means you'll still have access much of the time (although the connection may be shaky) if you really need it.

Turn your phone on Airplane Mode & profit.
Exactly. If you're on a sight seeing vacation and need google, maps, trip advisor then totally different story. If you're getting away and will only casually need data then I'd skip. Especially if you're going to have wifi.

^You can download Google Maps into an 'offline' file ahead of time that you can use without having to bleed data.

We did that for each of the islands we visited on our cruise last month even though I have international plan on my work phone (THANKS, JAPAN).

Big.

Last edited:
Surprises about this year's basketball team as December starts to close:
  1. Quade Green is a terrible (TURRIBLE) defender. I thought he'd be one of those tough Northeast dudes who just instinctively was a tough-nosed defender. Nope.
  2. PJ Washington sort of sucks right now. I thought he'd be our best player. Nope.
  3. We really only have 6 guys who can play. (I don't count Gabriel, because c'mon). We need Vanderbilt in a bad way.
Things that aren't surprising:
  1. Kevin Knox is awesome and has a ton of Tayshaun Prince (offensively) in his game.
  2. Gabriel is awful.
  3. We literally have no idea what we are getting at the 5 spot on a given night. Some days Richardson looks like a top 5 pick and some days he looks like Dakota Euton.

-If you keep your cash wadded up, crumpled in your pocket and without any system of distinguishing where a $20 or a $1 would likely be, I automatically assume that’s pretty much how everything in your life is. That’s always bugged me for some reason.

-PS4 is pretty dope. Only have Battlefront and haven’t even got online with it yet.

I mean, I know blind people will fold their money in different ways to keep it straight...

Can't say I've ever paid attention to how people keep their cash on their person. Although, what you describe sounds like how a child would carry their money.

Reactions: roguemocha
Knox has so much Tayshaun to his game, right down to his slo-mo vibe and floaters. Eerily reminiscent.

Loved Diallo wanting the ball that badly.

Fun little team we got here. Really need to Washington and Richards to get it together but better than I expected so far.

Agree with Geese on SEC play. We’re going to drop 4-5.

Reactions: Hankshaker
Sorry guess I have to add a F’ing ;) to my posts these days. Losers.

How good can this team be? Michigan State is, to me, the best team out there and they are very good but not overwhelming.

I like our squad but it sure as hell is a lot worse than expected, to be honest.

DRWkN41W0AAFM9P.jpg

Reactions: IsRichieGonnaStart
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT