ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outside of tailgating and golf scrambles, today is my biggest day drinking day of the year.

Wife and kids are gone all day shopping. There' leftovers and the remnants of a case if Miller Lite in the fridge, and football is on today.

Fellas, life doesn't get any better than this.

^No idea how anyone goes “shopping” anymore and even more so how malls still exist, at all.

I mean, I’m sure Dad appreciates it, but why do something that’ll take hours when you can do it in ten minutes at home in your underwear.

Reactions: wildcatadam6
Last year online accounted for a whopping 7% of all retail sales. Although that number is obviously going to continue to grow people acting like all brick and mortar is going to die are just being overly reactionary like everything else nowadays. Going out shopping is just as much social as it is finishing errands for lots of people, going to a nice outdoor mall during xmas (like the brand new fritz farm in Lexington) is fun and entertaining, you guys that enjoy sitting in your sweats shopping at home are not the majority of shoppers believe it or not.

going to a nice outdoor mall during xmas (like the brand new fritz farm in Lexington) is fun and entertaining

Taking a lazy stroll in the late afternoon on a chilly day, hot beverage in hand, gawking at lights and displays with family or friends is quite a different thing that camping out all night, abandoning your family on a day built around such a gathering, getting into physical or verbal altercations with strangers at 4AM, etc., no?

Last year online accounted for a whopping 7% of all retail sales. Although that number is obviously going to continue to grow people acting like all brick and mortar is going to die are just being overly reactionary like everything else nowadays. Going out shopping is just as much social as it is finishing errands for lots of people, going to a nice outdoor mall during xmas (like the brand new fritz farm in Lexington) is fun and entertaining, you guys that enjoy sitting in your sweats shopping at home are not the majority of shoppers believe it or not.
Call me Norman Rockwell, but I would go with “the Saturday after Thanksgiving.”

Ron, how many years have the hens made you carry their bags and watch their carts as they shopped on Black Friday when you should’ve been home drinking beer and complaining about them shopping like idiots. Show us on the calendar where they hurt you.

If you think the people that are getting up at 3AM to go Black Friday shopping are doing it to save 15% off of dish soap I think you're being a little dense. Obviously there are weirdos who get off on that crap and the "event" of it, 2 of my wife's cousins did that at midnight last night and they have full access to the internet. BBC

Taking a lazy stroll in the late afternoon on a chilly day, hot beverage in hand, gawking at lights and displays with family or friends is quite a different thing that camping out all night, abandoning your family on a day built around such a gathering, getting into physical or verbal altercations with strangers at 4AM, etc., no?

Yep
It's sensual by design and sometimes tries for the nostalgia thing

More powerful motivator than we give credit for

But I do all Christmas shopping online

In most parts of America there's little else for people to do with themselves, Max.

That's the strongest case for brick and mortar retail, sad but true.
I mean to be fair, there’s probably not much out there less #smug than Black Friday so I guess I just have a hard time relating (for obvious reasons).

Reactions: rudd1 and SAECATFAN
Purdue has managed to lose to UT and Western KY and now play Zona who lost to NC State and SMU. One is going 0 for 3 in Atlantis. Wild.

Mark%20Richt%20Season%20Preview%202017FINAL

Reactions: anthonys735
I'm reasonably sure that Black Friday is the product of some brilliant business owner realizing that very few husbands and wives want to spend a day off together after having just managed to not kill each other on Thanksgiving Day.

It probably has a negative effect on the murder rate, tbh.

Reactions: roguemocha
Family golf outing today. Had a blast, men being men. My driver was on fire.

Saw Thor tonight, pretty good. Funnier than I thought it would be.

Nervous bout this game but F it, And F those dirty birds. I’ll be in the Blue lot early.

My biggest concern all along has been the majority of these guys dont respect stoops which is ultimately limiting.

Oh well Im up for today. Beat these aholes. Go Cats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT