ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kentucky @ Vanderbilt 11/11
Bengals @ Titans 11/12

Giddy Up

Pretty epic, legendary weekend for the true sports enthusiast.

In fact, it will likely become brandished with a historically revelevant Proper Noun distinction. Like Dwight Clark's "The Catch," or Christian Laettner's "The Shot."

"The Weekend."

-Watching the LLWS makes me want to be a Little League coach. Not necessarily of a bloodthirsty All-Star team like these, but of the ragtag bunch of losers that finally wins its last regular-season game then gets treated to Dairy Queen and dumps a blue raspberry Arctic Blast over my head in celebration.

-Chad, Kings of Leon is fine, but the opening act that night, Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats, they're outstanding. Pretty sure PTI was way out in front on that one. Would love to see them live.

-Zion or Cam, I don't care which, just give me one of them.

-Feeling a football roadie this Fall to a stadium on my bucket list. Thinking a random October/November game in South Bend. No love for the Domers, but would love to experience that place just once, especially with a chill in the air.

- (peaking at the camera) "Boys, just go out and have fun today. Win or lose, it doesn't matter because in my mind, you're all winners already. I love you all. God bless you."

Meanwhile, the kids are all looking at each other like who TF is this dude? Where's the redass who pitched me 11 innings a week and turned me into a rag arm?

- KOL is more than fine, brother. Been wanting to see them live for awhile now. But yeah, good opener too. Son of a bitch!!!!

- 1. Barrett 2. Zion 3. Reddish

- CFB Bucket List:

(already hit ND, Ohio State and Bama)

1. Tiger Stadium on a Louisiana Saturday night
2. The Big House
3. Happy Valley
4. The Rose Bowl
5. hell maybe Death Valley

Pretty epic, legendary weekend for the true sports enthusiast.

In fact, it will likely become brandished with a historically revelevant Proper Noun distinction. Like Dwight Clark's "The Catch," or Christian Laettner's "The Shot."

"The Weekend."

Background music by Kentucky's own...

It was pretty disappointing that the Cats battled through all those intense as hell games during that run only to come out and play scared as hell in the championship game. I barely remember that dunk by Young but I do remember clear as day the white dude he was supposed to be guarding nailing a big corner 3 because defense was a foreign concept to him.

It was pretty disappointing that the Cats battled through all those intense as hell games during that run only to come out and play scared as hell in the championship game. I barely remember that dunk by Young but I do remember clear as day the white dude he was supposed to be guarding nailing a big corner 3 because defense was a foreign concept to him.

Two times UConn has took a team playing beautiful basketball and turned the game into a rock fight. Hate those yankee bitches.

- My memory of that UConn game was that spin move flop being called a charge was as bullshit a call as has ever been called.

- Went and saw Wonder Woman yesterday. I too now worship Gal Gadot.

- Football season tickets yesterday. Huber giddy.

- I've always wanted to do a Nebraska Cornhuskers home game. Love those mid-90's teams up until Lawrence Psycho Phillips dragged his girl down a flight of stairs by her hair and still played. Was glad when they waxed Spurrier's team in the title game, though.

- Saw a video yesterday that one of the members of Pentatonix is from Owensboro and went to my high school. I had no idea, especially since I was barely aware of that group's existence anyway.

Reactions: HUBER and wcc31
The 2nd copperhead of the week met its demise this morning. The amount of striking blows I delivered to it with a shovel was a bit alarming in hindsight. One of those moments of panicked rage that we dont know we are even capable of until it happens.

One more sighting and house will be sold immediately.

Reactions: Stonewall12
Did they really play at UK?

Daniel Orton
Rekalin Simms
Kevin Galloway
Darnell Dodson
Matt Pilgrim
Alex Legion
Stacey Poole
Ryan Harrow
Charles Matthews
Jason Parker
Adam Chiles
Mo Williams

Feel free to add to this list.

* Edited to make Vern happy.

Last edited:
The 2nd copperhead of the week met its demise this morning. The amount of striking blows I delivered to it with a shovel was a bit alarming in hindsight. One of those moments of panicked rage that we dont know we are even capable of until it happens.

One more sighting and house will be sold immediately.

I mean, those things follow the food. Sure you don't have a rat/mouse problem?

I'll fight for Archie Goodwin. He busted his ass every night on a lackluster team. Did he make infuriating mistakes? Sure, he was a freshman, but at least he tried to make something happen. He and Polson were the only players who didn't give up against Robert Morris.

It's easy to love the guys who were on good teams but I have love and respect for anyone who has worn blue and busted their ass. That's all I ask. Archie did that. I got his back. No way he belongs on that list, 73. You should know better.

Has nothing at all to do with Chuck Hayes graduating -- Tubby quit recruiting.

Hayes played with: Tayshaun Prince, Rajon Rondo, Cliff Hawkins, Keith Bogans, BlueKel, Erik Daniels, Jurl Fitch, Patrick Sparks, Randolph Morris, Marquis Estill, Ramel Bradley, Joe Crawford.

The next 2 years we started Michael Porter, Bobby Perry, Sheray Thomas, Perry Stevenson, Ramon Harris, and I really don't want to keep going.

-Chuck Hayes was a damn good player, and he proved that further with his improbable (and pretty amazing) NBA career as a 6'5 PF. Whether he was a good player or not wasn't the topic.

Last edited:
Eh, Chuck Hayes wasn't the most fun to watch when he was here (except when he was dicing up defenses with interior passing with Erik Daniels like an effing surgeon) but he was sure as hell missed when he was gone.

Love that guy.

Reactions: roguemocha
Tayshaun Prince didn't do it for me. Other than his freshman year in 98-99, I didn't care for any other team he was a member of, especially Team Turmoil in 01-02. The most underachieving group ever to wear the Kentucky uniform.

Tayshaun Prince didn't do it for me. Other than his freshman year in 98-99, I didn't care for any other team he was a member of, especially Team Turmoil in 01-02. The most underachieving group ever to wear the Kentucky uniform.

Just tough for the likes of Prince, Bogans, Rondo, etc to get that Tubby stank off of them.

Reactions: IsRichieGonnaStart
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT