ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if today's will be as good as Friday, when Jen P hosts?
They are going from having hosts that have the most popular podcast in the country, to recruiting experts, national writers and radio guys... to JP. I assume someone backed out of that spot and they had to scramble

Stitcher sucks, use Overcast. Also todays KSR was the best one in a long time. I really dont know that bc I dont listen everyday, but the Barstool guys do a good job. I recognize their shtick isnt for everyone- but I find it a good listen. And knowing there are a lot of confused people hearing it and being uncomfortable, just makes it that much better. I would enjoy KSR a lot more if they got rid of Ryan Lemond and brought someone else in (not Drew Franklin). But even on the *big* radio days during tourney runs, and when UL news breaks- Lemond nearly makes it unlistenable. I'm putting my full support behind Barry Slice to take that spot.

If you didnt hear it today- the Stoops interview was pretty good. The Bo Pelini stories are gold. He just sounds like a maniac. I missed a few seconds of it but I believe Stoops was discussing living with Pelini and he cooked spaghetti o's every night for dinner. You dont get that kind of info on a lot of programs.
I can't decide if I like their style or not. I get it, sometimes its funny...but almost overkill in a way, if that makes any sense.

I can't decide if I like their style or not. I get it, sometimes its funny...but almost overkill in a way, if that makes any sense.
That's my biggest issue with them. The joke wears thin pretty quickly. And their delivery is not great

Last edited:
Oh they are way beyond overkill- which I guess is kind of the joke and you can really only handle it in smaller doses. Like today they played the Dan Cummins Chevy commercial, and immediately PFT mentioned that "Dan Cummins has to be Rick Pitino's favorite dealer." Thats a joke you would see on Rafters- and its the type of joke they live off of.

We can't underestimate how many meat head bro Boat types are out there in todays society.

Reactions: roguemocha
I'll tell you who you can't underestimate.

TJ9mh.So.79.jpeg

I'm a big PMT guy, obviously. I also watch the Barstool Rundown every day and enjoy the Pizza Reviews. Some of you are in good company. No worries.

Some of their old "athletic competition" stuff on YouTube is great, punt catching competitions, etc. A real GYERO Olympics-type deal.

- I just heard a bottle rocket with no "report." Who buys that kind and why are they sold in the first place. What a let down.

- Nelly was the first rapper to begin his tracks by humming. That was a ballsy move at the time. People forget that. (H/T Hannibal Buress).

Last edited:
Reactions: Midway Cat
Ryan Lemond does make it damn near unlistenable, and some days, full-on unlistenable.

I feel dumber every time I hear him speak. He adds absolutely nothing, except to parrot Matt and point out the obvious. I just don't get it.

My assumption is that Lemond appeals to Billy Joe Wildcat and balances out Matt Jones' intellectuality, hence why smart people hate Ryan Lemond.

No one ever went broke underestimating the public and Matt Jones doesn't seem like he's going broke.

As soon as I see the notification that KSR is downloading on my podcast app on Friday I may break my phone trying to delete it.

* Criticize Lemond all you want, but he's probably in the upper tier of realtors, normalness-wise.

* Per the USA Today today, the average new car in America is $35,368. The f***??

Lots of average ballers out there, imo.

* What in the world did the Knicks think they were getting when they hired Phil Jackson?? And why did they pay him $10 million a year to be cool, make an occasional trade, and throw in his 2 cents around the draft?

Professional sports are so stupid.

* Scooter Gennett hasn't even been a full time starter this year, and he's hitting .307 with 11 bombs and 40 rbi. Who is this guy?

* If the Republicans hate Obamacare so much, why don't they just repeal it like they've sworn they would for 5 years? Weird.

* Watched the College World Series the last couple of nights. It was cool to see bars packed with fans going ape manure over a sport you're not accustomed to following. Fun event to see. Those kids are all so aggressive on the basepaths, so animated, and so into the game. Good stuff.

* The Supreme Court is going to hear the New Jersey sports gambling appeal. This should be interested. What I lack in legal training I try to make up for with common sense, so I've never understood how on earth the only state in the entire country who can be allowed to take sports bets is Nevada.

* Per Darren Rovell = Phil Jackson made $60 million for 1,200 days worth of work with the Knicks. That's $50,000/day.

Reactions: Mashburned
Busy time for this ole' boy...shew.

*The end of each month is always busy as a group of asshole are trying to sell everything they can in order to hit their sales forecast and get a bonus. That wreaks havoc on us because you can basically throw whatever forecast that was supplied out of the window. Combine the end of the month with it being the end of their fiscal year, all hell breaks loose.

I get rewarded by working this weekend through the 5th of July. The company we are the 3PL provider for thought it be a great idea to do their fiscal at this time. AMERICA! This basically means I'll be working the following weekend trying to catch up.

However, in true GYERO style, being extremely busy for the next two months means I'll be in the Bahamas in three weeks. Going back to the Atlantis for the first time since my honeymoon. Already have a tee time at the Ocean Club.

*House starting to come together. New carpet being installed tomorrow through Saturday. Tiling in the basement almost done. Only thing left is some painting in our family room.

*My LSU co-worker is feeling like shit today. One too many watching the game last night. Almost feel bad for the Cajun.

*Women aren't as good at sports as men. Not really sure why its controversial. Sure, they could all whip my ass but I'm not at the top of my field. Bet I could B2B and eComm the holy shit out of them.

*I too have never understood the special right of gaming Nevada has. If NJ wins, all hell will break loose. Except for Kentucky. We will still be counting on horse racing and welfare scratch-offs for the next 50 years.

So ugh KSR has a new post pondering "How Much is too Much to Spend at the Katina Powell Store?" They link her website; basically giving a woman free advertising for pimping out her own children to underaged boys.

Matt if you're reading, take that shit down. She's an awful human being. Deserves to be in prison, but she is profiting off her crimes because some dumbass fans lack perspective.

Do you want her to go back to pimping her children (responsibly, while under parental supervision)? She's making a better life for herself. Buy a book or stfu.

Reactions: NotchLickKat
You know what, I've done a complete 180 on Meetch, that top-buttoning son of a gun -- especially after watching Louisville disintegrate in a cesspool of depravity.

Other than the Billy Clyde (indefensible but at least he fired him quickly) and Joker (defensible at the time) hires, the man has been an outrageous success. He isn't the most charismatic and he's a goofball, but he's pretty damn good at his job and you never have to worry about scandal or any other nonsense.

Still wish he'd undo the top button, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT