ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Learn Full House and Rice-a-roni commercials.

Damnit guys, it's Dead Period. Pick it up.

Going to Churchill Friday for Downs after Dark with my bestie and our wives . . . AND kids. I guess 9 and 7 are good enough ages for children to learn the sins of their fathers(?)

HOW BOUT THIS WEATHER THO!!!!

Shaved my face yesterday. I look better with a beard, that's for sure. The more my face is covered, the more attractive I am. Hoping for nearsightedness and corrective lenses soon.

Heading back to DrX's hometown of Hamburg July 11th for another professional development. Apparently the one I attended last year was just the first year of a multi-year training. Yippee! BTW, I will be beginning my 19th year of teaching this August.

Type something.

- I'm about two weeks away from pining for fall, but yeah this weather is awesome.

- Because of The Keepers, my future wife is refusing to raise our future children Catholic.

Reactions: Geese Feeder
* Jordan Spieth gets up-and-down on 18 to force a playoff, then holes out from the exact same spot to win in the first hole of sudden death. Also becomes the 2nd player to ever win 10 tournaments (Tiger) before age 24.

Imagine if he had a lot of talent. He'd be, like, soooo good.

-That finish was incredible. Love when a golfer gets lost in the moment and acts like a fool, doesn't really happen that often. About as hype as you'll ever see for a non-major event. Even Greller through the rake. [laughing]

-What a weather weekend. Need some REAL HEAT though so we can start really enjoying summer!!! [eyeroll]

-Pool both days, golf Sunday. Shoot 72 and still lose your Semifinal President's Cup (our singles match play) b/c you're giving strokes is always fun.

-Hit up the Bats game w/ some peeps Saturday evening. Hadn't been down there in ages -- the boy Vince Coleman was on hand to throw out the fist pitch, and it was a perfect night to be at the park. :fire: (have no clue who won)

Against The Grain is a nice spot, had never been. Love the open air feel, and the beers/drinks/snacks were great. Richie would have lost his mind at our lady hipster bartender, though. Me asking about "the beer on tap" tuned into a 10 minute speech before I had to cut her off.

-Hit the patio at The Grape Leaf last night for some Mediterranean food, place is unreal.

-I can see why people wouldn't, but I love 'Better Call Saul' -- 1st 2 episodes of S2 Master of None, not so much...

Last edited:
Thought the homie Daniel Berger had a W yesterday, with Spieth going pull-hook off a tree, and then dumping one into the lip of the bunker. Then he jars it to win of course, just how he drew it up.

2 big oak trees on the back yard got infested with some type of ants... so 2 80ft trees that are on a fence line, with power lines going through them, and no truck access... that estimate to get rid of them pretty much ruins my dreams of putting in the backyard pergola and koi pond.

New Isbell is really good. His best yet maybe.

We have conversations on children/religion pretty frequently. She grew up baptist (southern) and I'm obviously Catholic which is the best religion. So of course we go to a Methodist church. I can probably be persuaded to raise children Methodist or Presbyterian... but not baptist. And we certainly wont attend any of these 'Rock it Out!' concert churches. Glad it works for a lot of folks, just doesnt appeal to me.

Eric C Conn letting the authorities know he's fled the country is a bold move to throw them off the scent- since that idiot is definitely still in eastern Kentucky somewhere. Give him some credit- he's been on the lam longer than I thought.

Last edited:
Try the Episcopal Church. Eucharist every Sunday, actual priest in vestments, etc. Just don't go to one with a woman priest imo

* Destin was nice. Even with the tropical storm dumping rain on us a few days. Kids swam and I relaxed.

* Hang on to that pergola dream, CClark. I am. Speaking of koi ponds, of which mine is not, the deer got brave and apparently threw a party in it while I was gone.

Pulled up water mint plants and just dumped them in the yard. Knocked my little rock wall into the water. Assholes.

Also broke the ears off my little concrete bunny statue.

* Single mom and her kid moved in across the street. Already know she is a liar. She is the same age as my wife and went to the same college at the same time.

She broke out the "I went to Ohio State on a soccer scholarship" line.

Marge was like, really? What years? Who was the coach? (blank look)

If you are going to lie about playing sports in college, you probably shouldn't do it to the 2-time MVP of that team.

They didn't even have scholarships for soccer at tOSU back then.

She quickly backtracked... "I only played one year then switched to cheerleading." OK. But false.

* If I lived in Destin I would probably be fat and bald. Great seafood everywhere. Highlight for me was the raw oysters at the Boathouse.

* Very jelly of that most recent Schembari trip. Bucket list for me.

* Very excited for football season. Win 8 and keep the recruiting coming. TIA.

* Michigan guys here at the office actually think Kennard was a great pick. I really, really hope the kid is the bust of all busts. Nothing personal against him, but touch him.

* Billy Minardi. Whores. Miles ahead. More whores.

Reap the whirlwind, Jurich and Pitino. Reap it.

* Thinking Skyline.

Wasn't gonna post a vacation rundown but this thing's practically dead so here goes. Don't even feel bad for the long form. It took me all of 30 minutes to catch up on a week of gyero on the plane ride back home.

Kauai last week for the second time. I'd pack it all up and move there in a heartbeat if it was at all reasonably feasible.

-Flight out of bluegrass, everything looks on time... then we are at the check in desk at the gate and the girl informs us that our O'Hare connection is delayed and we've been rebooked... with a now 22 hour layover in Chicago. Called the airline immediately, no help from the first two reps... the key is to keep using the word "unacceptable" and be polite. They eventually put us on another airline and got us there 20 minutes ahead of schedule. Much better than the 23 hours late they originally offered.

-Wife's friend (nurse from residency) who has a cousin living on the island was there visiting at the same time. Hung out with them quite a bit. The cousin has the life. He does landscaping and side jobs for the people with $8-10+ million houses and surfs and hikes when he isn't working.

-Went on several hikes with the guy off the beaten path. I didn't know I was scared of heights but it's apparently a fear that just hadn't been adequately tested yet. Walking on dirt paths with steep 500 foot drop offs 2 feet on either side will test you. Props to the wife for being a trooper and doing it all. Of course her friend that was with us, who deems herself an outdoors person, calls Kauai her "second home" and tries way too hard to fit in with the locals, couldn't begin to keep up. Then as we're driving back from Waimea canyon, he tells me to turn on this little dirt road. "Does this jeep have 4 wheel drive?" "Yeah, I think all jeeps do." "Ok good. Hope the spare tire is good too bc there's no phone service anywhere close to here." "Uhhh... sure. Touch it." Go on this 20 minute drive basically in the jungle, occasionally on something resembling a path, getting stuck in mud a handful times and nearly cracking an axle... then take another hike and emerge in the GD middle of the canyon on a little land island in the sky surrounded by nothing but steep drop offs to certain death. Stunningly beautiful. And the little goats who just walk along these steep cliffs like it's nothing crack me up.

-Kayaked the Napali coast. If you don't know what that is look up a picture. 17 mile all day journey in the ocean. Amazing.

-Hiked to and swam in several waterfalls, visited several beaches, took a helicopter ride... the works, really.

-God bless modern swimsuits and retailers for pushing them. And again, props to the wife, for not critiquing every girl that walked by. Nothing says "I'm insecure" like the chicks you could overhear saying "that's not a swimsuit, that's bedroom lingerie. Put some clothes on." Shut up and let the hussies huss.

-Awesome food the whole time, and due to all the physical stuff we did I actually lost weight during the trip.

-Fantasized about moving and got on Zillow just for fun. Typical 2BR 2BA 1000 square foot house a mile from the beach... about 2 million. Dammit.

-Don't understand the people who travel halfway around the world, go to one of the most naturally beautiful places that exists, and bury their heads in their iPad with headphones in next to the resort pool with their back turned from the mountains.

-Til inflation

-Berger really is dead on Clark. I love it.

-Cool doc on NatGeo last night about the coal industry. Obviously, it crushed the companies and the environmental impact and Trump but still very entertaining. Lot of really really obese people in it.

-Speaking of, yearly low for the weight. In a nice groove. Not too shabby coming off a 10 day trip. Helps that working out every morning has become a vacation standard.

-Weekend weather turned out solid. Was worried that storm was going to stick around. At home weekends with no plans are the way to go during the summer. Cycling, lifting, cooking, boozing, hanging out with G.

-No Vegas for 4th :cry:

-Loose negotiations for a mid-July "Louisville Weekend."

-How many times you been on the YOLO board this summer Ursch?

-Peruvian smoked chicken and the green sauce. :scream:

Oh.. and although completely juvenile, immature, and petty... I fully support a gyero ksr phone takeover when Nimepiece hosts on Friday.

"How'd you meet your husband? What does he do for a living?"
"Have you ever gotten to interview the Calipari family? What was it like?"
"Have you ever been to the Calipari home?"
"Have you met Mrs. Calipari before? What's she like?"
"Have you ever tried the restaurant The Tulip? If so, why'd you ride a limousine to it?"
"What's the best pizza in Lexington? And how reluctantly did coach cal serve it to you?"

I asked my wife if she thought Berger was a decent looking guy and she said "Not really." Then I asked her if we looked similar and she said "Oh, yeah."

We throw at guys for pimping dingers, while the Japanse are driving guys in from the bullpen in Miatas. Easily the most likable dudes on the planet, the Japanese.

Last edited:
Berger is doing pretty well for himself, as do most professional golfers.

7Lfo9Vt9.jpg

Reactions: drxman1
I asked my wife if she thought Berger was a decent looking guy and she said "Not really." Then I asked her if we looked similar and she said "Oh, yeah."

We throw at guys for pimping dingers, while the Japanse are driving guys in from the bullpen in Miatas. Easily the most likable dudes on the planet, the Japanese.
Those guys need to read up on the unwritten rules of the game imo. Ty Cobb would've shot those guys in cold blood for that. Also for being Japanese.

I refuse to believe that Ty Cobb knew that "Japanese" was a word.

He probably thought Nipland or Outer Slantville was their country of origin.

Reactions: -Mav-
-Don't understand the people who travel halfway around the world, go to one of the most naturally beautiful places that exists, and bury their heads in their iPad with headphones in next to the resort pool with their back turned from the mountains.

Those people are there a few times a year, every year. Been there, done that....just relaxing in a more expensive spot. Met tons of "them" in Maui.

Everyone excited for this to be sold out everywhere and it get discontinued before you can find one?

itfljod4g7uu0uxagkki.jpg

If anybody is looking for a new Netflix show to binge on, GLOW is awesome. It's campy and funny but the characters are still very much relatable. Alison Brie and Marc Maron put on great performances.

They also show AB's bewbs in the first episode, so there's that.

Saturday was about as picture perfect a day on the lake as they come. Nice seeing LSAT out there. Got to meet Geese's eldest, who promptly shot me in the face with a water blaster [laughing] Try to make it out next time Joshy.

Spiders. Cot damn hate some spiders. Stopped at the liquor store and the clerk asks me if I wanna see a big spider, ummm sure, has this thing the size of a fist in a jar. Sweet dreams Anth.

Glad to hear Swimmer is remembering why we did this. Double doctor income style.

Willy, you are already fat and bald. But yes Boathouse oysters are wonderful, as is their gumbo. Sorry to hear about your pond.

Strokin, hit me up this time. Maybe we can go play 9.

Secured some Foo Fighter tickets, thanks Capitol One.

Started Glow, liked the first two episodes. Veep continues to slay me, without question the funniest show on TV now.

Looking forward to some Independance Day celebrash. Have a good crew coming down this weekend.

:americanflag::100points:

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT