ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shorts:

- Levar Ball is awesome. People need to get a sense of humor.

- Napa is overrated. Still have a bottle of Pinot Noir from Etude we need to open, tho.

- MaxPowerrr is also overrated. And smells funny.

- Chill 4th weekend planned. May check out the new MadTree.

- Starting to pop some CFB podcasts. Stew Mandel and Bruce Feldman's The Audible is easily the best.

- The GD Mighty Mighty Bostones are playing in Ft. Thomas in a couple weeks. lol

The charges alone make the story interesting enough to follow, but the fact that this bro has the most punchable face, maybe in the history of the world, has kept me watching this closely. Someone *has* to jab his nose.
160204183157-martin-shkreli-pharma-bro-congress-gowdy-cummings-sot-00002201-large-169.jpg

Reactions: Mashburned
Lavar is not awesome. If his shtick wasn't sincere and it was all a joke, maybe it might be a little funny. But he's a gigantic dbag who will probably cost his son millions of dollars just by acting like an asshat.

Lavar is a coattail riding moron and any success he obtains will only be from control of his son, or businesses like the WWE who help him capitalize on being a loud mouthed idiot. And there aren't too many WWE's around.

If he died in a fire this afternoon his entire family would be better off.

Watched a 12 yo kid throw 15 innings and 200+ pitches this weekend. Throwing at 110% effort on every pitch. Yeah...going to go out on a limb to say that's not healthy.

But hey, they got a trophy. :rolleyes:

The charges alone make the story interesting enough to follow, but the fact that this bro has the most punchable face, maybe in the history of the world, has kept me watching this closely. Someone *has* to jab his nose.
160204183157-martin-shkreli-pharma-bro-congress-gowdy-cummings-sot-00002201-large-169.jpg

Karma is a bitch. Don't f*ck with people's health, especially children's health.

During jury selection, one of the potential jurors (who didn't know who he was) basically gave this as a reason why he couldn't be impartial.

Winn on Diallo and small blurb on Knox

Diallo's jump-shot mechanics have improved during his time in Lexington, but he's not a knockdown guy from the perimeter, and his aggressiveness—especially in transition during the U19 trials—resulted in more turnovers and forced shots than Calipari will probably tolerate in a college setting. Thus this summer gig is ideal for the Kentucky coach: He gets to spend three extra weeks shaping Diallo into the scoring guard the U19 team needs … which will better position him to be the scoring guard that Kentucky needs in '17–18.

As for my favorite incoming freshman at the camp … it was a tie between Kentucky-bound Kevin Knox II and UCLA-bound Kris Wilkes. Knox withdrew from the trials with a tweaked hamstring, but in the five sessions he did play, the 6'8" wing was one of Team USA's smoothest scorers. He can handle the ball in transition like a guard, and in the halfcourt, he spaces the floor as a hybrid 3/4 forward with shooting and slashing ability. I suspect Knox will be Kentucky's best long-range gunner next season, and few players anywhere will match the arc on his threes. They're legitimate rainmakers.

- Napa is overrated. Still have a bottle of Pinot Noir from Etude we need to open, tho.

You're a fish out of water and out of your league at Napa. You better stick to poppin tops w/ your crew up at that hell hole of a city on the river.

Willy, you are already fat and bald. But yes Boathouse oysters are wonderful, as is their gumbo. Sorry to hear about your pond.

* Yeah, that was the point... never mind. Just glad you are back.

sch

The pond was repaired in 3 minutes. Except for the plants, which will need to be replaced.

* During the tropical storm, took the wife and kids to see Cars 3.

Afternoon movie tickets for 2 adults, 2 kids.
2 apple juices, 1 Small Coke, 1 bottle of water, 1 order chicken tenders, 1 lg popcorn, bag of Skittles, bag of twizzlers = $98

Ridiculous, imho.

* A friend of mine's (DJ from my wedding/kid's gym teacher) step grandson is really blowing up on the summer basketball circuit.

Darius Bazley will be a senior at Princeton HS (Cincinnati). He is 6'9 180, and is listed as a PF. But he is really a SF with serious guard skills. I saw his highlights from last week and he is tremendous. Currently ranked 73 on Rivals, but that should be going up after the offseason he has had. He decommitted from Ohio State a few weeks before Matta got canned.

He has grown a lot in the last few years, not as much as Anthony Davis, but similar. And is still growing.

Kentucky has been calling, and he likes them a lot. But Syracuse has been the team recruiting him the hardest so far. I'd love to add him as a 3-4 yr player along with 1 or 2 of the stud forwards we are after.

Reactions: drxman1
Matinee = $7.00 per. Sneak in bottled water/soda. Sneak in Candy. Large Popcorn.

In and out for less than $50 for 5.

Matinee = $7.00 per. Sneak in bottled water/soda. Sneak in Candy. Large Popcorn.

In and out for less than $50 for 5.

I thought a just added show at 1:30 in the afternoon would get matinee pricing, but it didn't.

What kind of dumbass doesn't buy the Skittles and Twizzlers at the CVS and sneak them in?

Someone who isn't an unemployed poor. And someone who thought they had 2 hours before the movie started. All other showing sold out quickly and they added this one right before it started.

Can you imagine if the rest of your family got snacks??? :scream:

Good effort. Who are you, again?

Watched a 12 yo kid throw 15 innings and 200+ pitches this weekend. Throwing at 110% effort on every pitch. Yeah...going to go out on a limb to say that's not healthy.

But hey, they got a trophy. :rolleyes:
How is that even legal? There aren't pitch counts?

Put me on team Lavar. I like shit stirrers. Makes things interesting.

Knox = light skinned Purvis Short

Love Wall lobbying/recruiting George to Wiz. It will be to no avail but he wants to win there. He's not going some place else. He isn't as good as Iverson, but before he leaves, Washington will love him like Philly loves AI. Wall puts it all on the line out there. I'm proud of him.

Darius Bazley will be a senior at Princeton HS (Cincinnati). He is 6'9 180, and is listed as a PF. But he is really a SF with serious guard skills. I saw his highlights from last week and he is tremendous. Currently ranked 73 on Rivals, but that should be going up after the offseason he has had. He decommitted from Ohio State a few weeks before Matta got canned.

He has grown a lot in the last few years, not as much as Anthony Davis, but similar. And is still growing.

Kentucky has been calling, and he likes them a lot. But Syracuse has been the team recruiting him the hardest so far. I'd love to add him as a 3-4 yr player along with 1 or 2 of the stud forwards we are after.

Visiting Indiana today, per Jerry the Meyer.

Reactions: Wildcat Willy
-Is there a need for a guy with less than two inches of hair to shampoo AND body wash or are they basically interchangeable? I say interchangeable.

-How does one using stitcher get the KSR podcast now? I know they changed formatting or whatever but I can't find it on there. iTunes only?

-Solid day today; gym, pool, trivia, work, off tomorrow.

-Headed to the bank tomorrow just to gauge around how much they'd throw me for a house.

-
-How does one using stitcher get the KSR podcast now? I know they changed formatting or whatever but I can't find it on there. iTunes only?

Stitcher sucks, use Overcast. Also todays KSR was the best one in a long time. I really dont know that bc I dont listen everyday, but the Barstool guys do a good job. I recognize their shtick isnt for everyone- but I find it a good listen. And knowing there are a lot of confused people hearing it and being uncomfortable, just makes it that much better. I would enjoy KSR a lot more if they got rid of Ryan Lemond and brought someone else in (not Drew Franklin). But even on the *big* radio days during tourney runs, and when UL news breaks- Lemond nearly makes it unlistenable. I'm putting my full support behind Barry Slice to take that spot.

If you didnt hear it today- the Stoops interview was pretty good. The Bo Pelini stories are gold. He just sounds like a maniac. I missed a few seconds of it but I believe Stoops was discussing living with Pelini and he cooked spaghetti o's every night for dinner. You dont get that kind of info on a lot of programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT