ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
attachment.php

The son of one of my buddies committed to play baseball for UK today..........after his freshman season. Haven't seen him play but he must be pretty damn good.

Reactions: BernieSadori
If you could only choose to have this hammer drop on UL or UNC, who would you choose?

I'll be honest, that's a damn hard question for me. I keep getting the feeling that UNC is going to continue to walk through the rain drops. In the meantime, I am going to enjoy the justice that was served and hope that it is a sign of things to come.

If you could only choose to have this hammer drop on UL or UNC, who would you choose?

I'll be honest, that's a damn hard question for me. I keep getting the feeling that UNC is going to continue to walk through the rain drops. In the meantime, I am going to enjoy the justice that was served and hope that it is a sign of things to come.

See my post above. The NCAA is going to come down harder on UL than UNC because of WHORES, not some BS academic course

The Louisville media has been a "kept man" for ages. Nothing speaks louder than a kept man with some new found confidence. They have been waiting for this for years.

Interestingly enough, this whole thing has gotten almost zero publicity here. Which has me in two directions, I want everyone to hate UL, but at the same time, it shows no one gives a shit about them. I mean, I talk to people from all over the country daily and if I brought it up, 99% of them said, "I heard something but didn't really care that much to look at it."

If it was UK or Alabama or Notre Dame or Duke or UNC, USC, OSU, Michigan etc, and many other programs, it would be the talk of the town. This just makes me smile for the fact it reinforces the fact NO ONE gives a shit about Louisville.

Sorry Lousivllle, you after your sugar bowl, basketball championship (vacated) and final four (vacated) are still in the FAAAAR purview of sports in general.

Enjoy your baseball that you pretend to be important.

Reactions: Stonewall12
At this point, and only this point, if Rick wanted to rip off his over shirt revealing an Anthony Davis jersey at the next press conference, throw on some wrap-around shades, and give a couple of DX "suck it" gestures to a stunned Louisville press corps, I would accept him back into La Familia. He can't coach in any capacity for the real squad, because of course not, but he can coach the villains team at those alumni games, and he can help pass out Krispy Kremes at the BBM camp out. This is your chance Rick.

This is not funny in the slightest. Not even a good attempt. And, if ANY tinge of it is serious, Pitino can never get back in the good graces of our fanbase. Impossible, really.

While nothing the NCAA does is ever logical, you've got to think that this goes past whores to having the chance to put a rogue sports program in its place. You can't keep poking the NCAA in the eye by keeping show cause coaches, hiring morally bankrupt people like Petrino and the fact that any other NCAA member would have fired Pitino after the Sypher deal. Also the NCAA did exactly the right thing in not punishing the current and future players for once..

Reporter: “Have you discussed the findings that were discussed today with the players that are in town or do you plan to do it?”

Pitino: “Well it doesn’t affect them in any way, but I will discuss to them what I told them all along, that every step along the way if you see something wrong, immediately step up so that it doesn’t become a problem going forward, it becomes a problem in the past that you can erase. Just, if you see something that’s going on — you have to understand — obviously this gentleman is not from here. Where are you from, by the way?”

Reporter: “Wave 3”

Pitino: “Wave 3. I guess he is from here.”

[roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll]

It's not Penn State level, but outside of this board, people are really downplaying how effed up this all was. Underage kids (I've read as young as 16) were pressured into sex with prostitutes.

I lost my virginity at 16 under ideal circumstances, and I was still a nervous wreck. Some of these kids were victimized. They thought they were going on a recruiting visit and some of their AAU friends told them they'd get to go to a party or two. It's sick.

Not sure why people keep thinking this- UNC is going down. Everything points to this. They may "battle" it to 2020 but they're going to pay.

- I'm like CenturyCat- I like for any and all connections to UK in everything.

- That 30for30 is awesome. It's cool to see teams that really hated each other instead of bro hugs.

- Jurich is getting roasted nationally. It's about time but in the media's defense, no one pays attention to Louisville so they're just now figuring shit out. Imagine that's why you are finally seeing guys like Bozich dump on them. It's just to keep their rep with their colleagues.

- UK fans really don't appreciate how great of an archrival Louisville has been to us. They rarely beat us and are always getting themselves into embarrassing shit. Props to Lil Bro.

I lost my virginity at 16 under ideal circumstances, and I was still a nervous wreck. Some of these kids were victimized. They thought they were going on a recruiting visit and some of their AAU friends told them they'd get to go to a party or two. It's sick.

In many ways, this is no different than the Naughty Teacher Threads that kybobcat always posts. These kids were pressured/coerced and authority figures abused their fiduciary powers. Those teachers go to jail. Why is this any different?

Yeah Bilas' crusade against the NCAA has jumped 100 feet over the shark. He can't see the forest for the trees. I went from finding the guy refreshing to rolling my eyes at his rhetoric. He's a smart guy, but he's lost his shit.

The dude lost all credibility with this one.

Read somewhere that UL has to advise recruits they will be on probation for the next four years.

Any rats going to leave the ship?

Eat shit UL.

This is not funny in the slightest. Not even a good attempt. And, if ANY tinge of it is serious, Pitino can never get back in the good graces of our fanbase. Impossible, really.
No one gives a f*** which jokes you liked or didn't like. Yeah, I was being serious. I think Pitino should actually do that in real life. Get pumped.

Crawford's article is the best so far, imo.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/35678337/crawford-no-appeal-can-restore-louisvilles-lost-shining-moment

-Local reporter asks an actual legitimate question. Pitino says obviously this gentleman isn't from here. That just sums it up the arrogance and mentality there on so many levels.

Yesterday was just too much, shew. I couldn't even follow the USOpen. Other than Rickie going bonkers & a blimp crashing, I really have no idea what even happened out there.

Twitter was such a joy, particularly the national guys basically being unanimous in their "wow, UofL/Jurich/Pitino really are pieces of shit" takes. Beautiful.

-Somehow missed that AvenueQ is in town this weekend down at the Kentucky Center. We were able to snag tickets last night...we've seen a lot of shows, most of the big ones (#nohamilton), and that probably still remains our favorite, or at least the most fun. Pretty pumped.

GA is like $21, if you're looking for a last minute date idea, highly recommend. It's essentially a Racist/Edgy Sesame Street for adults. It's apparently a scaled down version, much moreso than the typical travel production, but shouldn't affect this particular show much if at all.

Plan to grab drinks/snacks at Milkwood beforehand. Pretty underrated place, imo -- menu has expanded big time since opening, a little less smokehouse, a little more Asian flare. One of the best burgers in town, imo. Ed Lee at basically O'Charley's + $5 prices, ftw.

New Music Friday -- lots of stuff out from all genres. Summer always brings it.

First for me, of course ---> Big Boi. Love it so far :fire:. Only thing that sucks about his music these days is the inevitable "Man, if Andre3K was on this with him -- this should be an Outkast album" frustration. What a stubborn selfish weirdo.

Reactions: Bonzo Cat
The press conference yesterday was beyond pathetic.

-Pitino claiming that Minardi Hall had the best security available, yet the cameras were broke for nearly two years.

-Jurich and Pitino basically saying these acts didn't even make it to social media so how were we to discover it.

-Again claiming that the money value was not that much and kids at the time would have been reinstated by the NCAA if it were caught in real time, ignoring the fact that it wasn't caught in real time because no one wanted to catch it because it was designed to be a hidden recruiting advantage.

Crawford and Bozich both nailed it. Bilas and Vitale can EAD

Reactions: Stonewall12
Bilas said on Jew&Fat that if anyone besides McGee knew, it would have had to have been the closest kept and most wide reaching conspiracy of all time. [laughing] Dumbass was dead serious

The dude has gone beyond his stubborn prick shtick into real delusions of grandeur. Would love to see someone put him in his place instead of the usual boot licking.

Last edited:
So nice that this came out on Thursday instead of a late Friday dump, an extra day to revel in the "repugnant" mess. [cheers]Waiting for the first Cal quip on the matter, should be terrific.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT