ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
625448984cbe94e8452d4d08828f38b4.jpg

I guess since they aren't Indiana, there's nothing for them to vacate with a S16 appearance.

That's good news. I really didn't want to tell my kids how I was there when the Cats had a great, come from behind victory against (REDACTED).

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
Good news. Losses don't get vacated.

Yep, not sure why people think they would punish schools not involved.

By that logic, UK would lose several games off their all-time win total for something they're not involved with... and the UK team that shares the record for most games won in a season would no longer hold that record. The NCAA isn't going to open that can of worms.

Luke Winn:

"Something that everyone at Louisville will admit to remembering is the 2013 national title, which will be vacated unless the school earns an unexpected victory on appeal. The concept of vacating any sports victory is strange—there's video of it, the Georgia Dome was full, I covered it for SI, the players have rings, Pitino has a tattoo commemorating it on his back—but there will be shame associated with having to act, publicly, as if it didn't happen.

"And in a state where one college hoops rivalry matters more than anything else, one of the few things Louisville had on Kentucky's John Calipari was that his Final Fours at UMass and Memphis had been vacated by the NCAA. Now Pitino could have to vacate a Final Four and—in a historic first—a national title, one-upping his in-state nemesis in the most unwanted way imaginable."

LOOK AT GOD WORKING.

At this point, and only this point, if Rick wanted to rip off his over shirt revealing an Anthony Davis jersey at the next press conference, throw on some wrap-around shades, and give a couple of DX "suck it" gestures to a stunned Louisville press corps, I would accept him back into La Familia. He can't coach in any capacity for the real squad, because of course not, but he can coach the villains team at those alumni games, and he can help pass out Krispy Kremes at the BBM camp out. This is your chance Rick.

I almost feel bad for the ACC*. Considering how highly they think of themselves, you know they're kicking themselves for voluntarily inviting this nonsense to be associated with their conference.

*But not really, because Lord knows the charter schools aren't without their skeletons.

What's awesome is that Louisville is going to have to openly admit that its title must be vacated because the NCAA dropped the pimp hand or the NCAA will be forever demonstrated as a corrupt pack of bureaucrat losers who are not to be taken seriously.

Short of UK winning stuff, this is the best it gets for CAYT FANS.

The more I think about it, the more I realize how similar Pitino and Knight are. Both of them had egos that led them to believe they are/were bigger than their sport/team/employer. And both will wind up sad and alone with nothing to cling to but their memories. I respect the hell out of their craft, and it's very sobering to see their downfall, but hubris is a costly flaw.

The more I think about it, the more I realize how similar Pitino and Knight are. Both of them had egos that led them to believe they are/were bigger than their sport/team/employer. And both will wind up sad and alone with nothing to cling to but their memories. I respect the hell out of their craft, and it's very sobering to see their downfall, but hubris is a costly flaw.

Wait, did you just make me mentally have to take up for Pitino ON THIS DAY?!?!?!?!

A pox on you and your house.

Let's ease up on all the well-wishes for Rick, OK?

His arrogance and lack of self-awareness still know no bounds. If he hasn't learnt anything by now, he never will.

We thought he was the perfect fit for UK - and at that time of his life - and our history - he was. But over the long term, it turns out, he was perfect for U of L.

F him.

Thanks for rebuilding us - but thx for leaving.

Last edited:
I'm going to go out on a limb and take a wild guess that the NCAA won't come down as harsh on UNC as they did on UL, because they found the violations at UL to be reprehensible (whores) and look the other way when it comes to actual academics. I mean, we are talking STUDENT athletes and all.

Reactions: Century Cat
Surely to god, on the day in history that Donald Trump announced he was running for president 2 years ago, people have a lot worse things to discuss and worry about. I mean Donald Trump is our president and Pitino has to defend the most profitable sports dept in the NCAA from hiring hookers for players? Cheap lazy unf***able hookers at that!

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
Let's ease up on all the well-wishes for Rick, OK?

His arrogance and lack of self-awareness still know no bounds. If he hasn't learnt anything by now, he never will.

We thought he was the perfect fit for UK - and at that time of his life - and our history - he was. But over the long term, it turns out, he was perfect for U of L.

F him.

Thanks for rebuilding us - but thx for leaving.
Rick made a small comeback for me with the Keightley speech, was willing to forgive and start anew. Been all downhill from that point. Stick that middle finger you gave us up your ass Rick.

Most unsavory thing today may not have even been that whores were provided to underage recruits, could be the reminder once again today that the NCAA killed Jim Valvano.

One thing for Bob's dumb ass to say it given it's his brother, but the Floyd St Cabal? Disgusting. TOM and RICK will likely garner a raise tho.

Effing disgrace of a university.

Just now getting home from a car ride from Florida that began at 5 AM. Has anything of note happened today?

* On a serious note, it was a pretty tone deaf move by the NCAA to drop this hammer on the day (*checks Google*) Sensational Sherri died ten years ago. Time and score, fellas.

When the Floyd Street Mafia has lost the local, back-pocket media, you know it's bad.

The national media guys are not amused with Rick and Tomma's response either.

I really think that those two were SO stunned, they really overplayed their hand on the righteous indignation.

Those guys may have been shocked by the penalties, but not nearly as much as the public was shocked by
. . . whores for teens in the first place.

I guess U of L had much more time to get used to the idea, since, you know, it was theirs from the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT