ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have some class!
Well, I'm waiting to get the WCC version of this (fingers crossed I make the GYERO invite guest list!)

0702ea32ad09ec16bfc3f7360f400743.jpg

(Underrated, keeping these cozies and using them after the happy couple gets divorced.)

Last edited:
80 games? Christ almighty. BIG TIME YOUTH SOCCER hides its head in shame.

Well it was April through October so it included regular season and summer tournaments. But I can tell you that there are some travel teams that play close to 100 games from March through mid November. Add on practices and its too much baseball.

For the team we played on the last 5 years they are going 7 straight weeks from this weekend playing 4-5 games per weekend. I mean.

I mean what a life Adam West must have had:

In fact, West did once turn up at what he described as an “orgy” in Hollywood with Frank Gorshin, who played “Batman” baddie The Riddler.

But they were thrown out for behaving like their TV alter-egos and making everyone laugh.

He said: “We walked in and it was an orgy. So I immediately went into the Batman character, and Frank went into the Riddler character, because we were getting the big giggles. It was so funny to us, what we walked into. And we were kicked out. We were expelled from the orgy.”

Reactions: Hankshaker
Celtics/Lakers 30 for 30 the next 2 nights, NBA Draft on the horizon.... Nice little combo to get me through June. Then it's just 2 months. But then I'll have 7 GoT episodes lead me right into September. Fball season will be here before I know it. I'm set.

After looking at the TV schedule, the Lakers-Celtics 30 for 30 IS espn's offering as this year's long, OJ-style documentary.

It's 5 hours long, which is what they did with OJ's last year (although maybe that was even 6 hours). Pretty sure they aired it the same week of June last year, too.

Trying to lure in new viewers for the upcoming WNBA season, I reckon.

Played 50 games last year with 05's group...and it was bordering on being too much. But it was spread out from March through July, with 20 of those games coming in the last 40 days. And then we completely shut it down once we lost in the Regional Semis. For 3 months. And didn't play a game again until this March.

35-40 games is the right number over a 5-6 month period. Especially for young pitching arms. Even with all the games, we always tried to keep our starters under 60 pitches per game with proper days rest. We try to keep 8 or 9 pitchers on the roster to spread out the throwing.

Man I'm glad I've resisted the craziness of youth uber sports.

Coached regular season and AS ABA for 11-12 year old girls. About 60% of the team went on to play AAU summer league with no break and I had some parents asking if I would get a team and coach through the summer with my daughter.

Wrong! Wrong!

Nah, she's going to play the occasional afternoon golf holes with me, swim, lake it and be a kid.

Some of you parents need to fight back against this epidemic.

Last edited:
Good lord, I hope my kids hate sports, all that sounds awful.

Most of the kids on the team are also super match/science nerds, so that's a good thing. Well rounded group. They just like competition. If we didn't win in the tournaments, we would've only played 30-35 games. Winning made it 50, b/c you advance deeper in the tournaments. Kind of like Golden State playing an extra 17 games vs. a non-playoff team. I think I read somewhere that Lebron has played like 2 extra seasons of basketball simply b/c of playoff games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT