ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're sometimes hard to find unless you're buying bulk but CC is right Comfort Colors is the best t-shirt you can buy.

I will always love Shagari just because of his performance against UC in the NCAA tourney. Hayes and Morris got in foul trouble and it looked like Eric Hicks and Jason Maxiell were going to dominate us.

Shagari only came in for a few minutes, but he blocked a couple of shots and Hicks and Maxiell were shellshocked. The two tough guys were scared to shoot.

Cats won by 9 and ended Huggins' UC career with a big fat L. All of the chirping stopped. It was glorious.

If that tall SOB had any sort of desire, he would still be playing in the NBA.

- Watched "LaLa Land" and surprisingly enjoyed it.

-Loved it.

-GYERO meets real life, vol. ?.....bought a vehicle over the weekend, and our very own Grand Padre was a helpful part of the process.

-*Feels* like Butler should have gone with Shrewsbury, but people have been hyping LaVall Jordan for a while, so who knows.

-Zion Williamson. Want him as badly as any recruit since MKG.

-Being part of a CSA program has done wonders for my veggie intake(still not enough) and my weight loss(still not enough).

Enjoyed meeting the Llama family. Super nice folks and very patient with the new guy learning a new system. Thanks for that.

Whirlwind week last week. Finished up payroll on a superb month at the old place. Got paid Tuesday afternoon and quickly deposited the check. Next day, resigned. Next day, started the new job and met Llama before the day was out. Good stuff.

Expecting Vanderbilt to be my favorite player going in as well, but also expect him to bring out the full red-ass.

-Zion Williamson. Want him as badly as any recruit since MKG.

Isn't he a USC lock? I used to follow recruiting religiously, but under Cal it's kind of pointless. We'll get guys. But yeah, Zion is on another level. Total freak.

Bobby Perry...NBA SG.

Can we revisit the how does Tom Jurich afford his house tangent

Just ran a PVA search. Tomma bought his home in Indian Hills from Republic Bank and Trust in 2012 for a cool $365,000.

To put this in perspective, my parents sold their house in Bridgegate (nice neighborhood in the South End...Bernie lives there) for $339,000 in 2007. And trust me, my parents don't live in a mansion. Their house is also 2000SF less than his.

Definitely something shady went down. I'll dive down into the Jefferson county seed search later on.

His kids also don't live in amazing homes per the PVA. In fact, i would be suprised if those Beechwood Village homes are their actual primary residences.

So, this is the strongest, deepest the NBA has been in 25 years?

The East was dogshit, and the Cavs got curb stomped in 5. Try again, opinionators.

Reactions: assistbyhawkins
I don't believe that. It's two of the strongest teams ever in the NBA. I mean, they're the only two teams that have faced each other 3 times in a row and it will be 4 next year. Without changes on the Cleveland LeBrons, it'll end up the same. Too much fire power for the warriors. LeBron HAS to make a move.

Furthermore, the warriors are so stacked that if everyone takes a slight pay cut, they could do this for 6-7 years like Jordan. Only difference is Jordan didn't face an opponent as amazing as them. Two or three teams had a shot to beat him, but in this case there's only one. And they're LOADED.

- Excited to follow Hunter Greene's career. :sunglasses::raised_hands:

- This will be a fun NBA Draft- excited to see where our boys go. Sounds like Monk put on a show for the Suns.

Reactions: rudd1
I'd be growing a little annoyed with UK players if I were a Suns fan. Granted, a team full of 20 year olds isn't really NBA ready, but fans are never rational.

That said, going to Suns' games are a blast. Half the building is wearing blue and rooting solely for our guys to make plays regardless of who wins.

Suns won't take Monk but they raved about his workout.

Now, very possible they take Fox.

Fox is an elite talent, but I would train up Ulis. I don't give shit that he's small; he knows how to play basketball.

Somewhat related, I sat courtside when they played the Pacers. Ulis talks sooo much shit. [roll]

He called Teague a bitch to his face at least a dozen times.

Not that I care about Bush League soccer but it's pretty interesting that Newport is the leading candidate for where the stadium would go. That west bank area is just sitting there empty and its huge and prime real estate. If those buckeye c-suckers could get over their snobbery, it makes a helluva lot of sense. Much more sense than uglyass West End and crowded 10-minutes-from-downtown Oakley.

My wife is 38+ weeks pregnant, could go into labor any day, and my mom randomly asks if she can come spend the night and visit this weekend o_O

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
We always say BBC, but we would never dare think that about our own mothers, and then you grow up and get married and see your mom interact with another grown woman and then you have kids and then you realize that your mom is just as crazy as the rest of them.

Reactions: Century Cat
Not that I care about Bush League soccer but it's pretty interesting that Newport is the leading candidate for where the stadium would go. That west bank area is just sitting there empty and its huge and prime real estate. If those buckeye c-suckers could get over their snobbery, it makes a helluva lot of sense. Much more sense than uglyass West End and crowded 10-minutes-from-downtown Oakley.
My take: the Newport site is being used to rile up the idiots in OH and get them to, once again, ignore logic and pay for another stadium.

Reactions: Wildcat Willy
How's the team looking this year? I could answer that question for you regarding CC but ya know I'm not a traitor and you don't need it to beat us anyway

Best players are off crutches and healthy again. If we can keep them upright, we'll be competitive. This summer has been a breath of fresh air so far considering the horrible luck last season. Relying on lots of going-to-be-sophomores so it's ugly at times. But stil. . .

Since school let out, I've been watching more daytime TV in the morning. With that said, does GYERO have no take on the divorce of Mike and Mike? Seemed like a match made in commercialized, hot-take sports entertainment. You never know. :cry: [eyeroll]

Drew Carey doesn't even seem to try on The Price is Right. That show runs itself and he knows it. By the way, is Bob Barker still alive?

Smackoff scheduled for July 28th. Probably the only thing to look forward to until college football starts.

Heading to Murray State for a team camp this weekend. On-campus cafeteria SNACKDOWN coming Monday. Follow my twitter handle for pic collages!

Reactions: ThroughBlue
Tuesday Random Throwdown:

1. Pulled the trigger on an in-ground pool. I mean its basically taking up some of the kids college fund so while they are enjoying each summer at least they will have those memories while they are working their way through college. 16' x 40' with 8' deep end and diving board. Jumpball ready.

2. I have a very hard time relaxing. Like when I am at home I feel like I should doing something outside like landscaping or staining the deck or mowing. But Sunday night I just floated on a raft for 2 hours and drank some Lite beer by Miller. This is why we did this?

3. First summer since 2011 with no youth baseball. We played about 80 games last summer and it burnt my oldest out. He begged me for a summer this year so I had to give it to him.

4. U2 on Friday at the Papa. First concert my wife and I have attended since REM in 1996. Where do people park at Papa John's? At the stadium or at the old Fairgrounds?

Book... Either you're going to be frying on black asphalt with no shade. Park somewhere along Central or S 3rd and then Uber and or walk to a bar in CARDINAL TOWN.

Thursday night is first swim meet of the season. I think we have like 6. What I know is this guy is going to be worth its weight in gold:

yeti-colster-koozy.jpg

Reactions: IsRichieGonnaStart
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT