ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't believe you guys are blaming the other guy for SAE's lack of hand in the relationship / laziness to get projects completed in a reasonable time. Yes, his post about it was eloquent and witty. But this this is a simple invitation to come to another person's house. It happens. SAE should not be deflecting here.

Wayne too poor to rent a hotel room for his family.

DIY work around the house is awful, until you realize it can get you out of the house to run errands by yourself.

Honey, mower is all out of gas. I'll just run up the street and refill the can. Be right back.

Hey, babe. Looks like we need a 3/16 piece here and you know our son has been messing around with the ratchet set lately. Crazy bastard. I'll take care of it. Be right back.

Man, there's a dandelion. I think you've used all of the Roundup back in April. Be right back.

* head out, pick up stuff, stop at "the store" on the way back and grab some steak, soft serve ice cream, and some German Cokes.
A buddy of mine has four boys, 6 years old and under.

Over Memorial Day weekend, he was letting me in on his new strategy of premptive laundry strikes and scripted rebuttals (for when he wife nags him about being in the basement, away from the kids.)

"Oh, what? You can be down here for 45 minutes 'doing laundry,' but I can't?!"

I cherish our "domestic strategy of pettiness" exchanges. And take some of his tips and tricks to heart.

He also hasn't a great catchphrase when his wife catches him ogling tail at weddings, "I don't matter where you get your appetite as long as you go home to eat." One to grow on, IMO.

Anyone trying to go to Chicago for Champions Classic, Book your flights on Southwest now during the $49 sale.

Round trip flight - 4,600 points
One night at Hyatt Place at the Loops - $405/night....Nope. 12,000 points.

Credit cards are stupid...

Reactions: anthonys735
-Saving 4 figures+ on each trip (or even weekend) definitely sucks, Randall. Puppies, & enjoy bankruptcy and 500 credit scores once you run them all up and forget to pay them!!!!

Just wish it wasn't in Chicago -- place just does nothing for me, at least considering I feel like we've been there 10 times in the last 5 years for various things. Did book the flights b/c they're 4K points apiece (LOL), and can cancel at anytime. Get to The Ogden EARLY!!!! (place is awful)

Still wondering when other airlines are going to make a move toward Southwest's model. Never? Airline is unreal.

-Old Cap is a really fun track...lots of cool holes out there -- and in good shape. Rough is up, greens rolling, and will be lighting this weekend -- have some really severe spots.

-If you like salad, especially chopped, this little gadget is amazing. :fire: Wife makes these every few weeks, along with a homemade dressing.

81kyetNr%2BGL._SY355_.jpg

Amazon product ASIN B01LZ4OBIM

-Any secret Podcast recs in the season-style mystery/murder genre? I check the Top Charts or whatever thinking something will pop up, but 95% of them seem Joey weird style stuff.

-JDrum declared the UK Baseball game a Top 5 sports moment & atmosphere for him in his illustrious history of being at every UK event for the past 30 years or whatever. [laughing][eyeroll] Look, I get it was a special night -- I'm following along and enjoying too, but let's calm down a little bit.

That said, Go Cats! Would be pretty fun denying them the CWS at JP. Still remember watching their last choke & ump crying with much fervor, just like it was yesterday.

-Lots of Fun summer jams hitting the satellite waves. Even wack artists can pop out a good summer tune.

@UKRob 73, if you don't text me back by noon I'm calling Amy -- and you know what that probably means. Take your time, fine by me.

Last edited:
What a fantastic story. It's like if you were on a plane, and the plane was getting hijacked, and then you yelled "GO CATS!" and then attacked the hijackers. You would probably die, but man, what a way to go.

He told The Sun from hospital: “They had these long knives and started shouting about Allah. Then it was, ‘Islam, Islam, Islam’.

“Like an idiot I shouted back at them. I thought, ‘I need to take the piss out of these bastards’.”

“I took a few steps towards them and said, ‘F*** you, I’m Millwall’. So they started attacking me.

“I stood in front of them trying to fight them off. Everyone else ran to the back.

“I was on my own against all three of them, that’s why I got hurt so much.

“It was just me, trying to grab them with my bare hands and hold on. I was swinging.

“I got stabbed and sliced eight times. They got me in my head, chest and both hands. There was blood everywhere.

“They were saying, ‘Islam, Islam!’. I said again, ‘F*** you, I’m Millwall!’"

The fight scene in the beginning of Gangs of New York between Bill the Butcher and Priest Vallon. That's Millwall.

"No one likes us. No one likes us. We don't care. We are Millwall. Super Millwall. We are Millwall from The Den."

Lol

Last edited:
I'm going to assume based on the information we have on this guy, that he was piss drunk at the time he was fighting multiple armed terrorist with his bare hands. The one thing these radicals did not plan for, was a soccer hooligan intervening.

This is the type of man we are breeding in Germantown. Fact is that "I'm a Louisville City" really needs to become their rally cry immediately.

Between Millwall and the dude who was like "Terrorism? I'll just walk with my beer to make my woman feel better or whatever", I'm Team Brit for the time being.

A terrorist attack in Richmond, Kentucky (etc.) might be something to behold.

"Man with fish hook on hatbill beheads man screaming 'Allah... something or whatever'"

I'm going to assume based on the information we have on this guy, that he was piss drunk at the time he was fighting multiple armed terrorist with his bare hands. The one thing these radicals did not plan for, was a soccer hooligan intervening.

This is the type of man we are breeding in Germantown. Fact is that "I'm a Louisville City" really needs to become their rally cry immediately.
Been saying it for years: Well-lubricated idiots are our greatest weapon against terror.

Saw a group of guys standing in line to the Haunted Mansion in Disney with the fishing hook in ball cap thing going on. I mean I own my fair share of Yeti products so I get being a poser but that seemed a bit too much imo

Bystander: "Terrorists are stabbing people with knives! Will no one stop them?"

Drunken idiot: "Hold my beer."

(Pauses)

(Stares at beer)

(Drinks beer)

Drunken idiot: "Hold my glass."

Reactions: Phil McKracken
In this particular war it really is a shame that we don't just meet in a field with knives, swords, etc. I used to watch Braveheart and be amazed at the barbarianism of it and how far humans have come to resolving conflict with advanced warfare, but now I'm fairly certain that if ISIS would rather have it out in hand-to-hand combat we'd have a waiting list for men willing to do it. The south alone could probably take care of it once and for all.

Probably worth trying to set this up IMHO.

Actually, unleashing the last remnants of the volunteers for a Confederate Army, Dothraki-style, into Syria is not the worst idea, to be honest.

We could solve a lot of problems in the short-term.

Long-term, when Nathan Bedford Al-Forresttraki decides to return home, however, we could have a problem.

Reactions: rudd1
I may watch Battle of the Bastards in preparation for the weekend super regional. *LOT* of similar themes between UL/UK and Bolton/Snow

In this particular war it really is a shame that we don't just meet in a field with knives, swords, etc. I used to watch Braveheart and be amazed at the barbarianism of it and how far humans have come to resolving conflict with advanced warfare, but now I'm fairly certain that if ISIS would rather have it out in hand-to-hand combat we'd have a waiting list for men willing to do it. The south alone could probably take care of it once and for all.

Probably worth trying to set this up IMHO.

WayneDougan too poor to afford a sword, imo.

Actually, unleashing the last remnants of the volunteers for a Confederate Army, Dothraki-style, into Syria is not the worst idea, to be honest.

We could solve a lot of problems in the short-term.

Long-term, when Nathan Bedford Al-Forresttraki decides to return home, however, we could have a problem.
Operation Trucknuts

Reactions: Hankshaker
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT