ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another cool local baseball story is Jordon Adell from Ballard. What a freaky talent. 6'3", 210 lbs, CF...hit .563 this season with 25 HRs and 63 RBI. Throws 97mph. What?!?!?!?!?! o_Oo_Oo_O:eek::eek::eek:

Kid should be a Top 10 pick in the draft. And he's also incredibly humble. Works his ass off. Whenever we are at Ballard, he is in their indoor facility working out...usually solo or in a small group. He's made himself into a player.
Watched a draft special on the MLB Network and their analysts were basically drooling about this kid.

F LOUISVILE F BRENDAN MCKAY AND F THE REDS IF THEY DRAFT THAT POS SCRUB.

Toboggan-Hat-with-Ear-Flaps.jpg

Nice fedora you're rocking these days, you stupid bitch.

I have been laying off the hatorade a bit since I got in trouble for the whole Higgins thing.

Saw on the tweet machine this past weekend where UL fans who didn't purchase tix to the games at Patterson Stadium posted up on Central Ave where it overlooks the field. May be the play this weekend.

Sucks that the first game Friday is at 11:00 CST. Gonna make it pretty tough to down several domestic lagers whilst watching the game in the office.

Baseball prodigies get lots of hype. Already a 14 year old kid in Atlanta that hits 500 foot bombs on the regular. Already committed to Hail State!
Could end up being a bust because of the name though - Blaze Jordan.

Elimination games are wild, man. Pretty much hang on every single pitch and every move. Guys show emotion they didnt even know they had in them. NC State just kind of lost it a bit, starting with those check swings which were probably strikes- and then UK pounced on them. I thought the pitching was much better than was assumed, all 3 did pretty much exactly what they needed to do to keep them in it until the offense could catch up.

UK's offense can win games in a few different ways... they can all come out 1 through 9 raking, or like late in the game last night- they find other ways to get on base and then just keep moving with bunts, steals, h&r's etc... and unless you are really good defensively, all that pressure finally breaks you. Thats what UL can do as well which is scary. I think those two teams are fairly close, obviously UL has the home field edge but maybe UK could steal game 1 and flip the pressure over to them.

Crowd looked awesome. There is something about late night delirium that makes sports even better. A far cry from when I was a student. Having a couple buddies that played, I remember watching with literally just a few parents. And back in the 2007 regional, the outfield standing room area was just some plywood that was put up so a guy could climb up and operate the scoreboard- but thats when fans started to notice more I think. There were teams for awhile that went door to door right off campus, selling season tickets like girl scout cookies (its a good way to pad your k fund points)

These stupid bastard CBB writers are really trying to pump up Tom Crean as an Ohio State candidate. It may be the dumbest F'ing thing I've ever heard.

Of course, these were the same idiots lauding the Memphis Tubby hire when UK and Minnesota fans were [roll].
So, are you accusing CBB writers of being dumb? Bold. Very bold. If true.

Season tickets were like $75 for 2, I read on Twitter? Can't beat that.

Hopefully they add suites or some sort of premium area soon so Anth will walk across the street and support.
Club area that serves beer. It's actually embarrassing that I can clearly hear the PA announcer from my living room, with the windows shut, but I haven't been in a couple years.

-NP, Joey. Just holler at Chris if you need anything. I don't know of any HVAC podcasts worth listening.

-Summer is just the best, man. Can't get over it. Sun setting at 9p. Shorts, flops, grills, beers, white wine, bikes, greenery, baseball on the tube, golf for those who do that, beaches, lakes, pools. Amazing how much better mood this season bring on.

-In a heck of a workout groove. Hope to be back running before long so I'm ready for bourbon chase. Amazing how much lifting helps the other stuff.

Reactions: Touch_Em_All
My attitude is changing on summer a bit, having a blast right now. I'm sure I'll be over it soon enough -- especially when the 95 & 100% humidity bullshit arrives, and I get tired of not having sports to watch & follow -- but no weather fighting from me at the moment. :sunglasses:

-In a bit of a rut w/ the grill -- already to the point where I'm burnt out & nothing really stands out or sounds good much of the time. Need to step up the seafood a little, I guess. Grilling thread used to be full of good stuff and new ideas, and now it's just Willy smoking a pork butt & wings every weekend & buckethead slobbering over Kingsford Briquettes.

-:golf: at Old Capital up in Corydon IN today, for a practice round. 4 of us heading up there this weekend for their 2 Day Invitational...which is in it's 56th year, and always full. Never played up there, but people seem to enjoy the track.

-If PTI(pti) would really go & support me, I'd heavily consider trekking down for Voodoo Festival to see King Kendrick. :eyes:

- Early summer has always been awesome. It's late summer that sucks, the dog days if you will.

- A New Orleans Rap Festival- sounds like a PTI event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT