ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shame OSU couldn't make a grab for Phil Jackson or Popovich. Guess they didn't want the flashy hire.

Pretty sure Richard Pitino wouldn't have turned down that job. And Gregg Marshall's wife really must be batshit crazy.

If he can get NBA money, I don't know why he wouldn't. I guess recruiting is a bitch, but at least you have some say over your roster. Nobody is winning jack in the league (especially the West) until maybe 2019 when Klay goes to LA. Golden State is just so much better than everybody right now.

But yeah, he is going somewhere bigger than OSU. A basketball school...

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

"Friends and colleagues,

Tomorrow the University of Louisville Board of Trustees will receive the forensic audit of the UofL Foundation that has been conducted by Alvarez and Marsal. We look forward to seeing the audit, and we will share it with the UofL community immediately following the board meeting.

It’s important to remember that the audit covers the period before the recent changes in the University administration, the Board of Trustees and the Foundation Board of Directors and administration. Since the audit was launched in December 2016, the Foundation has taken many steps to improve its operation and to ensure more transparency in its activities."

http://www.whas11.com/mb/news/local/audit-on-uofl-to-be-released-thursday/446637730

Matta had a helluva run there for a bit.

From '07-'13 he won 5-6 B1G season titles, 4-6 B1G tournaments...and went to 2 Final 4s. (Would have probably been 3 if not for kates :sunglasses:).

He went stale, and seemingly got lazy on the recruiting trail & ended up with some knuckleheads out of desperation as a result -- not unlike Tubby, Barnes, etc. 14 years at one place is a long ass time.

He went stale, and seemingly got lazy on the recruiting trail & ended up with some knuckleheads out of desperation as a result -- not unlike Tubby, Barnes, etc. 14 years at one place is a long ass time.
Another thing that happened, he had at least 5 assistants take head coaching jobs at some point during his run (Archie Miller and John Groce the most notable), and like you see so often with guys who are at a gig for a long time, their replacements were complete crap.

Torn on just how good of a job Ohio State is. I think it's a top 20 job in the country. My OSU fan guy at work thinks it's the 3rd best job in Ohio behind X and Dayton. They have good resources and a good talent pool, but it feels like the fan base can lose interest in a hurry, which is unlike the elite gigs in that conference. It's weird.

Matta had a helluva run there for a bit.

From '07-'13 he won 5-6 B1G season titles, 4-6 B1G tournaments...and went to 2 Final 4s. (Would have probably been 3 if not for kates :sunglasses:).

Didn't get lazy- had a bad back that hamstrung him.

For Golden State to potentially sweep the playoffs - something that has never been done in pro basketball - in a league that is the best it has been in 25 years, and to have only two close games so far, they have to be included in the best team ever discussion.

I know. MJ. Bird. Magic. WHO'S MORE NOW. It used to be better.

But it isn't 1994-2006 anymore, aka the period when the game was actually quite awful. This game, by the grace of God, will never happen again. Warriors are legit and the present day league is legit.

Addison Russell's wife outed him for cheating on her via her instagram. Their 5 month marriage appears to be over. Pretty sure he had another kid by another women not long before their nuptials which begs the timeless question to young, wealthy professional athletes of "Why did you get married?"
melissa.jpg

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
The Warriors are awesome and fun to watch. One of the best teams ever. Not really debatable. Just leave it at that and move on.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
So does Henderson not get any credit for building this squad? (Serious question)

Mingione specifically gave him credit during the postgame presser the other night for bringing in a lot of good players. Not sure about others around the program or nationally though.

So does Henderson not get any credit for building this squad? (Serious question)
I think he did really well putting together this team (a lot of it anyway) and previous teams. He worked well with pitchers too- there was just something missing, I guess. Baseball wise- he may be a better coach than Mingione. Creating an atmosphere, selling the program to fans, interacting with players, etc is something that he just wasnt as good at.

And as hyped as the end of this season got for UK baseball, I dont know if the norm is ever going to be going to the Super Regionals. Making the tournament and having a chance is probably the short term goal and one that is reasonable. Mingione has done really well, but he's had a lot to work with and kind of caught lightning in a bottle right off the bat.

So much for the incident being a horrible attack on the media to where they need to fear for their lives and the future of their profession.

Windows of the Lexington Herald-Leader building were shattered in two separate incidents, with damage discovered on May 29 and again on June 6. Police say they found evidence that the damage was caused by a BB gun and that juveniles may have been involved. Investigators continue to follow potential leads on suspects in that case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT