ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's too good to be true. I had a lot of good laughs and thoughts.

Then as I was making my toast a moment ago I thought of Larry Vaught interviewing a clan master.

Claish of Clains? I don't think I've ever heard of that. Can you explain to the listeners a little bit about what that is, and what it means to you?
And does it have a college age sister?

- Not sure about rim protection but a smallball lineup featuring Washington at the 5 is intriguing. We could switch everything and rebounding wouldn't be a problem as he and Vanderbilt are two of the best in the class.

- The most intriguing players are- SKJ, Baker and Alexander. Bigs can make a big leap in their second season, and the 5 is open if he wants it. With Baker, you just never know how well shooters will translate in college. They can outperform their ranking. I have no clue how good Alexander will be.

- The bad thing with Cal is the slow gel, the process. The good thing with Cal is a new style every year and you know we'll be playing our best ball come March. Six E8s in 8 years. Duke has 3 in the last 14.

- A&M should be pretty damn good next year.

- UNC- wow. I suppose if they get Johnson, they can go small and put him at the 4, but they have NOTHING in the post. Three incoming freshmen- Brooks is Top 60ish kid and the other two aren't even top 100. They also have Luke Maye and his Sandy Cohen eyebrows.

Holy shit.

Wait for the morning lull at work, refresh GYERO to get the 3-4 crappy overnight posts, have multiple pages of fantastic reading ahead of me.

Thanks, guys.

Kramer hasn't denied being an asshole to Brady's kids. Therefore - team Brady.

Also, I think I spent $1.99 on some poker chips when I first started playing WSOP and felt like a loser. So again - team Brady.

Last edited:
Reactions: NotchLickKat
Oh I categorically deny that. Never said a bad thing to them or about them in my life. I like his kids.

Only way I can sum up last night is you are minding your own business and someone feels like bumping into you to start some shit. Except this time it's over a video game. Last place someone should do that is on GYERO of all places.

Framing the issue is so important. Don't know if Kramer was an asshole to Brady's kids or not, but that's the angle Brady should have lead with.

"You were an asshole to my kids over a video game" > "You left my clan after getting clan perks."

-Per usual, GYERO-on-GYERO is the best GYERO.

-Unfollowed a ton of news accounts/journalists/commentators. I might be less informed, but my Twitter mood has improved considerably.

-Okay, NOW those college basketball preseason polls are relevant. I just checked out Rothstein's PALPABLE BUZZ TOP 25. Some thoughts:

There isn't a huge difference in the talent level of the top, say, 14 teams' starting fives. But I can't remember a season where so many teams had NO proven depth. There are only four teams, from my vantage point, who can take foul trouble/injury hits and keep on truckin': Michigan State, Kentucky, Arizona, and Southern Cal(yes, Southern Cal).

Not saying those are the four best teams(they're not), just saying they're the deepest. The next tier, speaking strictly depth-wise, includes Kansas, Louisville and TAMU(agree with Chad that people are sleeping on them a bit). Think he has Bama and Texas woefully underrated also. Both will finish in the Top 15, IMO.

Speaking of TAMU, how in the world is Tony Trocha still playing? Didn't Gillispie recruit him? He's the Colombian Jess Settles.

-I keep thinking that social media is getting worse, but then I remember that it's been forever since I've seen anyone trying to sell Plexus or starting a Kickstarter fund, so maybe I was too quick to dismiss.

Last edited:
I dont like spending $1 on phone apps. I dont know why that bothers me so much, I mean i waste more money elsewhere, but its rare that I would actually ever buy an app. I cant wrap my head around hundreds or thousands of dollars on a video game.

I dont agree with restricting a grad transfer, but I still kind of hope Pitt sticks to its guns. If you make an unpopular decision, you cant be held hostage by holier than thou media members to change your mind. I believe the original policy was guys could transfer and be immediately eligible if their new school offered a different academic program they were seeking (i may be wrong about that). If they are going to allow seamless transfers for grads- then the player should only be allowed to enroll in grad school courses. Most transfer, take one grad credit and then take undergraduate BS courses... then never acquire a grad degree. I mean there has to be some accountability.

Reactions: wcc31
Last edited:
- So THAT'S how those games show up in every commercial break while touting free play? Never knew how the hell they could afford all that advertising.

- Had meetings in Cincy yesterday right where the infamous 'Family Reunion' shootout nearly wiped out the GYERO brass 5 years ago, if not for one brave undercover cops actions. Hadn't been back to the scene since that fateful evening and all I can say is that I'm glad the Rock Bottom Brewery is still thriving.

- Shitty looking Memorial Weekend. Regardless, pulling the trigger on a Weber Smokey and taking her out on her maiden voyage Saturday, rain or shine. First dabble on the links Monday before playing at Westfields with some prospective clients next weekend. Can see a lot of snowmen and DNFBD's (did not finish bonzo's decision) on that course...or any for that matter.

- Time for some new J&M loafs. Bits, of course.

- Be nice if the NCAA went ahead and dropped the hammer on Louisville to put the cherry on top of this Diallo news.

-
- The most intriguing players are- SKJ, Baker and Alexander. Bigs can make a big leap in their second season, and the 5 is open if he wants it. With Baker, you just never know how well shooters will translate in college. They can outperform their ranking. I have no clue how good Alexander will be.

I'd throw Gabriel in that mix -- I'm nowhere near done thinking that guy can be *really* good with time & polish. He already has the length & motor, along with being much more skilled than being a often-lost (normal) freshman indicated.

Every lineup I've seen already has Washington & Vanderbilt immediately jumping the guy as if he's a career backup type player or something -- not so sure about that.

-Still pissed off they gave us a game in New Orleans...and put it on December 23rd. [eyeroll]

-Bonzo isn't doing corporate DC right if he doesn't attend the Quicken Loans National (Hosted by TGR) in some VIP fashion for at least a day.

Last edited:
Gabriel had 23 points and 8 rebounds against LSU in February. I mean the talent is obviously there, I'm expecting big things from him next year. That would be a career high for many of our better 4 year players quite frankly.

Does clash of clans involve gambling of any kind or is that the game where they have commercials of cartoons throwing axes at each other? I spent at least a grand on party poker back in the day when I didn't have a grand to blow through, but that had nothing to do with me being nerdy and more with me being a gambling addict.

Clash of Clans, from what I understand is World of Warcraft + Farmville. You have to choice to wait for a timer to level things up or you can spend endless amounts of money to speed up the timer.

Reactions: GomezH2O
Morgantown on January 27th would seem to be a fitting bookend to SAE's Assembly Hall experience.

No. You can attack other bases for gold and elixir which takes a ton of time to build up your base that way. Otherwise you can buy 1M in gold and 1M in elixir for .99 at a time. Which in the game some assholes give players a hard time for going that route because it's then given not earned.

$500-1000 is a shit ton of .99 purchases though, and to think Brady is pushing a narrative of 3-7K would be unreal TBH.

But this is GYERO where money grows on trees and even Brax can kill it.

Is Clans the one that had the commercial with Kate Upton on a horse?

That's Game of War. Pretty much a Clans knock off. Actually gaming companies are seeing that these free to play games with monetary boosting or premium purchasing is generating much more revenue than just selling some game for 50 bucks with no additional revenue potential.

Supercell, makers of Clash of Clans, and 3 other mobile games have 190 employees and made 1.0B in profits last year.

Here is an NBC Preseason All-American team

http://collegebasketball.nbcsports....llege-basketball-preseason-all-american-team/

and a nice little breakdown i posted when Diallo committed of his game

December schedule is set i presume: (KU in Chicago Nov 14)

2nd Harvard at Rupp
9th Monmouth in MSG
16th Virginia Tech at Rupp
23rd UCLA in New Orleans
UL at Rupp TBA
Obviously the proof is in the elixir but he didn't look like he had that bad of form on his jumper. I know it's a mixtape jam smashup but still. Kinda slow release and starts the ball low but it certainly didn't look like a hobo launching bricks or anything.

Reactions: cawoodsct
Joey The Bonz, load it up and light it up with no food the first time. Don't put any water in the water pan. You want to burn that manufacturer's grease off of there and "season" the whole damn thing a bit.

It will be good practice for you regulating temps and stuff as well.

Things I recommend...

1. Chimney - pretty much a must have
2. An additional small grate for the charcoal at the bottom. Stack them with the bars going in different directions. Keeps smaller pieces burning longer and prevents them from falling and blocking the bottom vents.
3. A wireless smoker thermometer. You'd be shocked at how off the gauge on the dome is compared to the actual temp where the meat is.

Dump in a chimney full of briquettes. Light half a chimney. Leave it alone until they turn to white ash. Dump them on top of the unlit briquettes. Open all the vents on your smoker all the way and let it go. It'll probably be in the 350 range.

You can practice filling the water pan without spilling any on the fire to see how it maintains the smoking range 220ish. Fiddle around with the bottom vents to see how much closing them reduces the temp.

Low & Slow - Gary Wiviott is the book you want. No, the book you need.

Don't bother with the expensive lump charcoal. It is a waste and doesn't burn as long or consistently as good old original Kingsford.

While the smoker is going, maybe kill some time by doing some calf raises or something. You look like someone ripped the legs off a WWE action figure and replaced them with Barbie's stems.

Reactions: Bonzo Cat
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT