ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Know someone who has LV tendencies and he is now sitting in jail. Looking back I wish I had intervened a long time ago. Didn't know how bad it was...if there was anything...but there were certainly signs. I feel a bit guilty...but how do you exactly approach that situation?
"Hey dude, quit getting all pervy ya perv."

Yes but it was with adult women etc. Just extra friendly. And then it expanded from there. It's hard to see but easy to see if that makes sense. Frustrating for everyone though...makes us mad and sad. We had no idea about the under 18 stuff.

Apparently, none of the . . . umm . . . , "recipients of his attention" have been uncomfortable to the point of asking him to back off. (Or maybe they have).

It's a stretch to expect a young person to do it, but you'd think someone like Nancy Cox would have suggested that he tone it down a bit.

Whaaaat...Veep is the funniest show on TV...and is a more accurate description of behind the scenes politics than House of Cards, or any political show, really.

I think they have made JLD's character a little too morally bankrupt and just plain mean this season. More Ben and Kent please

Reactions: tommyg4uk
re_feherty_h.jpg

Apparently, none of the . . . umm . . . , "recipients of his attention" have been uncomfortable to the point of asking him to back off. (Or maybe they have).
Per a wildcat friend in this thread, there's a field hockey team that has explicitly asked that he no longer interview them

Reactions: Mossip
Not taking up for Larry necessarily, but you have to wonder if thinks he's doing anything wrong -- some people are just weirdos like that -- we have a few in this very thread. Surely if he was trying to do something, or had malicious intent, he wouldn't broadcast every step to the world.

...or would he? /Keith :eyes:

#chaince

Well, Larry is certainly not alone in this... It's certainly not all guys of that age group, but they always seem to be in that 55+ age group who are like this with pretty much any female they encounter, student or otherwise.

On game days, between the guys on the TV crew, the old guys at the scorers table, plus fans, it's basically running a gauntlet of weird, unprompted comments that I'm not really sure how to respond to, but I'm pretty sure are meant to be compliments so I don't want to be a bitch about it.

(And the occasional sneak-attack hug greeting from behind or the "back rub turned 'warming up your arms' oh oops the 80 year old man who smells like literal shit and imminent death just touched my boobs" which is slightly more bothersome.)

Related: my "misogyny" comment from a while ago was referencing this. I think it was interpreted as "poor me, I'm a girl so I'm getting picked on and held back by the boys at work." Not that it matters one way or another to you guys, but I know full well that I'm not.

On game days, between the guys on the TV crew, the old guys at the scorers table, plus fans, it's basically running a gauntlet of weird, unprompted comments that I'm not really sure how to respond to, but I'm pretty sure are meant to be compliments so I don't want to be a bitch about it.

(And the occasional sneak-attack hug greeting from behind or the "back rub turned 'warming up your arms' oh oops the 80 year old man who smells like literal shit and imminent death just touched my boobs" which is slightly more bothersome.)
Good lord, that sounds awful.

Reactions: Ron Mehico
I know how ya feel, ukcats2008.

Every damn time I go to a strip club with a freshly shaved head, all of those scantily clad, body spray scented hussies think it is ok to rub my dome.

I can't help but feel like a piece of meat.

But seriously, your gauntlet of gropes sounds beyond awful.

I imagine attractive patients of a certain boat loving Lexington radiologist have had similar experiences.

Well, Larry is certainly not alone in this... It's certainly not all guys of that age group, but they always seem to be in that 55+ age group who are like this with pretty much any female they encounter, student or otherwise.

Related: my "misogyny" comment from a while ago was referencing this. I think it was interpreted as "poor me, I'm a girl so I'm getting picked on and held back by the boys at work." Not that it matters one way or another to you guys, but I know full well that I'm not.
That's not getting picked on. Back rubs? "Warming your arms up"?

I don't get it. I just don't.

Who was the national writer this past season who told Lar the gal was married when he asked Laura Rutledge on twitter if she was available for an interview after the Missouri game?

-So PTI comes to my neck of the woods and goes to the touching Garden of Eden? I mean, everyone wants to see a clothing optional bar but to act like is was awesome is hilarious. It's usually a few old dudes and a fat lady sitting around naked.

People always want to think it's gonna be a bunch of mid 20s chicks just dropping the panties off at the door, please. Glad you had fun though bud. Thanks for stopping by.

-I said over a year ago that I wore drifit shirts everyday. Given, it's easier to pull off here than other places but wearing cotton seems like caveman clothing at this point.

-Regarding sexism and ukcats2008 I totally believe it. If guys said to the girl bartenders I work with what girls say to me, they'd be thrown out with a quickness. Not that I'm upset about it or anything, just saying I can see that it absolutely happens.

Had a lady before surgery a couple weeks ago say that I looked like a sexy Latin lover (I don't) and that she needed me to step away. "Uhhh ok... we'll take good care of you." "Mmmm no really I'm getting horny and I'm about to start rubbing myself under my gown if you don't get away." "K. See ya." She had no meds in her system at that point, either. If I had a thing for 60+ year old women, I'd be set.

I find it funny but if that went the other way they'd call the police. Of course those women are mostly harmless and unlikely to do creepy shit after the interaction ends. Larry would be getting on Facebook and sending messages the second he got home if he had a younger girl taking care of him in the hospital.

- "That Guy" of the Day:

Older dudes who refuse to pronounce Nike with two syllables.

Always amuses me.

- I never knew how creepy dudes were until I went to Bourbon St during the SEC Tournament in '03 and noticed the pathetic herds surrounding the girls flashing to ogle or take pics. One girl in the middle and then 5-deep all around her. WTF?

- T-shirts, flipflops and shorts all summer.

- These millennial basketball writers are getting out of hand with their nerddom. Check out Vecinie's new NBA Draft pod today if you want to know what I'm talking about.

- Hard to believe as awesome as Cal's run has been, Duke, Louisville and North Carolina have all snagged titles.

- No Memorial Day plans. Can't wait.

- Not excited to work my first Summer Friday in 12 years starting next week.

- Bahamas for Christmas. I'll have BBdK out-traveled by early '19. Already have him OUT-CLASSED. :scream:

Know someone who has LV tendencies and he is now sitting in jail. Looking back I wish I had intervened a long time ago. Didn't know how bad it was...if there was anything...but there were certainly signs. I feel a bit guilty...but how do you exactly approach that situation?

You did the best you could, man. You were the only one on the Liggins train at the time.
EHMng.So.79.jpg

That's not getting picked on. Back rubs? "Warming your arms up"?

I don't get it. I just don't.
Eh, none of the people doing it are actual employees here, they're just on the periphery... games are a different deal. But in the day-to-day, in-the-office situation, I get treated like everyone else, by everyone, top to bottom. That's a big reason why I'd have a hard time leaving.

(They also tolerate me when I run shrieking out of the office because a cicada just flew out of my hair).

I think they have made JLD's character a little too morally bankrupt and just plain mean this season. More Ben and Kent please

Correct. VEEP is on its last leg...but the first few seasons was great television. Jonah is hilarious, but he's much better as the White House loser intern who has nothing going on in his life.

Ben and Kent play those roles perfectly.

Politics is basically 55% getting votes, 40% damage control, and 5% acutal policy work...VEEP captures that.

Pitt's gonna cave on this Cam Johnson situation bc Jay Bilas wont rest until JUSTICE

Life is so hard for college basketball players.

Poor kids can't transfer where they want. Boohoo.

That's F'ing life. You can't always get what you want. /Mick

Reactions: parrott
Bilas has clearly bought into his own hype to a nauseating degree. He's smart, experienced, and uses facts to articulate his points well.

He's also been told that over and over for the last decade. Smart fan early on worshipped Bilas and repeatedly begged him to be "commissioner of college basketball." :rolleyes: Now he truly believes that yes, he is that much smarter than you, and he SHOULD run all things college basketball... except he could never possibly deal with all the morons he'd be surrounded by.

F off, Jay.

Since we have 3 every year now, If you include my own, I think i've been to over 20 commencement addresses. Years ago, we actually quit having a guest speaker because, as I recall, the graduates were vocal on just wanting to get it over as quick as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT