ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not taking up for Larry necessarily, but you have to wonder if thinks he's doing anything wrong -- some people are just weirdos like that -- we have a few in this very thread. Surely if he was trying to do something, or had malicious intent, he wouldn't broadcast every step to the world.

...or would he? /Keith :eyes:

#chaince
I think Larry is ultimately just a harmless creepy perv (if there can be such a thing).

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
Matt Jones - "nothing says fun in New Orleans more than hot dogs to the face all night long". Not surprising IMO.

Speaking of hot dogs...

Had a fabulous meal of food at Senate in OTR the other night. Birthday Marge and I shared an order of lobster mac and then each had our own gourmet hot dog. She went with the Chicago Dog while I chose the Dog of the Day. Not sure what it was called, but it was topped with some fancy melted cheese, pico, jalepenos and french fries.

Delicious. 10/10.

They just opened a second location in Summit Park right across the street from me here at work.

In other big (HUGE) Summit Park news, the taste of Blue Ash will feature performances by Loverboy, REO Speedwagon and Big and Rich WITH COWBOY TROY!!! Holy shit.

But man, that dog and lobster mac were fabulous.

That sounds awesome -- was confused at first b/c it was talking about qualifying "18 holes", "Stroke play", etc...but it's stroke play on an 18 hole 'greens course'. :fire:

Anth needs to sponsor a local qualifier, and I'm in.

-That place w/ the disco brunch or whatever I was joking about Richie being taken to -- he was there on Saturday night, lol. He seemed to enjoy the dinner setting.

Snackdown, doggy? Figured it would be too trendy for you considering it's a fancy NYC dude -- first person I've seen that's been. #njfs

Reactions: catlanta33
Wodie... ROC was very solid. The original is in NYC and the owner, GM, & 2 main chefs are from Souhtern Italy. The GM just moved here from NYC. He's from Southern Italy, speaks broken English and does eveything from take reservations, host guests, and also operates as a waiter. It was surprisingly a little disorganized but they've only been open for a month or so.

The atmosphere was really cool. It's designed like an old house that's been remodeled so the accoustics are really loud and the tables are right next to each other but i figured that's by design. We sat in the glass encased area facing Bardtsown Rd, which I enjoyed. Almost like a glass covered patio.

I went with the Fettuccine Bolognese with house made pasta and the lass went with Cavatelli. Both dishes were WAF.

I'd go back in a heartbeat.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
- Any recommendations for a reasonably priced smoker? Don't smoke enough to justify a BGE, but want something more than a $50 tin can.

- One thing Under Armour does right besides appeal to kids with their superhero gear is golf apparel. Snagged some of their vented shorts (whatever that means) and pants over the weekend, worth the obnoxious price.

That breathable stretch fabric has taken over all forms of clothing, for the better. Noticed Banana and Ralph Lauren are tricking out their slacks with the same shit as well. Win / win for those of us who appreciate comfort and style.

- Speaking of golf - hit a driving range Saturday. Still suck.

- Still have no clue what a compression sleeve on a persons' calf is supposed to do and even more confused that only 40 pound overweight middle aged men seem to need them?

- No idea who the Chainsmokers are, but judging by the :30 sample I heard on iTunes, no doubt they're Anth's flavor of the month.

- More fruitless offseason coverage - Diallo or Larry?

- That Booker's 'Tommy's Batch' doesn't touch around at 128 proof :eyes:

Wodie. I'll put it on the list with the other 27 new spots I've yet to visit -- impossible to keep up, anymore, that's why I love my foodie friends like Richie & Chad.

Is it in the old Bed & Breakfast Italian place (Le Gallo Rosso) which later become Roux?

-Bonzo - Spend the $200 and get you a Weber Smokey Mountain -- pretty much the gold standard for a basic smoker, and will last forever. Or just get a Weber Kettle for $100, which doubles as a smoker just fine when you aren't grilling.

^ Hit up HQ & Galaxy on Saturday, and UA Golf Apparel is definitely leading the pack, not sure it's close these days.

Last edited:
*"Boom... Benny... Defense."

*Sunday night TV with no Homeland/Billions is complete bullshit. May as well sit there in silence. Think we get Bloodline back in the mix this week tho.

*Arizona's roster next season... Thats a tough squad coming back.

*Diallo will fax his decision to Coach Cal in the next few days, imo. I realize that NBA GM's have taken absolutely horrible draft picks basically every year- but I still dont know if I would want to take someone, even as gifted an athlete as he is, when they havent played organized basketball in over a year. That just seems tough to gauge. But again- some really questionable things happen on draft night. I guess on the contrary, for those who say he could be in the lotto next year- why not take him with a bargain pick this year and plant him in the d-league?

*Got on a little Isbell kick this weekend. Rainy weekend with a bottle of Knob Creek i had to dust off. Dude makes good bourbon drinking music. Still havent opened the Tommy's Batch. Will maybe wait for some special sports occasion.

*I have no idea the most expensive meal i've ever had. I kind of think that on the rare occasion when you really splurge- you just sign the bill and keep it moving. If you worry about the price tag, you probably ruin the night.

*Bonzo- Weber Smoky Mountain smokers are excellent. You can probably get one around $250.

Reactions: Bonzo Cat
Wodie,

It's in the old Emma Lou's Cafe & Boutique. You'd really like the joint. The atmosphere reminds me of a NYC restaurant and the food was awesome.

I find Veep just okay. Quick & easy watch when bored, but not sure I'll keep going after 1.5 seasons...

I realize some shows take awhile, but these days, if something isn't REALLY grabbing my attention, it's hard to stay with it when there are 50 other unseen/hyped options to check out.

Reactions: roguemocha
Kids these days are such loser pussies. [eyeroll] at the mass walking out during Pence's commencement speech at Notre Dame, and the people supporting as "their right to silently protest, this is what makes America great!!!"

GTFO

This isn't a political post either, I'd feel the same way if students walked out during an Obama or Hillary commencement speech (which they wouldn't, but that's not the point here).

As a college kid, (or any age) having someone of that stature speak at YOUR commencement/important event, would be cool no matter who it was. But that's just me, I guess. :angry:

Good luck in the real world.

Whaaaat...Veep is the funniest show on TV...and is a more accurate description of behind the scenes politics than House of Cards, or any political show, really.

and is a more accurate description of behind the scenes politics than House of Cards, or any political show, really.

:eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes:

lmao the stupid notre dame students "felt unsafe by Pence's presence"....like what, he's gonna put you up on a unstable scissor lift thingy and make you stay there during a terrible storm till you meet your maker? GTFO. Unsafe. Go fidget yourself, children.

Bonzo, I have a Weber Smokey Mountain and will be happy to take you for a test drive on it.

I love the thing.

I also have a book that gives you step by step instructions on 5 basic recipes/cooks that teaches you everything you need to know. Complete those 5 cooks and you basically know how to do everything you need to know.

If Alkins coming back didn't take Arizona out of the running for Cam Johnson, you'd have to think Akot reclassifying would.

Just make sure it's a pork butt or Wings Bonzo, lord knows Willy can't or won't cook anything else.

:angry:
And Pork tenderloins, tri tips, brisket, turkey breasts, whole chickens, cabbage, salmon, ribs and meatloaf so far. But good try.

I can't wait until your wife locks you in the trunk.

Good call not trying your hand at that dogsh*t goetta, William.

Why would you smoke goetta you ignorant asshole?

You know what, get buckethead to help you out. Maybe you can wipe each other's asses with baby wipes and throw them in a Kroger bag when you are done.

Try to help a brother out and you get hit with unwarranted snark and roid rage. Touch you, Bonzo. Touch you.

Know someone who has LV tendencies and he is now sitting in jail. Looking back I wish I had intervened a long time ago. Didn't know how bad it was...if there was anything...but there were certainly signs. I feel a bit guilty...but how do you exactly approach that situation?

Know someone who has LV tendencies and he is now sitting in jail. Looking back I wish I had intervened a long time ago. Didn't know how bad it was...if there was anything...but there were certainly signs. I feel a bit guilty...but how do you exactly approach that situation?

Hey, can you not rape the young people?

No?

Ok well I feel obligated to inform the proper authorities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT