ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asking for TV advice. bbdk just skip, please.

Haven't bought a new TV in 8 years. Looking at 60". Anything specific to look for, deals, websites? Online vs store?

No gaming, no fancy cord cutting, just for good old fashioned TV and sports watching.

Reactions: west-ky-wildcat

Haven't bought a new TV in 8 years. Looking at 60". Anything specific to look for, deals, websites? Online vs store?

No gaming, no fancy cord cutting, just for good old fashioned TV and sports watching.
Just bought a 65" Samsung 4K SUHD. Recommend checking out if Costco still has "last year's" model, which is running $1299 instead of about $2399.

Well yeah, that, and also because he thinks he's being clever and getting around the lying media by talking straight to the people.

There are "reasons" but none of them are valid.

John Vincent Calipari does not post on facebook, twitter, snapchat or whatever. He has people do so in his name, like a boss.

I guarantee that Billy Clyde would have tried to run his own twitter account as a UK coach, though.

Big difference.

Reactions: roguemocha
Will be there over the 4th this year. Any non security related tips?

@tommyg4uk

The Fat Pelican is my favorite bar in the country and is in Carolina Beach.

Wrightsville Beach is probably the better beach, and is only a few miles up the road. Surfing is better at Carolina Beach.

Tons of stuff to do July 4th down there, take it in. I may be there as well, if I can get out of Texas.

Reactions: UK_Dallas
Rich Brooks is basically the only grown celebrity man who should run his own twitter account is my position.

Here's a picture of fish and tomatoes. Don't like it? I did just gut a fish. Just saying is all. Wesley Woodyard is awesome and I gamble. F*** you.

I'll take that all day.

I would love to see video of his media training at UK.

Wife locked her keys (purse) in her trunk at the gym...for the 3rd time in the last 8 months, and 2nd time in 2017.

Told her she should consider not putting her keys in the trunk, and then told her to get an Uber home. Told her last time if it happened again, I wasn't coming to rescue -- word is bond.

This post has been a topic of discussion at the house today. Needless to say, battle lines have been drawn.

Have one a half mile from my house...will check it out.

Finally have a night with no fundraisers, thinking about hitting up Uptown Dallas. Any recs?

Still confused as to why the keys are in the trunk with the doors locked.
Also confused...What is the successful out strategy from this?

Also, the previous locker lock... was it some sort of special lock? Because I thought combination locks were, like, $5 at Target. I think even the fancy "just line up the numbers" ones are under $10.

Reactions: roguemocha
HBO series 'high maintenance' has a pretty graphic gay f*ck scene in the middle of the first episode, up until that point it was pretty good [sick].

I know it's not PC but a warning would've been nice, HBO.

It's interesting as a society that we are at a point where it can be considered non-pc/homophobic/whatever to be pissed off at a graphic gay sex scene in the middle of an otherwise enjoyable television program.

Reactions: TheySoSensitive

All your answers can be found here: http://www.avsforum.com/

Worth spending an hour or so reading through deals and some of the threads on a specific TV.

Costco seems to be the retailer that comes up with great deals. As for online retailers, there's a nice scam network there so it's tougher to say one is better than another when the pricing is mostly consistent between authorized retailers.

Shameless plug but I just bought the LG OLED (2016 model) and to me, it was head and shoulders better picture than others that I saw.

"Excuse me Xe, like what you want, but don't be mad about our sex when I have to endure yours on tv regularly"

-all the weirdos ever

Got a new Sony 65" several months ago, been happy with it. You're smart enough to know but don't get any with 3D. Ours was about 600 cheaper than the top of the line model and the difference was not having 3D, which is virtually dead at this point anyway.

My piece of advice is to buy it on a credit card with price protection (chase sapphire reserve has it), and set a reminder to check the price in 60-80 days online. It'll be cheaper somewhere at that point. File claim, get a check.

WHY EVEN BUY A TV WITH THE CORD CUTTING TREND? YOU CAN NOW PURCHASE ON AMAZON THE PKT2K2 CONVERTER THAT ALLOWS YOU TO PROJECT WHATEVER MOBILE DEVICE YOU CHOOSE TO STREAM ON A ECO FRIENDLY PROJECTION CLOTH THAT YOU CAN HANG ON WHATEVER WALL IN YOUR HOME. THE PKT2K2 HARDWARE IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH SEVERAL DEVICES SO PLEASE GOOGLE BEFORE PURCHASING.

I'm by no means a high roller and it cracks me up that he started that thread because he spent $70 (meal, drink, dessert, and tip) on dinner at a Brazilian Steak house.

Reactions: WayneDougan
Is Larry married? If so, how has his wife not murdered him yet? Is she too busy hanging out with Joanne Pitino or something?

Reactions: HUBER
I usually just scroll through his tweets once a month to see what kind of creepiness is going on (don't even follow him), but in doing that, I've never once seen him mention his wife.

And, as I've been saying, this has moved beyond an old guy having boundary issues and having no self-awareness.

Not taking up for Larry necessarily, but you have to wonder if thinks he's doing anything wrong -- some people are just weirdos like that -- we have a few in this very thread. Surely if he was trying to do something, or had malicious intent, he wouldn't broadcast every step to the world.

...or would he? /Keith :eyes:

#chaince

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT